Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just wanted some thoughts about yoga? Has anyone incorporated it into your exercise routine? Has it helped you tone up? Any thoughts advice would be greatly appreciated!

I've been doing yoga daily for over 5 years now. Nothing beats it. Yoga won't firm you up on it's own, it won't give you that 'yoga' body you see on TV. I know that because I've been as high as 284 pounds despite daily yoga.

What it will do is make everything else feel better. You can run, bike, swim, climb, lift, surf or anything else you like to do better than you did before and with less pain. It's the best way to prevent injury and recover from all other activities and life in general. in my opinion everyone can benefit from daily yoga.

Great..I need to start somewhere and I have buldging disks in my back..I wondered if it would help me to be able to do all the other exercises.

Although I am interested in that DDP Yoga mentioned in another post...anybody do that???

I haven't done the DDP program but I've looked at it on the website. It looks pretty good based on what they showed. Lots of pro wrestlers now do yoga because they get beat up so much for a living. Trish Stratus couldn't even straighten up from horrible back issues. A friend got her into yoga as a way of helping her back. She retired from pro wrestling and opened a yoga studio in Toronto.

My favorite programs are the ones put out by Rodney Yee but if you like the look of the DDP program you should go for it.

My coworkers and I did a tape by Rodney Yee today..felt wonderful after..I may look into this DDP program! Thanks for your responses!

I'm also interested in yoga. I reckon for a very long time I thought yoga was for people who were already 120lbs. I sure wasn't gonna embarass myself at 289lbs :D trying to do yoga. And now I really want to give it a try.

@IsB - where can you get the Rodney Yee DVD's? Best Buy?

And what about Pilates? Is that as good as yoga? Or about the same?

I bought my Rodney Yee video at Walmart

I'm also interested in yoga. I reckon for a very long time I thought yoga was for people who were already 120lbs. I sure wasn't gonna embarass myself at 289lbs :D trying to do yoga. And now I really want to give it a try.

@IsB - where can you get the Rodney Yee DVD's? Best Buy?

And what about Pilates? Is that as good as yoga? Or about the same?

I will check Wal-Mart for it. Thanks

I bought my Rodney Yee video at Walmart

I will check Wal-Mart for it. Thanks

Local Community Ed programs often have yoga classes. I just went to my first one last week and I loved it. Sure I was probably the only one there sweating like a pig, but it felt really good to be doing something! I figure it's a gentle way to start moving again. I can't go from sedentary to aerobics overnight! Afraid I'd either have a heart attack or break something. So glad I found yoga. And Water exercise classes!

Hi. I do hot yoga 5-7 times a week and love it. The classes are either 1 1/2 hours long or 1 hour, and the sweat feels great. It's easier to stretch muscles in the heat, and I'm getting toned like crazy. I love it and look forward to going!