Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going Out With a BANG!!! :D

This morning I am .5 pounds away from my century mark!!! My band is giving 150% in these final days... lol

There is a teeny tiny glimmer, a shimmering gossamer dream, that... dare I say it? I could even... break into ONEDERLAND by the time the band is relieved of it duties!

I don't know how psychosomatic this is, but my tummy seems very tender. I'm almost afraid to eat anything, hence the sudden downward trend. Plus, I have been getting my fill of distraction from food (THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!! :) ). I even did my 20 minute walk yesterday, instead of putting it off until "after".

Stay tuned for more exciting details.... lol

Hey, do you think the band has been there long enough that I will have a "ghost" band? You know, like those people who've had to lose an arm or a leg, sometimes they still feel it... I don't think my band really wants to give up, so maybe, just maybe... Should I call it Casper?

Door prize for the winning name of my ghost band!!! :)

Hi Donali

I think you should splurge and buy yourself a beautiful Bracelet. Everytime you think about overeating, or eating something you shouldn't, you just rub that new beautiful "band" and you will be right back on track!

Meanwhile, we can refer to you as Mrs. Muir (the ghost and ...) !!

I commend you for your terrific and upbeat attitude. I know this must be such a difficult time for you and you are in my prayers!

Beleive it or not. I was wondering the same thing this morning. I would almost guess that your body would take a while to realize the band is not there anymore. I am so happy about your positive attitude!!!!! Even through this tough period, you are still giving me so much inspiration!!!!!

Thanks Donali

Guys, Donali and I spoke last night. I admitted that in addition to feeling so sorry about what she's going through, and in addition to wondering if that could be my next challenge, I was just plain afraid that without her band, she'd go away and I'd have to get used to life without her.

I don't think I'm the only one who has come to rely on her wisdom, so I don't think I'm the only one going through this. Once she is unbanded, there will eventually be no logical reason for her to be here day after day...but who cares about logic! I want Donali to keep coming here as long as I do! (I'm also afraid it sounds like a freakin' eulogy.) Will someone a little more gifted in this area help me with expressing this...I seem to be having trouble.

Sue

Guys, Donali and I spoke last night. I admitted that in addition to feeling so sorry about what she's going through, and in addition to wondering if that could be my next challenge, I was just plain afraid that without her band, she'd go away and I'd have to get used to life without her.

I don't think I'm the only one who has come to rely on her wisdom, so I don't think I'm the only one going through this. Once she is unbanded, there will eventually be no logical reason for her to be here day after day...but who cares about logic! I want Donali to keep coming here as long as I do! (I'm also afraid it sounds like a freakin' eulogy.) Will someone a little more gifted in this area help me with expressing this...I seem to be having trouble.

Sue

you said it perfectly sue!

Shhh...You know, Sue, I've thought exactly the same thing. I've been leery of saying it flat out to Donali, though, because she should be focusing on her and not worrying about us relying on her for boosts of wisdom and encouragement. I know you know and she knows and we all know that we can all do as we please and what will make us happy, but I don't want to express an iota of anything that might lead to guilt on Donali's part. Much as I want her to stick around forever and hold my hand, I have to understand if she can't or doesn't want to post-banding.

Donali, I know you will make it to ONEderland before you have to say goodbye to your band. I love the idea that your stomach might have a permanent bottleneck in it! How cool that would be, hm?

And I love the name Casper. The FRIENDLY ghost!! LOL

I hope you have a ghost band that you can ride right on past the century mark! Of course you'll want to talk to bandsters if you are eating like one. Things will work out, I'm sure. You deserve it.

Debra, I LOVE your idea. It sure beats my original thought of paying someone to stand over me with a sledge hammer and give me a whack everytime I ate too fast or too much, or whenever I looked at a 15 foot sub and thought, "Hmmmm.... THAT looks good...." lol

Birdee - Thanks! :D It's one of those back and forth kind of things - I inspire you, you inspire me, repeat ad nauseum. :D

Sue, Sue, Sue. I'm so sorry I keep forgetting it's all about you. :D I haven't created a SUE post in a long time, and I have no excuses... :D The bad news is, now that I've created so many posts about ME, I see how addicting it is. lol Actually, this could work in your favor, this addiction. How could I leave the board and miss someone saying something nice about me?!?!?! I have a feeling you guys will keep me tuning in for a very, very long time... :D

I did confess to Alexandra that as time went on, my ability to give advice on band-specific issues would most likely become less and less valid. I imagine eventually I will start to forget what this wonderful 17 months felt like in terms of the odd ache and pain. And I wouldn't be able to "witness" about my 6 successful years with the band, like Jessie Ahroni. But maybe my input could still be valuable in the emotional eating arena. And fingers crossed, maybe I could witness to others that even if the worse happens, all that was lost might not necessarily have to be regained. OH! Good! I have yet another reason to find a way to maintain my loss!!! YOU GUYS!!! :D

Alexandra, I think there's something wrong with your post... There seems to be a lot of little words at the top - waaaaay too tiny to read. :D We'll have to get Alex to look into this problem. Weird computer glitches... :D

Rebecca, thanks for your support. I have the feeling that eating like a bandster is one of the very least important reasons as to why I continue to hang out here. Don't tell anyone, but I'm kind of attached to you guys. :D

Donali: We are kinda attached to you as well. So, stick around because where you go we go. LOL!!

lol.....I thought it was the Mystery Band!! Nevertheless....I think it is great.....If it makes you smile it is so very worth it all. We all know self esteem is what we all need (because of our weight problems)...that is how we ended up here, right!

As far as a name for it, I guess I will have to think on that :D.

God Bless you....and isn't there a saying "Once a bander always a bander"? I thought so too!!

Kathy

Well, the ghost band is still fully functioning - so far, so good. :D

But here's the pisser - who was it who said the IV Fluid contains about a bizillion calories?!?! I was CERTAIN that when I got home yesterday and weighed that I would have been at 199. Not only was I NOT in onederland - I was 206!!! This after being on nothing but liquids from Thursday night until weighing on Sunday. liquids, and about 3 cups of Jello - THAT's IT. And to add insult to injury, today I was 207!!! WTF?!?!?! :D

I've had about two cups of lowfat cottage cheese with some bruschetta sauce, and four cups of Soup since arriving home on Sunday. sigh... :D

But something the band taught me is that the scale LIES, and doesn't always move in a timely fashion even when we continue to do the right thing - so I will continue to put one foot in front of the other, and never again use the scale as an excuse to fall back into my old ways of bingeing on high caloric, low nutrition foods.

Posting pics to my "I'm back" post. :D

Donali: Remember the anesthesia can make you retain Fluid. So, the excess you see now will disappear in a few days I think. Keep that positive focus and you will succeed. I have faith in you banded or not.

I hope you have a "ghost band" so you will contuniue to keep coming here and offering us your wonderful wisdom and support.

Glad to hear you are doing so good. Your attitude is awesome!

I know that through support that you have given everyone that you will get support. What a strong and brave woman you are. Don't let a little Water weight get you down...I am sure you look marrrrrolous darling! Stay away from the scale it is addictive and a liar.

Rica

My doctor said that a lot of patients will make up in their mind that they have a lot of restrictions and that they really don't. So, try to get your mind thinking that even though your band is gone, you still have your restriction. And do as before and be with all of us. You can do it!