Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Newbie here

Guest carmen06

Guest carmen06

Hello all, I am new to the group. I was banded on April 5, 2004, but all I have been able to lose is 18 pounds. I have lost track of my diet and that is what has me not losing anymore pounds. I had my first fill on May 21 still feel no restriction and will have a second fill on June 24, I hope I feel some restriction then. I still can eat alot like before the surgery.

Carmen:mad:

Hi Carmen,

Welcome!! We can all relate to those long stretches of time with no weight loss, particularly before a fill. Good luck with your next one and let us know how it went!

Hi Carmen!

Welcome! I hope they find your "sweet spot" fill soon and that you'll really be able to use your band as it was intended! Congratulations on the weight you've lost so far!

Darcy

Guest intant

Don't get despondent...you're nearly there. I had my second fill on 6/22 and wow! I suddenly know that they did remember to but the band in! It might be the second, or third or fourth fill, but the restriction will come.

Last week it was a steak, salad and potato for dinner and still not satiated...now it's half a chicken breast and a few forks of salad and I'm 'stuffed'.

Good luck

Intant

4/21/04

Dr Horgan

410/363/220

Hi Carmen.

I know how you feel. I was banded in March and have had one fill. I can still pretty much eat anything I want. Hopefully I will be going for my 2nd fill pretty soon. Hang in there.

Hi Carmen, and welcome!

Please remember that the projected weightloss AVERAGE is 1-2 pounds a week - you are falling right between those two numbers, so you are right on track!

I know it is never fast enough, but we need to be careful that we give credit where credit is due, and to manage our expectations to be in line with reality so we don't sabotage ourselves.

An AVERAGE of 1 pound a week would be 12 pounds in 3 months, and you've lost 18!!! That's GREAT!!

The power of averaging really helps to put plateaus into perspective.

Remember - in the end, it's really about being more healthy. If we practice healthy lifestyles, a healthy weight will follow.

:(

Guest carmen06

Donalie and everyone else in this board

Thanks for your posts. I have to say that I did have my second fill last week thursday. However, there is something that bothers me. The first time that I have my fill my doctor gave me a fill of 1.5 cc and when he went to do the second fill this time when he removed the saline he only got back 1cc instead of the 1.5 cc. He was alittle wary about it and said that it might be that my stomach expanded. What do you guys think of this.

Right now I have a total of 2.25 fill and I have to say, I really can feel the restriction. I feel like everything gets stuck in my esophagus everytime I eat something. I guess they call it a funnel or something like that. I hate the way it feels. I guess I have to learn how to take small bites and chew more. You know, chew, chew, and chew. But like I said I have alot of restriction now. By the way I went to see the nutritionist at my doctors office today and I have a total lose of 21 pounds. My starting weight was of 228 and I am happy to say that I am down to 207.9 and my surgery was done on April 5, 2003.

Carmen

Carmen -

It is very common for the doc to pull out less Fluid than was supposed to be in there. Don't worry about it.

You sound very, very tight. Try drinking warm fluids before you eat - that will often relax things a little bit, and make eating a little more comfortable. Also, you may try doing one very small bite or two, and then waiting 5 to 10 minutes before trying to eat anymore. That can help with first bite pain as well.

If eating remains an uncomfortable experience, you may consider having a slight unfill. .1 cc can make all the difference in the world between being too tight and just right.