Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wls To Cure Infertility?

Have any other women had problems with being over weight & fertility? We have a 6 year old but have never been able to concieve again :( We were trying clomid which resulted in a miscarriage..Any ladies find the sleeve to fix this problem!! I need hope!

That was one reason I went for this surgery. My daughter is 11yrs and I could never get pregnant after her. My period was very irregular. I used to go three months without one and have it stay two weeks. Than it will show a month later last four days and that's it for another three months or so. Since surgery I am regular. Can't really get pregnant yet since we are to wait at least 12-18 months. But I have a great feeling that I will get pregnant as soon I get the green light from my doctor. CAN'T WAIT!!

This is the reason I had the surgery too. I am only 8 days out, so I have a while to wait before I can try :)

I definitely wanna get to where I wanna be before I try.. and I definitely want my children.. at 230-250 I was trying back in 2009 consistantly with my ex to get pregnant and it didn't happen.. But it was good because he went to prison..

And the gentleman i'm talking to now & I don't use protection when we do.. and don't pull out.. And I still haven't gotten pregnant when I was off b/c. But i'm back on now.. and I'm waiting to have the ideal body for me.. and then it in my opinion will be easier to get to there.

Good Luck Ladies. God Bless.

That was one reason I went for this surgery. My daughter is 11yrs and I could never get pregnant after her. My period was very irregular. I used to go three months without one and have it stay two weeks. Than it will show a month later last four days and that's it for another three months or so. Since surgery I am regular. Can't really get pregnant yet since we are to wait at least 12-18 months. But I have a great feeling that I will get pregnant as soon I get the green light from my doctor. CAN'T WAIT!!

Im having the same with my periods now blehhhh

I find out my date for surgery the 9th :D

Goodluck ladies <3

This is one of the reasons i did it. Hopefully i will have good luck down the rd when i want to have kids. :)

That's one of my main reasons for My VGS... I hope after a year to 2 years I have a baby... We have tried plenty of times and have had unprotected sex for over 2 years but no miracles yet.. We have gone to my obgyn and she's told me to have surgery because at my weight there could b plenty of complications or even an unhealthy baby... So I hope this is the reason for not being able to get pregnant!! That would make me the happiest person ever!! But first I have to reach my goal 120-150 to shed!!

That's one of my main reasons for My VGS... I hope after a year to 2 years I have a baby... We have tried plenty of times and have had unprotected sex for over 2 years but no miracles yet.. We have gone to my obgyn and she's told me to have surgery because at my weight there could b plenty of complications or even an unhealthy baby... So I hope this is the reason for not being able to get pregnant!! That would make me the happiest person ever!! But first I have to reach my goal 120-150 to shed!!

That sounds similar to PCOS symptoms. Most women go un-diagnosed and it can be a big problem. I didn't have surgery for that reason, I had it because it was lose weight or replace my knee. But it did help with that. I'm 20 months out and starting fertility treatments as soon as hubby gets tested. My dr tried taking me off BC and giving it the good ol fashioned try, but it didn't work. So now I'm onto clomid. In my case it didn't cure the problem, but I have more hope and feel tons better.

I think I may hve something un diagnosed like that :/ how did they know it was Pcos? My doc wanted me to get a scope put up in my uterus to check everything out..but I wimped out. I dont wanna know if I cant ever conceive again :(

This is the reason that I am having surgery as well. My husband and I have been trying for over a year, and my doctor recommeded maybe having the sleeve because he has had many patients who get pregnant after WLS. You do have to weight 18 months to try after surgery per my doctor, but I will wait if that is what it takes to have a baby!

Hey ladies! Here's some HOPE for you!! I TTC for 7 years due to PCOS and was also very overweight. We adopted our beautiful son in 2007 and thought our family was complete. I had my VSG in 2010 and lost 140 lbs in 1 year. At a yearly physical, my OBGYN took me off birth control (taken to regulate my periods) because she realized I had a blood clotting factor and it could be very dangerous to continue on BC. We didn't do anything to prevent pregnancy because it hadn't happened in 7 years right? Well, 2 months later I was preggo! I gave birth 11 days ago to a beautiful, HEALTHY, 5lb, 4oz baby boy and we couldn't be happier! An unexpected blessing that I KNOW would not be here without my sleeve! In my opinion and experience, weight loss DEFINATELY increases fertility!! Good luck!!

I was diagnosed based on hormone levels and sonograms. It can be very dangerous if it isn't caught, I had to have biopsies for cancer checking. It doesn't mean you can't ever have another kid. I know 2 ladies that are due any day that have PCOS and were able to use fertility treatments to have em :)

Best of luck to all of you and I hope that weight loss will help increase your fertility.

Just one thing I wanted to add because of my personal experience, though!

If you AND your partner haven't had a full workup, do not let any doctor tell you (without running any tests on both of you) that your weight is the culprit in your infertility.

DH and I wasted years TTC being told the only issue was my weight. So as I tried diet after diet to lose weight (Nutrisystem once, Weight Watchers twice) and only shed thirty five pounds I was heartbroken and beating myself up for our inability to conceive. Three different GPs told me the issue was my weight, without bothering to run hormone panels or test my husband.

Well, we FINALLY got a sympathetic GP that tested both of us and lo and behold! The issue was my husband, poor guy. I could have lost 100 pounds and it wouldn't have made a lick of difference - we had to move straight to IVF w/ICSI.

So unless you're SURE it's PCOS related infertility (the way weight is usually culpable for infertility) or some other issue losing weight can resolve, be sure to get tested! Do not allow your medical professionals to discriminate against you based upon your size, and take the lazy way out.

That is all. :)

Best to all of you gals!

~Cheri