Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone From Buffalo, Ny Out There?

My in-laws live there so I'm there a lot. How has your experience been so far witb Synergy? I'm on the pre-op diet and can't till its over lol.

I loved the free nutrition class and was kind of bummed when he didn't end up being my surgeon only because I loved his personality!! I think the pharmacist is phenomenal and very nice. I feel very intimidated about the whole thing and that's pretty much a new feeling for me. Dr. Cavaretta is a nice man but very much to the point, didn't make wonderful eye contact and also seemed like he was reading out of a book. Of course with being nervous I couldn't think of questions. I had a hard time with Amanda being kind of snippy at first because I was trying to figure out why I was paying $150 instead of $90 for the two part class and follow up. Finally when I met with Ann-Marie I asked her about it and she said it was $90, I somehow was scheduled for 3 things with her in which I did not need. I really liked Ann- Marie also. She was very down to earth and realistic. The only thing that made me nervous with her is she takes these long pauses and with already being nervous I was thinking ok, am I supposed to say something here? Lol!!! I overall love them. They are very quick and on top of things. The worst part for me had been the psych eval which I did with a dr here and he was just very bizarre. I did look into other Protein Shakes and Vitamins because it seems like synergys are very expensive. I compared flinstone vitamins and they're almost the same as the Bariatric Fusion and there's a whey Protein from Walmart that actually carries some better things in it. How long is the liver reduction diet, 10 days? They did call and schedule me August 26th but that's my 1st day of college and felt that I should at least be giving my professors a heads up that I'll be missing a week. I'm also was worried that I am in a wedding sept 7th and post op with swelling I wouldn't fit. So she said they don't do the final schedule in advance. They fill it month to month so penciled me in for sept 16th. How has your experience been thus far? Do you have anyone close to you that has had wls?

I loved the free nutrition class and was kind of bummed when he didn't end up being my surgeon only because I loved his personality!! I think the pharmacist is phenomenal and very nice. I feel very intimidated about the whole thing and that's pretty much a new feeling for me. Dr. Cavaretta is a nice man but very much to the point' date=' didn't make wonderful eye contact and also seemed like he was reading out of a book. Of course with being nervous I couldn't think of questions. I had a hard time with Amanda being kind of snippy at first because I was trying to figure out why I was paying 150 instead of 90 for the two part class and follow up. Finally when I met with Ann-Marie I asked her about it and she said it was 90, I somehow was scheduled for 3 things with her in which I did not need. I really liked Ann- Marie also. She was very down to earth and realistic. The only thing that made me nervous with her is she takes these long pauses and with already being nervous I was thinking ok, am I supposed to say something here? Lol!!! I overall love them. They are very quick and on top of things. The worst part for me had been the psych eval which I did with a dr here and he was just very bizarre. I did look into other Protein shakes and Vitamins because it seems like synergys are very expensive. I compared flinstone Vitamins and they're almost the same as the bariatric fusion and there's a whey Protein from Walmart that actually carries some better things in it. How long is the liver reduction diet, 10 days? They did call and schedule me August 26th but that's my 1st day of college and felt that I should at least be giving my professors a heads up that I'll be missing a week. I'm also was worried that I am in a wedding sept 7th and post op with swelling I wouldn't fit. So she said they don't do the final schedule in advance. They fill it month to month so penciled me in for sept 16th. How has your experience been thus far? Do you have anyone close to you that has had wls?[/quote']

I liked the nurtion classes also and I agree with you about Ann -Marie and with the dr and no I don't ill be the first one in my family

I also had a good experience so far. I have Dr. Carauana and I'm happy about that. I liked all the seminars including the nutrition class and I agree with you on the price of the Protein powders there. After surgery I'm gonna look into getting a membership from Sams Club. There is a powder called premier and I heard it was good. The one thing I really dislike about Synergy is the fact that you need to leave messages and wait to be called back. I have 2 more days until my surgery and its starting to hit me "OMG!!! WTH was I thinking!?" Lol but I'm sure everything is going to be ok lol.

Oh and I have two friends who have wls one from there. She had a bypass done though. The other was through Dr. Phan and she had the sleeve. She's lost 30 lbs. In 3 weeks. The other friend has lost well over 100 lbs. In alittle over a year!

I was just thinking about how yours is soon!! When did you go for your last appt before surgery and how long was it!! The bipass scares the bejesus out of me. I don't think if that was my option that I could've gone through with it because its so thorough and so much is done. I'm so glad to have found people with the same doctors and fairly close surgery dates! Yay for your Friends and their weight loss! Dr caruana did my sister in laws sleeve. She's been a slow loser but looks fab.

I was just thinking about how yours is soon!! When did you go for your last appt before surgery and how long was it!! The bipass scares the bejesus out of me. I don't think if that was my option that I could've gone through with it because its so thorough and so much is done. I'm so glad to have found people with the same doctors and fairly close surgery dates! Yay for your Friends and their weight loss! Dr caruana did my sister in laws sleeve. She's been a slow loser but looks fab.

Yeah its getting close! And I'm getting so nervous!! I'm trying to stay busy so I don't focus on it lol. I only met with Dr. Carauana once and I never had a second appt. Before surgery. I went to a pre-op class for 2 hours 2 weeks ago. Yeah I did not want the bypass either mostly due to absorption issues. Have you got a date for surgery yet?

Sept 16th. I only met dr.cavaretta once to and my sister in law said the only time she seen dr. Caruana was before going into surgery and after and the one time in the office. That all post op is taken care of by the nurse. It seems so weird!! Also since I live so far away I did the free nutrition class, my surgeon appt, and my meeting with Ann-Marie. My follow up was on the phone. My psych eval and blood work I had here. I'll be heading up I'm guessing the 1st week of September for the final appt I'm guessing.

How slow? I too had my sleeve with Dr. Caruana and my weight loss is so sloooooow! I stopped losing since beginning of January.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Sept 16th. I only met dr.cavaretta once to and my sister in law said the only time she seen dr. Caruana was before going into surgery and after and the one time in the office. That all post op is taken care of by the nurse. It seems so weird!! Also since I live so far away I did the free nutrition class' date=' my surgeon appt, and my meeting with Ann-Marie. My follow up was on the phone. My psych eval and blood work I had here. I'll be heading up I'm guessing the 1st week of September for the final appt I'm guessing.[/quote']

I never had a second and final appt with dr. Carauana. It was very weird. They've got a strange system but it seems to work lol. I'm less than 24 hours away! I'm kinda in a nesting phase right now lol.

Yes, I agree. I have my one year at Synergy and I'm sure I'll walk out without seeing him. I'm not quite sure I feel ok about that.

Sent from my iPad using VST

I'm excited for you dawners!! My SIL had her surgery in January. She's down I think 60lb. Been stuck for a month. She's still slowly losing. I've heard great things about him. With Dr. Cavaretta he sounded like a recording, asked if there were any questions. I asked how long out of work. And then he walked out. I just figured that's how it goes there. I've heard lots of great things about the entire place and have had a pleasant experience so far. So I figured it was all my nerves feeling like it was short, sweet, and to the point.

Yes' date=' I agree. I have my one year at Synergy and I'm sure I'll walk out without seeing him. I'm not quite sure I feel ok about that.

Sent from my iPad using VST[/quote']

How was your surgery? I'm worried about how I will feel when I wake up! I hate the unknown. Its almost 6pm and then I have only Clear liquids. I wonder if I can still have a popsicle?? The day is going way too fast!!! :o

I'm excited for you dawners!! My SIL had her surgery in January. She's down I think 60lb. Been stuck for a month. She's still slowly losing. I've heard great things about him. With Dr. Cavaretta he sounded like a recording' date=' asked if there were any questions. I asked how long out of work. And then he walked out. I just figured that's how it goes there. I've heard lots of great things about the entire place and have had a pleasant experience so far. So I figured it was all my nerves feeling like it was short, sweet, and to the point.[/quote']

It is a great place but i know what you mean and I have had a good experience I hope you have a good experience also