Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can You Believe This? Another Reason I Can't Wait For The Sleeve!

Y'all are going to love love LOOOOOOOVE Life After Sleeve!!!! I'm not halfway through my weight loss yet but victories over these types of things are.... DELICIOUS!!!!!

I can't wait! :)

How frustrating =\

Just think how great it will be to step on next time and have no problems! I haven't flown for years because I'm worried about this kind of stuff. I cannot wait to board a plane with no worries!

I couldn't agree with you more. :)

I completely understand. I was traveling for work' date=' on my way back home. I had been furiously checking the seat assignments and someone was placed in the middle seat at the last minute. When I sat down, the woman next to me acted as if I had the plague. She huffed and puffed and made me feel completely uncomfortable. On the verge of tears, I went up to the flight attendant, explained what happened, and pleaded for her to change my seat. Thankfully, she was sympathetic and changed my seat. As I got off the plane, I couldn't help but hug her and say thank you for being compassionate.[/quote']

Thats so sad. People in this world can be so cruel. I can think of countless times people were cruel to me. Good luck to you in your journey .

This one is unbelievable!!! So' date=' I just came back from a business trip this week. Now... I've always been a big guy, but could always fit into airplane seats and wear the seat belts. It's always tight, but I can fit. Well, as i was bording a plane in Milwaukee to come back to California, this "crazy" lady :blink: scanning the boading passes had the nerve to ask me "Am I going to need another seat? :angry: Now...initially.... It did not register what she meant... I said no.. assuming she meant if I wanted to switch seats... but then she has to the audacity to ask "can you place the arm rest down". :angry: At this point I look at her with a death stare... and then she gets the hint and just shuts up. But wait there's more..... this lady was morbidly obese herself!!!!!!!!!!!!! She had to be no taller than 5 feet and and easily 400 lbs. Unbelievable!!!

I guess life is funny. I've flew countless times, and never had anything happen to me like this. However, I am a month out from getting sleeved, and this ridiculous lady makes some stupid comments. I guess life wanted to throw another final jab before I get my sleeve on Sept. 18th.

Ok.. I am done with my rant.

Peace and Blessings everyone[/quote']

Wow.. That's just not right..but wait..it's awesome when you can put down the arm rests because you damn well can..not because you are asked if you can! I did that recent ly on an airplane ride to Virginia. I was like Dooter.." take that..you're my airplane seat arm rest b**** now"!!!!!!!!!! Although Dooter goes to the airline bathroom..I just won't go in one period!!!

This one is unbelievable!!! So' date=' I just came back from a business trip this week. Now... I've always been a big guy, but could always fit into airplane seats and wear the seat belts. It's always tight, but I can fit. Well, as i was bording a plane in Milwaukee to come back to California, this "crazy" lady :blink: scanning the boading passes had the nerve to ask me "Am I going to need another seat? :angry: Now...initially.... It did not register what she meant... I said no.. assuming she meant if I wanted to switch seats... but then she has to the audacity to ask "can you place the arm rest down". :angry: At this point I look at her with a death stare... and then she gets the hint and just shuts up. But wait there's more..... this lady was morbidly obese herself!!!!!!!!!!!!! She had to be no taller than 5 feet and and easily 400 lbs. Unbelievable!!!

I guess life is funny. I've flew countless times, and never had anything happen to me like this. However, I am a month out from getting sleeved, and this ridiculous lady makes some stupid comments. I guess life wanted to throw another final jab before I get my sleeve on Sept. 18th.

Ok.. I am done with my rant.

Peace and Blessings everyone[/quote']

Unbelievable!

I was recently at an amusement park where they have a seat outside each ride so larger riders can make sure they fit without wasting time in line. My son wanted me to go on a roller-coaster with him, so I thought I had better check before we wasted our time in line. As I was walking up to a seat, a couple pushed in front of me with what appeared to be 8 children and they all proceeded to get into and play on the seat (as if it was the ride...lol) while we waited...and waited. I was a little miffed to say the least, but I didn't say anything (well, a little under my breath to my son...and some angry glares). But then I realized that I wasn't really angry with them. I was grateful that the park had that opportunity to check it out beforehand, and I also told myself...this is potentially the last time you're ever going to have to do this...and that made me feel so much better. I can't wait to not worry about these little things anymore.

One of my worst anxiety ridden fears is that someone will say something to me or the gate agent or flight attendant is going to take me out of line and tell me I need an extra seat. I've even had dreams about it.... it is one (of hundreds!) of the reasons I am doing this. I just don't want to live like this anymore.

My husband and I were having a heart to heart talk a few weeks ago. I had kept the gastric sleeve thing to myself until I made a decision. When I finally told him he was very apprehensive. He said it breaks his heart that I loathe myself. I've never been and never will be the fat girl/woman who accepts herself and moves on. It is not possible for me. Fat has stolen my life. So my husband said most everyone has something they carry with them that has broken them a little ( his father was an abusive alcoholic). I started crying and said, yes, but you don't have to go through life with a giant sign wrapped around your body telling the world what your weakness is.

Ok, not sure how I got off the actual subject here..... back to the subject - I dread flying - I am filled with utter terror that I will be humiliated in some way....

One of my worst anxiety ridden fears is that someone will say something to me or the gate agent or flight attendant is going to take me out of line and tell me I need an extra seat. I've even had dreams about it.... it is one (of hundreds!) of the reasons I am doing this. I just don't want to live like this anymore.

My husband and I were having a heart to heart talk a few weeks ago. I had kept the gastric sleeve thing to myself until I made a decision. When I finally told him he was very apprehensive. He said it breaks his heart that I loathe myself. I've never been and never will be the fat girl/woman who accepts herself and moves on. It is not possible for me. Fat has stolen my life. So my husband said most everyone has something they carry with them that has broken them a little ( his father was an abusive alcoholic). I started crying and said, yes, but you don't have to go through life with a giant sign wrapped around your body telling the world what your weakness is.

Ok, not sure how I got off the actual subject here..... back to the subject - I dread flying - I am filled with utter terror that I will be humiliated in some way....

I don't think you're off topic .... And I totally agree with you. We (obese individuals) have to live with everyone judging us based on what they see and we can not hide it. It truly is the last open form of discrimination that's allowed in this world. Cant wait for this to be over.

I was recently at an amusement park where they have a seat outside each ride so larger riders can make sure they fit without wasting time in line. My son wanted me to go on a roller-coaster with him, so I thought I had better check before we wasted our time in line. As I was walking up to a seat, a couple pushed in front of me with what appeared to be 8 children and they all proceeded to get into and play on the seat (as if it was the ride...lol) while we waited...and waited. I was a little miffed to say the least, but I didn't say anything (well, a little under my breath to my son...and some angry glares). But then I realized that I wasn't really angry with them. I was grateful that the park had that opportunity to check it out beforehand, and I also told myself...this is potentially the last time you're ever going to have to do this...and that made me feel so much better. I can't wait to not worry about these little things anymore.

I totally agree.

Wow.. That's just not right..but wait..it's awesome when you can put down the arm rests because you damn well can..not because you are asked if you can! I did that recent ly on an airplane ride to Virginia. I was like Dooter.." take that..you're my airplane seat arm rest b**** now"!!!!!!!!!! Although Dooter goes to the airline bathroom..I just won't go in one period!!!

Hilarious.... I couldn't agree more.

I think I've mentioned this on here before, but when I was flying back home after having surgery in Mexico, one of the airline reps had wheeled me up to the line where they check your ID before you get violated, sorry I mean scanned, to go your gate. The little heffa who was checking my ID said to me, "Wow, you've gained a lot of weight since this picture was taken." I wanted to slap her. There I was, just 3 days out from my surgery, and this little b***h was throwing my weight in my face while I'm sitting in a wheelchair. I get heated every time I think about it, because I really wish I had cussed her out, but I think they probably would have arrested me if I had.

I think I've mentioned this on here before, but when I was flying back home after having surgery in Mexico, one of the airline reps had wheeled me up to the line where they check your ID before you get violated, sorry I mean scanned, to go your gate. The little heffa who was checking my ID said to me, "Wow, you've gained a lot of weight since this picture was taken." I wanted to slap her. There I was, just 3 days out from my surgery, and this little b***h was throwing my weight in my face while I'm sitting in a wheelchair. I get heated every time I think about it, because I really wish I had cussed her out, but I think they probably would have arrested me if I had.

You just made me laugh, I'm sure unintentionally, with "the little heffa" ! I am stealing that term! :)

Congrats on 76lbs lost!!

this is very sad/embarrassing (msp)

i was in Kohl's' date=' asked a young girl at the register "where are womens i.e. blouses". she pointed me in the direction, then she said something like - oh and the plus sizes are. over there.

i was really hurt - i wanted to cry, i couldn't believe she said that :(

i know she was probably in her early 20's - if thats an excuse - i just wanted to die :(

better times are coming[/quote']

Coming from someone in her early twenties - that is NOT an excuse and NOT OK! That is so rude!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Wait till you lose weight & your co- workers & family start trying to "feed" you because you are thinner than them! All the heavy people you know will be so negative. I've lost 70lbs & in sharing that a co -worker said " I cheated ". I went OFF!

Wow, you've gained a lot of weight

ShoeLover

There are stupid, ignorant people all over the world. Unbelievable - unreal that she would make such a comment.

she also is supposedly representing her business/airline

my apologies for her behavior

your doing great on your weight loss

congrats

good luck

stay well