Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, last nite I had my food funeral with some friends. I will be starting my liquid diet for pre-op on Monday, and decided I'd like to go out with some friends, eat some good Mexican food...have way too many margaritas, and just soak it up while I can. Everyone wore black...and it was awesome. Definitely glad I did it. I'm going to truly miss food...but i'm not going to miss what it does to me. I won't miss this fat suit that i've been wearing for so long...it's for the birds. I'm probably going to have a mini-food funeral with my mom today...and then one last hoo-rah tomorrow. This is going to suck! But, it must be done.

I did the same thing last tues night. I am on my 4th day preop diet :( it definitely sucks but will be worth it in the end. It's funny you don't realize how much it changes your routine and habit to take food out of the equation.

Everyone wore black

Kim

great laugh. i think food funerals are wonderful many people (like me) have them - i had a few :D

then you regain your senses, and get back on the horse w/your pre-op or not, some docs don't require, and get excited for the best journey for the rest of your life. :)

there won't be anything you can't eat, in a very, very small quantity.

good luck on pending WLS

kathy

I hear ya - I know exactly how you feel! I am sure I will do the same thing. Some may say that is not necessarily the best thing to do but I personally say go for it - get it out of your system and on with a new life!

Good Luck to you.

Yeah, like likasulema said ...

I kinda did the same thing ... went to my favorite restaurants, ate my last meals ...

You know what, what I thought was a funeral actually is like seeing a controversial friend off on a trip for ... say ... 8 months. They're not dead. They come back. Only, when they do, you have a completely different respect for them and what your relationship was. It is up to you whether or not you allow them to control your life or whether you take the reins in the relationship.

I'm a year out and I can eat anything, but I don't. I have a new relationship with food now and I am not going to let it rule me anymore.

a food funeral, way to go, I like it. It is like a reincarnation of the fat suit into a bikini in the end

For a little encouragement to ya, I'd just like to say that, while your relationship with food DOES change, your love of good tasty food, doesn't have to. I am 2 months out now, and I have been able to find soooo many new wls friendly recipes that my family eats better now, than we ever did when I was pushing 400 pounds. Trust me, after you get past all of the sucky stages of the pre and post op diets, (it really does go by faster than you think) you really can still eat food that tastes amazing. Only now, instead of 2-3 plates of it, we get a small amount of yumminess and none of the feeling of 'I'm such a pig' after meals.

Good luck, enjoy your new life!

Thanks for the encouraging words everyone :) I'm gonna miss it! Right now I'm running around doing errands with my fiancé and this Texas heat in combination with my fat suit is rendering me useless

Just an update on this: Bought my supplies I'm going to need for my upcoming pre-op diet...Isopure Protein powder...vanilla flavored...absolutely awful. I literally cried after I drank it, because it was so awful. $50 down the drain. Pissed. I bought some Premier ready to drink shakes at Costco...I hope my doctor let's me drink this instead...it's at least tolerable. If they don't okay it, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Can't seem to wrap my head around drinking something so putrid...everyone cross your fingers for me.

Try Unjury powder (unjury.com) Also I got a few things (ahead of time) at BariatricChoice.com. So far I've tried the Bariewise fruity ade drink mix (15 gm Protein 0 sugar) the chicken Soup and chocolate shake. Pretty good (all things considered) so far. If the shake is too thick try blending with some additional ice cubes, that will thin it out and made it colder and possibility more palable. Good luck, I have 5 weeks and 6 days to go yet.

Yeah, don't buy too much of anything right yet, not only might you find you don't like it, but even if you do like it now,you might not after surgery.

Another shake to try is Chike. I only like their banana & their chocolate favors. But I do like those a lot. And their made in Texas.

Yeah' date=' like likasulema said ...

I kinda did the same thing ... went to my favorite restaurants, ate my last meals ...

You know what, what I thought was a funeral actually is like seeing a controversial friend off on a trip for ... say ... 8 months. They're not dead. They come back. Only, when they do, you have a completely different respect for them and what your relationship was. It is up to you whether or not you allow them to control your life or whether you take the reins in the relationship.

I'm a year out and I can eat anything, but I don't. I have a new relationship with food now and I am not going to let it rule me anymore.[/quote']

Wow. That's worth repeating!

Surgeon did not have me on pre-op diet. Just npo after midnight day before surgey. I did eat very light that day. Guess not all surgeons make their patients do the pre-op diet.

Sent from my iPad using VST

The only problem is.. They gave me choices of Isopure and Iso100 as my ONLY Protein choices...I mentioned Unjury and she said the reason they chose Isopure is because it has zero carbs zero sugar... Which equals death, apparently. She did look at my BMI and said since its lower than most pts if I really couldn't stand the Isopure I could use Unjury.., well I'd have to order that online and I kinda don't have time for that... So I bought some premier shakes from costco and their nutritional value is similar to Unjury so hopefully she's ok with that. *sigh*