Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just got banded 6-21-04

I just got banded yesterday at Memorial Hospital in Chattanooga TN, by DR Rose. IT HURTS!!!!! Mostly getting up from sitting down. My doctor had place my port in the middle of chest instead of the lower left side of my stomach. He said that's the new procedure, because it's more stable there and won't tend to move after you begin to losing weight. Plus also it's harder for patients to get to, becuase some patients were deflating the band themsleves so they can eat more. Talk about CRAZY. I don't understand why somebody would do that, but he said it has happen, more than once. But overall, im getting around ok and I can only sleep no more than 2 hours at time so far.

post-204019-13813131251257_thumb.jpg

Congrats, Cmore!!

I thought the surgery hurt too, but the worst of it will be over by two weeks out. Take it easy, and try not to do too much. It's time to baby yourself!

I was told to walk as much as I can. Plus also, I've read about people having major gas after surgery. I havn't released any gas at all and I still fill very tight in my stomach. I haven't had any problems with drinking liquids. (apple juice and propell). Is this normal for some people?

It got pretty rough during the first week for me. Gas and pain. It passed quickly, though. At 3 weeks I feel great.

Hope your recovery is easy and fast.:)

Hi Cmore, congratulations on your banding! It sounds like you're doing absolutely fine, and you'll feel an improvement each day from here on out.

Why do you think it might be unusual for you not to be having a problem with liquids? Liquids are prescribed at this stage of the game, so YES, they should be easy to drink. Just take it slow and listen to your body, and if something hurts stop doing it.

Hope your recovery is smooth!! :)

Thanks for the support. On my Dr.'s list it's says if i'm not having problems drinking Clear Liquids after 3 days i can move into more different types of liquids. (besides CLEAR). I do feel little better today. I slept better last night. 2:00am-4:10am ZZZZZ, got up for 15 minutes and fell back to sleep 4:25am-8:45am. I'm still very sore, but i'm getting around better than before. Plus my cuts are not bleeding anymore. I'm hoping I can go back to work by sunday night.

Hi,

I was banded on June 30th, and they also placed my port in the mid-lower chest area. I swear it is almost right across from the band! I am doing pretty good and planning on going to work on Wednesday. It was pretty cool seeing it all during my xray the day after surgery. I am pretty tall, but I feel the port and band sitting there, or at least it feels like it. I am sure that feeling will go away in time.

Best of Luck to you!

Kathy

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches