Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I didn't tell many people about my surgery only close friends. Well today I posted a picture on my wall same one for here just stating "down 42 and many more to go" someone that I never really talk to HAD to write "hey boo glad your surgery went well xoxo" I know who told her and I texted her letting her know that's know she told this girl and that it was not something I wanted everyone to know especially on Facebook and messages the girl who commented telling her thanks but my surgery wasn't anyone's business which is the reason I put it online. It was something private for the people I chose to know" am I overreacting?? My husband thinks my friend is jealous because she also struggles with her weight and feels I took the "easy way out" as she put it. Please I need the feedback ....thanks all

No I don't think you over reacted! But your anger should be directed at the person that spilled the beans! The other lady just was wishing you luck it sounds like! However maybe the lady is not a nice person! But I surely wouldn't tell the bean spiller anything again

I'm sure she is jealous. When I had insurance that didn't cover VSG i found myself so jealous when friends would have it. Having had the surgery yesterday I can already say this far from the easy way out. AND and if we have a tool available to us why shouldn't we reach for it. God knows, I've struggled forever with my weight. I'm thankful for a second chance.

I too have kept it on the d/l on FB. Eventually it will come out and we always have critics. The best way to deal with them is to be a success and to remember they are human too.

Pfft, she is straight-up JEALOUS! You are on your way to looking good and she is too busy criticizing you, you know, with you taking "the easy way out" and all when she should focus on herself.

And you def did not overreact. This is a very personal thing and I would be mad if someone went about blurting my business on Facebook of all places.

Just do you. Don't even worry about it. Haters gonna hate ;)

Thanks all

Ak sleeved I told someone to both of them. The one wishing me good luck NEVER comments on anything I post. So honestly I think it was directed as a put down

Tia Noel one of my favorite things to say is "let them hate" lol. I needed to bicentennial and what better way than with people that understand what ur going through

Michele. I just didn't like that I am getting compliments and then it's like if I lost the weight with magic. What we are going through is really hard. Emotionally, physically and mentally. Thank you!!

Understood! I have people I work with that are back stabbing B******! They say stuff nice but it's not really nice!

Exactly like that!

When people give me a put-down wrapped in a compliment I give them one back:

"Thank you for noticing! Yes, I have lost a lot of weight and during the process I have discovered a lot of new, emotionally mature and understanding friends".

Facebook = place for people to b***h about people they wouldn't be in touch with in any other situation!!!

Tbh, mentioning your great weight loss would have piqued people's interest in good and bad ways... They would be curious how you lost it but jealous either way!

People were same bout my sister's implants!

Haters Gunnar Hate!

So far I have taken the path of only my husband and myself know about my surgery for this very reason. Our families live out of state so we haven't even told them. I just didn't feel like dealing with the haters. When I was deciding rather to tell a few friends, my husband cautioned me, if you tell some, more will find out. Just hoe people are, sad but true. Just move on and keep on losing....this too shall pass:)

nope i dont think u r overreacting! mine is a secret and i only told a select few. now if someone that i didnt tell knows about it, that would upset me! but at the sametime, now that im down over 100lbs, i am more open to talking about it but not to telling the world!!!

My brother-in-law takes every opportunity to tell folks my story when we are out together, especially in buffets where he is explaining to the food workers why a big guy like me takes such small portions. He starts with,"His stomach is the size of a small banana!"

You would have to know my brother-in-law,... heart of gold. I think he is really proud of the courage I exhibited by going through with it.

Not to minimize anything, but, cant you erase comments on Facebook?

See I think I did the best! Only I and my medical staff knows about my surgery, if someone asks me, I just tell them high protein/ low cal/ low carbs. My incision scars explanation: gallbladder surgery which is true. My doc actually used my old incision for my sleeve. I got no time for ppl hating and getting my blood pressure up.

Not to minimize anything' date=' but, cant you erase comments on Facebook?

[/quote']

I delete that comment quick lol but the people that commented before could see it. Oh well what done is done.