Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

I am a computer moron :) so everyone will just have to bear with me. Also another forewarning, I don't spell well and have been unsuccessful at getting the spell checker to work.

My father and I were banded on 10-03-06 by Dr. Rumbaut. I had difficulties with gas post-op and my father had problems with the shoulder pain. The flight home was very uncomfortable for us both. My father is very adventurous and has tried everything from carbonated beverages and liquor to regular or large sized meals. He has noticed a slow in his weight loss, but otherwise is doing quite well. I have followed Dr. orders to the "T". I exercise at least 30 mins. a day and have elected to restrict my portions to between 1/4 cup and 1/2 cup at a time. I was satiated at first, but am now have some real hunger pains. :hungry: I do my best to get through it. I am back to work and find it's easier to drink a shake in the A.M. and eat when I get home around 5 P.M. with another meal around 8 P.M. If I get hungry during the day I have stopped at Walgreens and picked up a single serving string low fat cheese for $.50. I can't get over the amount of money I'm saving. I am doing everything that I can to stave off or postpone the need for a fill, but I have noticed that my weight loss has slowed drastically. I have read that your body does better if you provide it with a shock weekly. In other words, your body tends to accomodate or get used to your eating style and will learn to maintain as long as you do. I read that if you eat something "bad" or different from your recommended diet for 1 meal 1 time per week that it would keep your body guessing, and you would be less likely to plateau. Does anyone else practice this?

Yippee Weekend!!

Le2sha, whats a slush? I think when we drink it goes right thru so its not the same with food. I could be wrong... I need to go flip thru my "manual" again.

The inlaws are coming to visit tomorrow. I toldf my husband I didnt want to go with them when they go out to dinner. I;m not ready. I dont think my DH told them what I was having done so that should be interesting.... we'll see, we'll see!!

Enjoy the weekend everyone. I'm sure I'll check in - I'm addicted.

Slushy meaning Slurpee..

Pistol

I hope what you've heard is true because I just "shocked" my body with a $100,000 bar. HA HA

Seriously, I have said again and again that I chose Lap Band so I could eat like a normal person who makes good, healthy, portion controlled choices MOST of the time.

My opinion only, if you can handle it, and some of us can't, go ahead and have something "bad" once in a while. Just don't let that once in a while turn into more often than not.

Good luck, stay positive!

btw - I would stay away from carbonated stuff though. It erodes the band. I am missing soda, I never drank a lot but I do like it. Yesterday I opened a big bottle of diet cream soda (YUM) and am waiting for the carbonation to go away. I didn't realize it took this long!!!!!!!!!!!

Slushy meaning Slurpee..

Oh I'm a dork. Too long away from regular food. =)

I made some banana bread for the inlaws - since all we have to offer them is string cheese and suigarfree popsicles! I SSSOOOO want some of the banana bread!!! But i dont think it really qualifies as mushy and sicne peopple have issues bread I dint want to get sick.

Hope everyone is enjoying their saturday!

I had my first fill yesterday. 2 cc. I threw up twice today! But I'm determined to make it work! I just have to maybe go back to some mushy food for a bit? Banded Oct 2nd, 2006 at 324 lbs. Yesterday I weighed in at 292!

Way to go Jimboss! So nice to see new folks on our site! Soniacan, I think Banana bread is a mushie! I can eat most bread ok. Well I haven't tried too much yet- I did manage half a cinn roll the other day, warmed up in the micro. And I ate a tiny piece of French Bread without the crust, and some Garlic Bread. Went down just fine. I had a grilled cheese for lunch with reg sand white bread, that was ok too. However, DH took me to Carl's Jr..... for dinner, I was curious to try a burger..... couldn't do it. I took 3 bites, and it got stuck. Plus, it was gross. I did however manage half a small bag of popcorn at the movies. That went down fine. I seem to be having a hard time with drinking 64 oz of Water. I have not counted oz of water that I make my Soups with or cook with. I wonder if that counts though? I just can't seem to get it all down. Tiny sips here and there... then stop an hour before a meal and an hour after a meal. Then I am up peeing all night. Ugh! Kinda frustrating. Ok and Slurpie girl..... I think your ok... how did your tummy handle all that sugar? I want to try a Coke flavored Slurpie. I wonder if its safe. Soniacan.... how did the In laws take your news? Are they being supportive? I hope so. Alrighty.... I will stop gabbing.... Has anyone seen Tellys pic? In the pics forum? She is sooo Hot! Ok Ok I will stop talking now! I promise lol :) ~Raynie!

Hi there,

Its so nice to read the different experiences of everyone on here. I was banded on 26 October 2006 and I am still on liquids. Including the pre op diet I have lost 25lbs so far. At this point its like throwing a deck chair off the Titanic but hell Im thrilled with it. At least Im going in the right direction.

Im having lots of anxiety about my first fill scheduled for 5 December. Also about my Christmas party at work. We usually have a big dinner and I feel like perhaps I should not go, as no one at work knows I had the proceedure. Do any of you have any suggestions Im terrified of burping up food in public.

Thanks

Christine you know I would still go to the party, I would just make sure you are really in tune with your signs of fullness and when you get full simply stop. If you eat a little of everything on your plate I am sure no one will even notice. Just take your time chew really good and savor each bite. You'll be fine.

I have my first fill on Monday and I will let you know how it goes but I bet its a piece of cake.

Take care.

Hey guys I need some advice. I have noticed the last couple of days after I take one or two bites of anything I get a pain in my middle back like its stuck. It doens't matter what it is I am trying to eat. Then after a minute or two it does away. Anyone got any ideas? Any advice would be great..

Hi everyone.

I did have some of the banana bread and it was heaven. i couldnt not go to lunch with the inlaws ... so we're at applebees looking at the menus and i'mm silenetly praying they have a good Soup whn my husband says to me "u should tell them..." I panick that they'll have heard and think i was pregnant so I just say, I had a stomach thing done 2 weeks ago and need to eat something muchie." my DH goes, wow you just threw that out there didn't you. It worked for me, So they asked about what I had done and I explained it. They were very nice and curious. i have great inlaws. i didnt like the soup so i got the potato skins and had the insides of 3 of them. not healthy in the slightest but i couldn't imagine what else to eat.

Tonight we went to the resertaunt around the block and I knew I like their chicken noodle soup so i would be safe. The cook must have quit bcuz it was so BLAH. so i picked at it and had a roll. BBRREEAAADDD. kinda hard but i didn't care!! =) I gave the rest of the bananaa bread to the inlaws to eat at their hotel or i'll be tooo tempted to pick at it.

Raynie i'm with you on the 64 ounces. which i find weird becuz i was a Water guzler before this!! I always got my water in. Now I feel like i'm gulping and not sipping and then i get all worried and I stop drinking my water.

well since i am rambling i better go. Nyte!

I was banded on Oct 17th and I feel terrible! I have my gastritis back. Does anyone suffer from this? I am leaving on vacation on friday and I don't even know how I can ride in a car for 16 hours. If you have or had this what is your best treatment. I have lost over 30lbs and it will be more cuz I am afraid to eat. help. Mary

Is anyone else getting heartburn?

I had this tonight yum!

Taco Soup:

1 onion diced

2 tbsp Olive Oil

2lbs ground beef

2 envelopes of Fajita Seasoning

1 can Rotel

1 can Cream of Celery or Cream of chicken Soup

1 can Beans (black, pinto, or refried)

1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese

8 oz Light Cream Cheese

1 cup Water

1 cup skim milk

2-3 drops of tabasco sauce

Crushed tortilla chips any kind (1/2 cup)

Salt and Pepper to taste

Dash of Cinnamon

Saute onion in olive oil. Brown Lean Ground Beef. Add fajita seasoning and rest of ingredients till comes to a boil, then simmer. Enjoy.

Lap Banders portion on lliquid phase will need to run through the blender! I served my husbands soup with crushed tortilla chips and a little sour cream on top.

<!-- / message --> <!-- sig --> __________________

Stats:

Banded 10/31/06 Halloween

10 day liquid preop diet/ Self Pay $13,500

PreOp 292

Day of Surgery 285

Now 279

Goal 150ish

<!-- / sig -->

<!-- controls -->

edit.gif quote.gif quickreply.gif <!-- / controls -->

<!-- message, attachments, sig --><!-- post 328890 popup menu --> <table border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr> <td class="thead">kimberly150

</td> </tr> <tr><td class="vbmenu_option">View Public Profile

</td></tr> <tr><td class="vbmenu_option">Send a private message to kimberly150

</td></tr> <tr><td class="vbmenu_option">Send email to kimberly150

</td></tr> <tr><td class="vbmenu_option">Find all posts by kimberly150

</td></tr> <tr><td class="vbmenu_option">Add kimberly150 to Your Buddy List

</td></tr> </tbody></table>

<!-- / post 328890 popup menu --><!-- / close content container --><!-- / post #328890 --><!-- / close content container --><!-- / post #328890 --><!-- post #328850 --><!-- open content container --><!-- this is not the last post shown on the page --><!-- post #328850 --><!-- open content container --> <!-- this is not the last post shown on the page --> <table class="tborder" id="post328850" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="thead"> #79 <!-- [sTART HACK='vB Pager' AUTHOR='UAEWEB.COM' VERSION='3.0.0' CHANGEID= 6 ] --> <!-- [END HACK='vB Pager' AUTHOR='UAEWEB.COM' VERSION='3.0.0' CHANGEID= 6 ] --> report.gif

<!-- status icon and date --> post_old.gif Yesterday, 02:59 PM <!-- / status icon and date -->

</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="padding: 0px;"> <!-- user info --> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="6" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2">717.gif</td> <td nowrap="nowrap"> kimberly150 user_online.gif <script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_328850", true); </script>

</td> <td width="100%"> </td> <td nowrap="nowrap" valign="top"> Join Date: Oct 2006

</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!-- / user info --> </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt1" id="td_post_328850"> <!-- message, attachments, sig --> <!-- icon and title --> www.allrecipes.com

<hr style="color: rgb(209, 209, 225);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> My favorite website (other than lbt ofcourse:)) is

http://www.allrecipes.com

In the search bar just type in soup or smoothie for a plethora of recipe ideas to use and/or modify! Have fun!

</td></tr></tbody> </table>