Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Poll - Are You Attracted To Overweight People?

What turns you on?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What turns you on?

• I don't care how overweight my significant other (MSO) is, other virtues are what turn me on.
    • Fat turns me ON! The bigger the better.
    • Within reason MSO's weight isn't an issue for me.
    • I'm overweight, but I expect MSO to be only slightly overweight or thinner.
    • I won't settle for anything less than perfection. I am only attracted to model types.

Oh I love people watching. It's a great way to pass some time.

I had my surgery a little over a month ago so I am obviously still obese. Even at my heaviest I always found that I was not attracted to overweight men. I'd rather them have a little weight on them than be skinny though. I always felt like my destiny was not to live my life as an overweight person and that somehow I would change my life around. I want a man who is going to help me achieve health as opposed to setting me back by tempting me with an unhealthy lifestyle more so than I am tempted (and have done) already. That being said, my ex was his proper weight yet ate WAY worse than me. I gained a good 70lbs while I was with him and he LOST weight. Damn men. So I guess even men who are not heavy can have that impact. Either way I prefer men who are not overweight and live a healthy lifestyle.

interesting story, there is a clerk at a store down the street who makes those uber-skinny fashion models look like jabba the hutt, and she accused me of checking her out or staring at her or some such tripe. She of course had the obligatory disgusted look on her face, I just smiled and walked off after buying my cancer sticks. I was NOT checking her out, I was thinking:

"EAT A F**KING BIG MAC!!!"

Unknown if my telepathic message got across, possible updates if I remember.

Yogurt is all over my lcd monitor!!

I've dated from Athletic to MO... I can honestly say that I need something to hold onto, so yes I like'em big. I always said no one bigger than I am. So, I guess no one bigger than me at my largest. My friend had gastric bypass, and still dates and loves Larger women...

Wow, this is an interesting topic! My hubby has always been really thin (too thin in the beginning) and now he is just right. occasionally he will put on an extra 10-15 lbs and I am not attracted to him. I know it sounds awful, but I married him a certain way and I have always been fat when I have been with him. I often wonder if he will love me as I get thinner....

. I'm not judging them or anything, I just like to see how people act when they don't expect someone to be watching. It fascinates me.. .

We are people watchers too. Out at dinner we will talk about what peoples stories might be. Their body language and facial expressions tell a story of their own.

I have never been with an obese man. I've never been attracted to one. They have all been "normal" weight and slightly muscluar. All have been athletes(do weekend warriors count??).

That said, I have many overweight friends of both sexes. I do not lower their value because of their weight.

Could I fall in love(if I werent married) to an overweight person, sure I guess but I'm attracted to my type.

Susan

Chubby chasers freak me out too - it's just as bad as someone who only wants unhealthy anorexics. It's gross...

i put that my sig of needs to be only slightly overweight because he is a health nut, and he loves to exercise and he has a very nice body.

if he let that go, his personality would change also.

The eyes, it has always been the eyes for me, windows to the soul and all that.

After that it is the face, I love watching expressions and thoughts travel across DH's face.

I have never found skinny men attractive, and I definately lean towards chunk, I want my men to look like men.

DH actually told me to put some weight on when we met - god bless him little did he know!

I actually find James Gandalfi (?) from the Sopranos very horny, but I think that is more to do with the character he plays...never could resist a bad boy :eek: Not stupid bad, just rebellious, rule breaking,twinkle in the eye kind of bad...

yeah, it's always been the face for me too. but the people i wind up dating usually are not fat.

sorry but I couldn't look at a man that had bigger boobs than me I know that's bad because I am struggling with weight but I just never even consider it .....I guess I should have had those high expectation for myself .. my husband meet me thin and I gained the weight over the years a 2 kids later but he still found me attractive that's why I love him unconditional LOVE

my sister is trying to hook me up with one of her co-workers. I simply do not find her attractive physically or intellectually at all! She is also very obese which is why my sister is using girl logic to think I just want 'barbie dolls' and that I am not attracted to her becuase of the girls weight. Which is not true in any way shape or form. I DON'T CARE ABOUT WEIGHT!!! Cute is Cute regardless of weight or body type.

So for some reason beyond me, she is still trying to play matchmaker with this girl. Please help, how do I defeat her logic and make her understand that I don't like this girl?! I don't want to hurt this girls feelings by being blunt but I will if I have too.

Derick, this is a bummer. Why is your sister persisting with this ill-advised plan? Can you not explain to her that your tastes are quite particular, as are most people's, and that you need to have intellectual interests in common, a shared sense of humour, etc in order for a relationship, even a friendship, to have lift-off. Having weight issues in common is simply not enough.

Gawd! I remember my art teacher was always trying to set me up with men who looked an awful lot like me, and I am totally not my own type. If I wanted to look at a big blue-eyed blondie, I could stare at myself in a mirror! Ugh!

Where you will need common ground is on the intellectual plane. You are muy smart, very funny, and kinda twisted - a winning combination in my opinion. You need to be around similarly intelligent and creative people, people who need to goof outside the box.

My suggestions are as follows: tell your sister exactly why you are not into her friend, and then follow this explanation up by indicating that should your sister persist with this matchmaking bizness the only result will be that this poor girl will end up feeling horribly hurt by your continuing rejection of her; if you have some sense of easiness with this girl, talk to her directly about your sister's machinations, explain to her that romance ain't going to happen because you feel that the pair of you don't click intellectually, and that you are awful sorry that your sister keeps on persisting with her ill-advised match-making project.

If you do end up having the it's-not-gonna-happen talk with this girl, do it in a relaxed and friendly manner. Get her on your side; encourage her see your pushy and insensitive sister as the enemy.

You might even want to talk to this girl about the lapband.

hmm...green, I know you don't have kids but do you happen to have any nieces that you have corrupted that are single as well?

the most beautful person (guy or girl) in the world can open there mouth and all of a sudden become unattractive! ya'll know what i mean?

i can appreciate a nice figure and looks, but if they open there mouth to speak and they have rude, nasty personalities to go along w/their hott looks, then its just a turn off.

the same is true for the opposite. an obese person with other appearance problems can open their mouth to speak and all of a sudden become alot more attractive.

although looks are first impression, i'm more attracted to whats behind the meat suit that we're all trapped in. the character of a person goes farther with me then anything else.

my sister is trying to hook me up with one of her co-workers. I simply do not find her attractive physically or intellectually at all! She is also very obese which is why my sister is using girl logic to think I just want 'barbie dolls' and that I am not attracted to her becuase of the girls weight. Which is not true in any way shape or form. I DON'T CARE ABOUT WEIGHT!!! Cute is Cute regardless of weight or body type.

So for some reason beyond me, she is still trying to play matchmaker with this girl. Please help, how do I defeat her logic and make her understand that I don't like this girl?! I don't want to hurt this girls feelings by being blunt but I will if I have too.

uuhhh, well, it'd probably be easy for you to tell her no if you were involved with someone else....then your sister could tell her co-worker obese female friend that she didn't realize you were in the process of seeing someone else. no one wins, no one loses, everybody still loves each other.

sounds like perhaps you need to go on a lil hunt yourself! you know what you like, and you know what you want, so go get it! - just hurry! seems as if time may play a factor in all this. otherwise, you'll have to play the diarreah card or something evertime a meeting or date is arranged.

and who knows, maybe you should just go with the flow, go on the date, heck , the girl may find she doens't have much in common with you and she may be the one to tell your sister she's crazy! lol.

but, seems to me your sister is really just trying to hook up her friend from work and you happen to be an easy target since you're her brother.

tell your sister if she likes her so much, then she can date her, but you're staying in the playing field for someone else right now.

ok, i gave you several options....and if worse comes to worse, simply call the chick yourself and eliminate the middle man. tell her that it could never be serious between you two until the herpes clears up in a few months! LOL...ok, just threw that one in there for grins!:smile: