Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

Well it's official - all of our October Bandsters have been banded by now! Congratulations to you all, and I look forward to going through this journey together! Let's kick some butt and lose some pounds!!

I can feel my port with every move I make. Its still really sore. Hopefully there will be a time when I dont even notice it. How is your port treating you?

Hi October Bandsters,

Hope all is great! I feel wonderful and working out 4-5 days a week, lost 12# since surgery 6# from week before on liquids. Gonna have first fill 11/13/06. lots ? for the Dr. For some reason I have a bigger appetite and that scares me. Hope my band has not moved but we will see. Take care Jules

Today is my one week anniversary band date. I've been pretty miserable. Yesterday evening I was feeling pretty decent, so I went back to the office today. By Noon I had such pain in my shoulder I thought I was having a heart attack or had a blood clot - I went to the ER. All is fine, I have to figure out how to manage the shoulder pain I get - It must be from the bloating? I think I need to continuously sip H20 or something - just don't know what to do.

Please provide suggestions and let me know if any of you are experiencing this too.

3 days post op

hehehehe i thought that i was the only person that took pictures of my tummy. lol :) i took it 3 day when i came home from the hospital and then again a week after i took the first one. :( this week i'll take more hehehehehe here is mine. Oh i didn't have them covered.

3 days after ~~> http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/qbanita75/mytummy.jpg

2 weeks after~~~> http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/qbanita75/PICT0357.jpg

My port is in the way when i bend over to pick stuff up and i feel it when i try to roll on my side. I have a right side port. Weird since i have a big liver too. i think maybe i have too much stuff on that side :)

It does get better though.

Are you still swollen too? Do you get bloated during certain times of the day? I'm always aware of my port and incisions - been one week today.

I just went to my Dr.'s website where he has a BMI calculator. When I started this process, my BMI was a 50. Now, one week post op, my BMI is 45!

I know this is still high, but I am darned proud of myself.

:clap2: Yay Me!:clap2:

Hope you all had a happy and safe Halloween!

I am 5 days post-op and I still have a lot of swelling and bloating. But I'm feeling quite a bit better. I am so jealous of people who didn't have any pain! My port incision still hurts, but not too bad.

Audrey that is so awesome!!! I haven't dared to weigh myself yet...

Hi everyone, I am now 2 days post op and am really sore - thank goodness for pain medication. Worse today than the actual day of surgery. :phanvan I am so happy LBT server came back up! I have no appetite, but have been drinking lots of Water. I wasn't hungry but packed a few scoops of Protein Powder (38 grams) into one shake. Hope everyone is doing well!! Take good care, Kim

I was checking out the pics that Joy Joy and qbanita75 posted. I only have 3 incisions. Since I don't have a spleen or a gall bladder, my liver was retracted enough that I didn't have to have but the three. I am so happy. I think it has helped my rehab as well. Maybe just mentally, but I'll take it either way. Has anyone else heard of this? Just curious.

Boy.. I have been going crazy.. LBT has been down.. and now it is back up..so I can function now.. I am now 3 weeks post op.. and have lost 27 pounds.. I start mushies today.. I am not sure what I can and can not eat.. I am scared to eat mushies that I will start to put weight back on.. I dont want to.. It is gone forever..

Trick or treat night was good.. I walked and walked.. for about 1.5 hours.. my kids got tons of candy.. I have not touched it all.. it does not look good to me.. I know if I start, I will be back where I was.. trying to be strong.. :faint:

Has anyone got their first fill yet? I had may 2 week appointment with another Dr. and then I have another appointment at 4 wks post op with my actual surgeon.. at that time I may get a fill.. it will be only 4 weeks post op... or I may have to wait.. Has anyone had one that early?:help:

Hi Everyone

Today I went for my 2-week post op visit. It feels sooooo good to get those staples out, so much more comfortable.

I confessed my sins to eating regular dinners with my family and he told me that as long as I tolerated them well and chewed the heck out of it, I could progress to regular, soft foods. I can't wait to have an egg for Breakfast tomorrow:biggrin1:

I am down 24 lbs total, including pre-op diet. I think that this is when the tough part starts. Incorporating regular meals (3 per day he told me) while making smart, healthy decisions all while the appetite is coming back, slow but sure.

He told me to come back in a month!

Good luck to everyone out there!

My surgery was on 10/10/06.

I did ok the first week, and the second I went to

work on shorter hours, then got exhausted. And likely had a UTI.

I took 4 days off, flew to visit a friend and just relaxed and slept.

My bmi to start was 35.8, not very high, so I expect slow progress.

And I prefer it, so my skin will remold itself.

I got a nasty burning in the throat 17 days post surgery.

It appears to be either acid, or a yeast infection in the throat-

something I've experienced before.

Taking post-surgery antibiotics wreaks havoc with me due

to the sensitivity to yeast. It is a constant lifelong battle.

So I'm not surprised if that is the issue.

I hit a plateau starting surgery day at 202 pounds. I stayed there until

3 weeks out from surgery. I then dropped to 197.5. I try to only weigh

on Mondays.

I notice that when I break a weight loss plateau I get very, very

fatigued. And weepy. This was very true the 2nd week out from surgery.

The throat burns, the port site has a sting in it once in a while, but

not often. I would say that is expected - the body has a foreign

object in it. ha.

From preop diet to now, I'm down 17.5 pounds. I have no fill,

and I'm actually hoping that I don't have to have one.

It is somewhat difficult, as I live alone and am very far from

my solid network of friends. But I get a lot of leeway to

do as I need and as I please.

I'm extending mushy foods 1 more week to 4 weeks.

I LOVE the fact that my clothes are getting looser. And I'm happy with

the weight loss rate. I am a patient person.