Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Neenagh's Nutty Nattering

Good luck with your fill Loriely....so...r u still getting it despite being tight and getting the stuck feeling frequently?

Good luck with your fill Loriely....so...r u still getting it despite being tight and getting the stuck feeling frequently?
Yes they are gradually giving me a fill as the last time i had 2 defills. I am now at 4.5.Mr loriely was fine with his fill at 5 cc. On liquids for a day.We went to costco in Ajax afterwards. We started our X-mas shopping.:clap2: I was eating shreaddies everyday and these thinsation cookies.I quit eaten them and i felt better. I needed a fill as i was eating more everyday.

I think I will try the avoidance first - needles do bother me alot - I have been known to faint in the past. Pain doesn't bother me - but oh how I dread that needle! I'll ask for some Demerol or something to relax me too.

angel bear, I'm the same as you. Don't mind the pain, just don't want to see it. When I get bloodwork done I cannot watch, it dosent bother me at all as long as I don't see it. Same with the fill. Actually there barely no pain at all, they stretch the skin so tight you cannot feel it. Just don't look, the needle it a bit scary. Tell the doc to put a towel over your face or something. What helped me is I crossed my arm kinda over my boobs so I couldnt see over them. I could still see and talk to doc, but I couldnt see below his elbows. Now that I've had 2 fills, I do not plan to do that again, I'll probably even watch next time. Honestly, just don't look and you'll be fine!!

Well I went for my fill. he put in 1cc. I hated it, it was big needle, and I FELT IT! I can't tell if i have any more restriction yet.

But The best part was that he was really pleased with my weightloss so far, and said I was a star patient and his hero!!! :confused: I think im in lurve!

He also told me something I hadn't heard before...the fill isn't supposed to make u eat less, or pb or be uncomforatable, it's supposed to keep the food in your pouch longer so u feeling satisfied for longer. Soooo, he said how to tell when u need a fill, is when you start getting hungry sooner after youve eaten, you should stay satisfied for 3 -4 hours. if youre getting hungry faster than that, you need a fill!

Argh! I have to have my first fill this coming Tuesday! I need it. I have got my hunger back but I don't do needles very well.

I got my sister to hold my hand. Thank god they do it lying down. i'm scared spitless of needles, and i broke out in a cold sweat and got naseuos. Doc found this amusing and tryed to get me to look at it sticking out of lmy belly. I refused.

My fill last time was painful... BUT it's because of all the pushing and poking the nurse(s) had to do. I had the nastiest bruise ever.... black and blue. The needle isn't bad, it's the wiggling around with it in your stomach they (might) have to do, and that pushing to find your port. Maybe your port isn't as deep as mine, and that won't even be an issue.

My port is so close to the surface I can almost see it! I have no trouble feeling the thing at all. Sometimes this area feels kind of strange like it wants to ache but is too lazy to get around to it. Very weird....

Well I went for my fill. he put in 1cc. I hated it, it was big needle, and I FELT IT! I can't tell if i have any more restriction yet.

But The best part was that he was really pleased with my weightloss so far, and said I was a star patient and his hero!!! :)I think im in lurve!

He also told me something I hadn't heard before...the fill isn't supposed to make u eat less, or pb or be uncomforatable, it's supposed to keep the food in your pouch longer so u feeling satisfied for longer. Soooo, he said how to tell when u need a fill, is when you start getting hungry sooner after youve eaten, you should stay satisfied for 3 -4 hours. if youre getting hungry faster than that, you need a fill!

OK Neenagh, put your dukes up!!!:confused: :plane: :phone: :whip:

When you getting your fill did he talk about me!!!

I have my first fill on Tuesday at the TLBC. I'm nervous but I'm starved all the time. Thanks Neenagh for the info on your fill. I will be happy if I'm laying down - I don't do well with needles.

How is everyone doing?

Roxanne

My fill is done standing up; they couldn't do it lying down. Long story...most of you know it! LOL