Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was diagnosed with hypo hashimotos 2 years ago. My synthroid was up to 175. Since surgery it has dropped to 100. My doc told me the thinner you are it is possible you would need less meds, but it won't cure it, your always going to need some. Since my diet has improved, I stay active and don't get as tired. I still have days, mostly around PMS. It is a pain at first to get the meds right. My doc recommended if you have good insurance or can afford the synthroid, you can tell the difference between it and the generic Levothyroroxine.

Was your thyroid really high?

Did you take any meds?

Mine isn't super high. I do take synthroid everyday in a fairly low dose. But my sister yakes a very high dose. None of us ever had problems conceiving, but we were young when we had our kids. I'm 36 now so I'm not sure it would be as easy.

5 of my 6 sisters as well as myself have thyroid disease/conditions and we all have children,,my mother also had hypo and had 8 kids. I'm sure if you let your thyroid condition go and not treat it, it would cause all sorts of problems.

I have been battling with hoshimotos for 8 yrs now, for the longest time I was told I was lying about how much I was eating as I gained weight. Finally they figured it out thanks to my gyn. My endocrinologist told me synthroid is part function based and part weight based for dosage. I am on 200 now. Your tsh can be normally but other thyroid functions can be off. Tsh is the thyroid stimulatting hormone. There is free t4 and t3 that can be off. Tsh is released by your pituitary land and the hormone stimulates your thyroid to release t3,t4. So you can have normal levels of tsh but low of the t3,t4 which regulates your metabolism.

Ive been on levothyroxine for about 20 years now upti 150 mcg per dose,since having surgery my levels have dropped,now taking 137 mcg per dose

My daughter was diagnosed with hashimotos thyroiditis when she was 5 now 20

I have a thyroid dysorder and take Levoxyl. Pre-surg was aweful! I was having panic attacks, leg cramps, depression and terrible feelings of being scared. The Primary care doc wanted to put me on anti-depressants. I declined because it just treating the symptoms. I had a goiter that has been removed. I am 5 yrs post-op. Just recently, like 1 year ago-ish I have began to feel normal. My only advice is to go to a endocrinologist. Endocrinology is not primary care cookbook medicine. It is very complicated. Be persistant and don't take "natural" medicine as it is not regulated by the FDA. The natural medicine is not easy to control as the dosages vary by batch. Also, either take name brand or generic but don't go back and forth as their formulas are different. I now work for endocrinologists. Just hang in there and again be persistant! And, finally this is just my opinion as I am not a physician. Good Luck!

I got my sleeve nearly 3 years ago, I have yet to reach goal, and have gained back 25 lbs. I exhibit every symptom of Hashimotos. I have researched treatments and have discovered that the typical drug doctors put you on only treats T4, not T3, which is where a lot of the issue is with Hashimotos. Until the 1950s dessicated porcine thyroid was used, which does address T4 and T3 and T1, that is why you have Hashimoto people taking the typical drug and still feeling exhausted etc.

if I start taking a thyroid med, will I be able to lose weight? I know it won't *make* me lose weight, but perhaps it could remove some of the road blocks? I am faithful with my fitness and nutrition and still have 60 lbs to lose yet my body just won't budge.