Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else get cold much easier? I used to sweat like a pig and now I am really cold.

Oh my YES! It drives my hubby nuts that we are so far apart in temperature...then introduce hot flashes and I have my own Personal Summers without notice...I am hoping soon my body will level out :)

Yes!! It was really bad in the first couple of weeks post op but has gotten a lot better. I have noticed that I still get cold much easier than I used to. It's a welcome change to hot and sweaty, especially since I live in Florida!

Yep. I don't freeze so much during the day, but at night when I go to bed, for some reason I freeze for about an hour or so. I used to sleep under a sheet, now I use FOUR blankets and still freeze. Beats hot and sweaty.

I can't wait for this! I hate being hot!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

My husband came home from work the other day and said wow its hot in here! Lol there i was laying on the couch all bundled up in two throws...i immediatley turn and tell him im freezing because i knew he was going to go and turn the thermostat down. He stopped looked at me and walked away lol my thermostat said it was 84 degrees...every since surgery i havent been needing to turn the ac on too much because i stay cold. I even started turning the ceiling fans off :-\

It is caused by the reduction in ghrelin as this is not just the hunger hormone but the hormone that regulates body temperature. It will settle down after a full year of seasons! (or so I am told, lying her in socks and with a big blanket!)

I used to get cold easily to start with but now I feel like I'm even colder more often I sleep with a heating fan and a heating pad on some nights!! I also live in Texas where it's hot and I wear hoodies and jackets I'm sure people look at me like I'm crazy lol!!!

My mom had the DS ten years ago and she is still always freezing! We may have to just get used to being chilly on a frequent basis!!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I use my electric blanket more than ever. I LAN to get an electric throw for couch this winter. Since the sleeve in feb. Only way I got warm was high temp on electric blanket. Since it's warm out. I'm not cold. I also found. If I'm cold. Walking or going to gym warms me up. Only time I sweat is when I workout at gym now