Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Doggy Bags And Leftovers....

There are some events I go to every year that serve some delicious food. I hate to waste it and asking for a "to-go" container may not be possible (ladies luncheon at church, husband's christmas party with the best food i have all year). I have visions of my grandma at the buffet with her little ziploc baggies taking food home for her dogs. Has anyone invented a purse sized reusable doggie bag that is discreet?? LOL.. it seems so funny to ask this but what the heck!! Who wants to throw away 4 ozs of filet mignon!!! I would love to hear how y'all bring home your leftovers. No point in wasting it if it can last a few meals!!! I thought about keeping a mini car adaptor plug in ice chest handy in the car for when I do have leftovers. :)

I'll just ask for a container or take one with (to reunions) ....I've thought about this as well....

My two cents, I'd be happy to leave that 4 oz of filet behind. Before the sleeve I would have found a way to stuff it in.

And really, it never tastes quite as good once it's been reheated.

Maybe think about all the reasons you like these gatherings besides the food.

Make a list. Focus on them.

If you want to take some home, no problem.

Focus on the people, relationships at the party first?

Planning ahead is key.... You are on the right track.

And really' date=' it never tastes quite as good once it's been reheated.[/quote']

True dat

I don't have an answer to your question, but not wasting food was one of the big things that got me here. I had to clean my plate. I filled up at free meals and buffets like I would never have access to food again. I had to change that way of thinking about food. Now I try to make it about the people and the gathering.

I agree with others that it's best to shift the focus to people instead of food, but I do go to events where I bring things home.

If I want to bring home leftovers from an event, I sometimes bring something in my purse, such as a plastic bag or small plastic container. Sometimes i just wrap something in a napkin or use a paper plate with another as a cover. If I can't keep it at a safe temperature and I won't be home within 2 hours, I don't take it.

Lynda

I don't have an answer to your question, but not wasting food was one of the big things that got me here. I had to clean my plate. I filled up at free meals and buffets like I would never have access to food again. I had to change that way of thinking about food. Now I try to make it about the people and the gathering.

YOU ARE SO, OH SO, RIGHT!!!!!

It is no longer my job to find a home for food! no longer my job to clean my plate or to make sure the food does not go to waste!! One of the thing I have been doing since the sleeve is learning to walk away from my plate with food still left in it :). I am teaching that little girl in me, not to feel guilty about the starving children or how it's a sin to throw away good food.

I have saved and carried home my fair share of yummy good food... I pilled on 340lbs worth of good food on my body. No More of that.

I understand the relationship aspect of gathering, but its 2012 and people are without jobs and food...I got big by not embracing portion control...the sleeve is a tool to helps us with portion control...I like the idea of leftovers so food is not wasted, (as long as its eaten in its correct portion size), and you have the ability to not abuse food...there's nothing wrong with leftovers...especially when someone worked hard to provide it for you.

I like leftovers. Less time in the kitchen, less dishes to wash. And my two teenage boys love anything and are bottomless pits. The responses have been interesting. Thank you!!!