Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Check In November 2012 Sleevers!

I love reading everyone's posts. You guys are great!

Friday' date=' my dr. office called and said my chesy xray showed shadows on my lungs. By Friday night I was coughing and tired. Leaving for a CT in a few minutes. Feeling so tired,[/quote']

GOOD LUCK Funzize. I hope everythings ok.

I love reading everyone's posts. You guys are great!

Friday, my dr. office called and said my chesy xray showed shadows on my lungs. By Friday night I was coughing and tired. Leaving for a CT in a few minutes. Feeling so tired,

We will be anxious to hear the results of your CT scan. I think it takes a few days. Best wishes with this.

I love the name thing Im gonna have to think of something...I was just wondering is anybody else here a smoker...I just decided to quit two days ago but actually started today. I have a patch on but my mind is thinking it needs it idk...However, if you are a smoker is it okay to use it up until surgery or do they not want you to have any nicotine in your system to include the patch or any kind of smoking gum?

Oh and welcome to all you newbies here, even though the sign says advance member Im just as new as you!!! Hope you guys stay in touch and let us know how your surgeries go!

Dr. Alvarez wants me to be quit 2 weeks prior to surgery but said that I could wear the patch during surgery as long as it wasn't on my abdomen.... not sure how other surgeons do things

Bukeye to rescue again I guess I will sent Alma an email and see what they think about the patch, to easy dont know why I didnt think of that...lol...I think its funny I come to you guys for answers before the people that are actually doing the surgery and coordinating everything...smh..

Glad I could help..... I'm always asking questions, sure my coordinator shakes her head at some of them lol.... never know til ya ask I always say

I've just had my pre op assessment and i should be sleeved in the next 2 weeks. I have 2 kids 6 and 9 and work as an individual needs assistant in a primary school. I live in England and have always struggled with my weight....although if i could have the body i had at 16 i'd be more than happy either it now. I can't wait to start over with a new stomach...i just wish i wasn't so hungry on the pre op diet.

I hear you! I get sleeved nov. 6th and am on day 6 of my pre-op liquid diet. My dr. Puts us on opti-fast for 2 weeks. Today I am starving!!! We just have to hang on for a few more days! We can do it!

Howdy Folks' date='

I am 1 week away from my surgery...November 6th! I am so dam excited and scared to death at the same time. I have lost 30 lbs since starting this journey in late July 2012. I have an excellent medical team just dont want any complications.......

I live in ST Clair Michigan, I work as a Certified Medical Assistant for the United States Coast Guard at Selfridge ANGB in Harrison Twp Mi.

I have 2 dogs, 1 crazy cat and a wonderful supportive husband.

My medical team has me on Clear Liquids and Protein One week prior to surgery...not so bad!

Good luck November sleeve siblings......I am naming my sleeve, my first choice is Sleevie Nicks or the Sleeve miller band, Sleevie Wonder, Hurricane Sleevie....I welcome any creative name ideas.

take care and PLEASE keep in touch.[/quote']

We're sleeve sisters. I get mine on the 6th too! Love your name choices. I think I'll name mine Peanut! God bless and best of luck :)

November 19th here. It's coming really quickly, and I'm so excited/nervous!

I love the name thing Im gonna have to think of something...I was just wondering is anybody else here a smoker...I just decided to quit two days ago but actually started today. I have a patch on but my mind is thinking it needs it idk...However' date=' if you are a smoker is it okay to use it up until surgery or do they not want you to have any nicotine in your system to include the patch or any kind of smoking gum?[/quote']

I smoke, but I quit 3 weeks ago, my surgeons office wants u to stop smoking at least 8 weeks before surgery.. I go in for surgery Nov17, .. its been a bumpy road due to I've been smoking for the last 15 year's... when.is it ok to smoke again? Cause I heard u can't smoke after surgery that is have to wait till my stomach was back to normal...I miss smoking..:(

I smoke, but I quit 3 weeks ago, my surgeons office wants u to stop smoking at least 8 weeks before surgery.. I go in for surgery Nov17, .. its been a bumpy road due to I've been smoking for the last 15 year's... when.is it ok to smoke again? Cause I heard u can't smoke after surgery that is have to wait till my stomach was back to normal...I miss smoking.. :(

Yeah I been smoking just as long as you have ma'am and its tuff I have this patch on but I still asked a lady for one...smh I know... However that was only one I was eating to stop thinkng about it and I got tired of that. I did good for 9 hours...Im going to do better today though no cig at all...I have to be two weeks smoke free but Im trying to stop now so I wont have to try to do it later at the last minute, also so I wont be trying to fight cravings after surgery... Who you telling about missing smoking I didnt think it would be this bad but lawwwwd have mercy! Best of luck on your surgery and smoking Im sure everything will turn out great!

my surgeon requires us to be smoke free 3 weeks before surgery which i have been slightly successful at doing. ive been using an e cigarette but it died, i havent bought a pack in almost a month which is great! i took a few drags the other night off my neighbor and my surg is 8 days away! ugggh so hard i want tto be cig free forever. he says after 3 weeks it is ok to smoke again but i dont plan on going back or picking up the habit again. day 2 of my liquid diet. we are required to be on it for 10 days i am doing good despite the headaches.

im in connecticut and i have my pre op clearance on thursday at 1pm! if we lose power im scared appointments will get backed up and ill be pushed into next week! i need this clearance and my surg is nov 6th! just praying mother nature stays on my side :)

I hear you! I get sleeved nov. 6th and am on day 6 of my pre-op liquid diet. My dr. Puts us on opti-fast for 2 weeks. Today I am starving!!! We just have to hang on for a few more days! We can do it!

The 6th wow i should get my date today...hopefully it'll be around the same time. Its so exciting. We can do it! And its so going to be worth it. looking forward to reading your journey. :-)

The 6th wow i should get my date today...hopefully it'll be around the same time. Its so exciting. We can do it! And its so going to be worth it. looking forward to reading your journey. :-)

Thank you!!! Work and daycare are closed because of the storm!!! I hope my appointment for Thursday isn't pushed back ahhhhh!!!!

Sent from my Samsung Admire using VST