Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

I found that even though I hated walking, it actually helped heal me quicker. I went for a walk one day and was experiencing pain in my port area and thought to turn around, but I decided to continue and by the time I got back to the office, the pain was gone. I noticed that each day I walked even just a 1/10th of a mile, the pain became less and less. I am now nearly 3 weeks out and feel absolutely no pain and I know it is in part to my walking. Good luck to all new bandsters and to those who are having their banding done this next week.

i was banded on the 9th and am just getting around to posting here ... sorry!!

i am doing pretty good. down just about 30 pounds from my pre-op weight (i have a L O N G way to go).

my doctor released me to solids on thursday and my weight loss has slowed significantly. i am really not too hungry but going from eating nothing to eating 2 - 2 1/2 meals a day it's a big difference i guess.

i am starting to realize just how easy fish is to cook.

best of luck to all of us.

losing jusme...

losingjusme. Great job with the weight loss.

I am so looking forward to mushies and solids. I was banded the 12th and still on liquids. My appetite is really coming back.

Shellybeans I'm so glad walking is helping you. Good luck and good work.

Momotrips hang in there I promise each day does get better. I finally go back to work Monday I'm a little nervous.

Everyone thats banded wooohooo. and for all those getting banded I'm thinking about you.

momotrips, hang in there. it will get better I'm almost 1 week out and starting to move like i used to. Your right about the going to work te next day..thats a joke..I'm glad to read that all went well with you though..Yuppy...lol

Well, I was banded on the 12th and I feel like I am starving to death. Why is this? I'm still on liquids. This is day 22 (which includes the pre-op diet up till now) of liquids. My stomach is actually growling. Why is this?

Well, this is the week for my surgery...thursday is the big day. I am hoping I have a quick recovery and do well. I am hoping I can base that on other surgeries I have had in the past several years. I am a quick healer and a fast get-a-going-again person after surgery. So hope for the best again so I can go back to work by monday. I have an office job so that might help. The pre-op shakes are going fine and I really have not craved much of anything. I am just excited to get it done and move on.

Congrats to all out there having such success...and I am feeling so surrounded with that success when I go in here and see just how many people are doing this or have done this and how well they are doing. It is just amazing I think.

I am on my way to "getnhealthy".

:clap2:

Good luck to getnhealthy and any others who are getting banded this week. Yahoo!!

Irish dancers I was really hungry during the liquid stage too. I felt like I would eat and then 1 1/2 later I would be starving again. Now that I am on mushies I do not get hungry as often. Hope you get to move to mushies soon!

well, im knew here, and have only posted once. But i gotta say. Ive got a lot of comfort from this site. Im going crazy right now cuz my band date is tomorrow!!!! EEEK!! Im so nervous!! Somebody calm me down! No, im ok. how did everyone deal with the stress the day before. i tell you, my house has never been cleaner. what did everyone else do??

I had my banding on Thursday the 19th and doing well. No pre-op pain whatsoever. I have incisional soreness, but no pain. Doing well with liquids but seems like all the liquids are sweet liquids and I want something that tastes different. I have had chicken broth and hope to have some Tomato Soup today. I'm not a sweets person, like salty things. I know I have 2 weeks of this stage and then can go to soft foods so hopefully I can hold out and do well. I'm looking forward to being 3 weeks out from surgery. I was up walking as soon as they would let me and believe me I believe it helped with gas pains. I had very little and could tell that it would move around and disappear after walking.

I wish the best of luck to all those about to go.

Take care all!

Well, my banding was on the 19th and since it was at 3 pm, that day was shot after the whole thing. I was out of it! I did really well though, and was walking on the hospital floor that night. On Friday, I was very thirsty and it took a while until they finally did my upper GI stuff, everything checked out fine, and then I feasted on some broth, tea, Jello, and water! I felt so much better! I walked around the floor of the hospital again, then went home and rested. Yesterday I rested and rested, and today, I finally feel pretty good and somewhat normal again! There was a lot of tenderness in my tummy, but I didn't experience the bad gas pains a lot of people have talked about. I also feel okay around my port area. I did try to eat a few bites of taco bell Beans last night....bad idea! I threw them up right away! My stomach was telling me that it is not ready for that yet! I tried some cream of chicken Soup though yesterday, and I know it's supposed to be all broth and popsicles, but I needed something with a little substance. Anyway...I did fine with that! I think that I will have some more of that today. I have noticed that some of you have mentioned the eating with your eyes kind of thing, I think that is going to be hard for me too! Just getting used to the fact that my tummy is so much smaller now, and that I really don't need as much.

I had a dream last night that one of my friends was eating Cookies and I ate some of them! It was kind of funny! I felt full after that dream!

So...from my observations, to those of you about to be banded~

1. It seems like everyone seems to feel pretty good around the 3rd day

2. Walking does help!

3. It does take a few days to process what is happening to your body, so be patient and remember that the pain, soreness and gas is all temporary, but the weight loss is forever!

Much love to all my October bandster friends!!!

Hey moongodess, my bandsister!

Take it easy on those beans! Throwing up is a big no-no! I know what you mean though by wanting something of substance! Jello and popsicles are good the first day but then you want some real food! I'm having Tomato Soup right now and it is so good, something with a different taste.

Hang in there all, we are on our way to skinnyville!

Hi all

I was also banded on the 19th. Definately have soreness at the incisions but other than that, no pain. I didn't get any of the gas pain I've heard so much about, thank goodness!

PLEASE don't eat yet, this is the time for healing, not experimenting. I know it is difficult. We have chosen to completely change the way we eat and I don't care what anyone says ITS A BIG DEAL.

Someone mentioned that their head hasn't caught up with the evens, I couldn't agree more.

My stomach is grumbling but I don't really want to eat, very strange sensation. I know my appetitte will be back with a vengence soon. My dr. won't do a fill for 6-8 weeks post op. That seems a long time to wait but I do want to be completely healed. I also know this is a tool I need to learn to work with.

Good luck to all who have just gone and best of luck to those who are going this week