Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Low Bmi Almost 5 Months Out 42 Lbs Gone

Hi there, I thought I'd share my progress. I started out at as a low bmi at 201. Was sleeved 4/9 by Dr.Kelly. Today I weighed in at 159.

When I was researching the sleeve there wasn't a lot of info regarding low bmi and the surgery. I am hoping to get down to 145-140.

You are doing fantastic, and sooo close to goal...congrats!

you are doing great! My BMI is 33. I also would like to be at 140-145 I know the weight wont come off as fast as someone with more to lose but we can do it!

How was your after surgery experience for the first few days... I am sooo curious!

Hi Az sunshine, I to am in the beautiful sunshine state, I live in Show Low in summer and San Tan Valley in winter. Where are you at?

My surgery date isn't until the end of Oct as I am a revision from band to sleeve. Unfortunately my band eroded and could not be done at the same time. My Dr. will be dr. Ponce de leon and I am getting very excited about it and would love to have a local sleeve buddy, are you game? You can PM me if you like my name is Debbie.

Hi there' date=' I thought I'd share my progress. I started out at as a low bmi at 201. Was sleeved 4/9 by Dr.Kelly. Today I weighed in at 159.

When I was researching the sleeve there wasn't a lot of info regarding low bmi and the surgery. I am hoping to get down to 145-140.[/quote']

Great job! I was sleeved by Dr Kelly in March at 5'6" and 226. Down to 168 today. I am hoping to get down to 145, it's been slow but that's ok with me;)

Wow you look fantastic, congratulations!!! you and I are almost the same except I am just starting out, hoping to be sleeved soon. I am 5'4", 200lbs and looking to get down to 135 / 140.

You are and inspiration... Thanks, Debbie

you are doing great! My BMI is 33. I also would like to be at 140-145 I know the weight wont come off as fast as someone with more to lose but we can do it!

How was your after surgery experience for the first few days... I am sooo curious!

I honestly had the BEST recovery. I was at home, walking, and driving within 3 days of being home. I just kept positive that I WAS going to heal fast, and I did.

I'm in Az too in NW valley of Phx. Just scheduled today with Dr. Kelly for 9/22. I also have similar stats and goals. I am trying to decided if I should fly to San Diego or will I feel up to driving 5 hours home after surgery. Any insight? I have had multiple abd surgeries and have always sailed through with minimal pain/fatigue.

YAY! I'm a low BMI too, but I had a lot of complicated factors. I was only BMI 33 at 216 lbs. I'm 3 weeks post op and already 196, I'm hoping to meet my first goal at 169 by 3 months so I don't have to take any more insulin meds. You give me such hope! YAY!!!!!

Hi Az sunshine' date=' I to am in the beautiful sunshine state, I live in Show Low in summer and San Tan Valley in winter. Where are you at?

My surgery date isn't until the end of Oct as I am a revision from band to sleeve. Unfortunately my band eroded and could not be done at the same time. My Dr. will be dr. Ponce de leon and I am getting very excited about it and would love to have a local sleeve buddy, are you game? You can PM me if you like my name is Debbie.[/quote']

I grew up in Show Low! On. E Owens st!

I now live in Mesa. I went to HS in Tombstone.

Hi Susan, How are you doing, I see you have already had your surgery, I can't wait for mine! Oct 29th will be my date. Around the middle of Oct we will be heading for the valley, and be staying down there for 6 months. Our home here is just on the border of Show Low, and Linden, but we are technically in Show Low.

I'm in Az too in NW valley of Phx. Just scheduled today with Dr. Kelly for 9/22. I also have similar stats and goals. I am trying to decided if I should fly to San Diego or will I feel up to driving 5 hours home after surgery. Any insight? I have had multiple abd surgeries and have always sailed through with minimal pain/fatigue.

Hi my name is Debbie and I to will be heading to TJ but not until Oct 29th, I went in for a revision at the end of June this yr and came home with just my band out as they found that the band had eroded. Are you driving yourself? are you going alone?. If you are driving yourself I have to say that I don't think you should. My husband went with me and drove the 5/6 hrs. home and I was just miserable the whole way, I can't even imagine how I would have been had I had to drive myself. You can PM me with your phone # if you want to talk to someone with first hand knowledge, I will be glad to talk to you! but if you will have a driver you will be fine, if you will be flying you will be fine.