Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Long Do We Need To Continue Protein Shakes?

Forever? or just until we can get the numbers in with food?

I am down to one a day for Breakfast. cant eat that much to equal what I need for my Protein intake

I have never had a Protein Shake. I began eating with Fage Greek yogurt, which has 23 grams of Protein per cup and also counts as a Fluid and I added other Proteins. My nutritionist said to get all proteins from food as soon as possible and to definitely be off all protein supplements by six months.

I had them through the first 3 months. When I was on all foods I pretty much cut them out.

I do crossfit on Saturdays so I still have a muscle milk or a Protein fruit smoothie.

I would not depend on Protein Shots for all my daily Protein, they are high in soy protein which isn't as good as whey protein. whey is the best for WLS patients.

Yes I have heard that those shots are not all they are cracked up to be...meaning sources of Protein our bodies can't process. I might be the only one but I like the rtd Isopure alpine punch drinks. They have 160 calories and 40g of protein. If you don't like the sweet just cut it with Water. Taste like crystal light. :)

I only plan on using whey Protein and I have Isopure. Some flavors are ok. They are so expensive though. I am on preop diet right now. I cannot wait for this phase to be over do I can have a variety of flavors.

I am 15 months out and still drink a Protein Drink every day for breakfast. I am one of those weird people who actually enjoy my Protein drink. Also, my stomach doesn't do well with solids first thing in the morning.

I am sleeved two years an still drink my shakes for the protien an vit. I feel better when I do these day I feel I dehydrate not sure but just feel that way I don't drink enough I feel so I still drink them an yes dr will say not too but I see no reason they not hurt

today my NUT said that I should expect to drink the shake even 6 months after surgery, but after that try to get Protein from food as much as I can