Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lila's Lounge

I thought I would be bold and just start my own thread to ask all the questions I have and to talk about my journey to skinny.:clap2:

I was l.ooking at the brochure the clinic sent me and it said I need Isopure or Isopro for the first week after surgery. Where do you buy that?

I'm guessing you're with the TLBC? They just want you to be supplementing with some kind of Protein shake during the first week. Any kind of Protein Shake would be good. I'd say 15g at least, or more, per serving. You can find them at any health food store. :rolleyes:

I'm glad you got yourself a thread!

Mandi

I thought I would be bold and just start my own thread to ask all the questions I have and to talk about my journey to skinny.:clap2:

I was l.ooking at the brochure the clinic sent me and it said I need Isopure or Isopro for the first week after surgery. Where do you buy that?

You can go to a GNC store or go to GNC.com

Hello,

I just bought some Isopure from GNC. There are also several types of Protein drinks or unflavored Protein you can add to your food. From this site, you can really learn from everyone. I learned recently about powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury which is a protein product they have unflavored and you can add it to Soups, jellos, puddings, and make different drinks. I posted recipes from their site yesterday. Here are a couple sites I have ordered great bariatric products from:

http://www.unjury.com/index.shtml

http://dietdirect.com/

They both have very inexpensive shipping and you get your orders in just a couple days. I am 12 days to banding and have go on 10 days liquid Monday. I stocked up on lots of different items so I don't feel deprived and fall off the wagon.

Hope this helps!

Hey Lila, great thread........I'm so proud.

Actually you cannot get Isopure in Canada. Honestly we've all tried. Maybe if you go on there website you could order some, but it is only available in the states. The rest of us just used like Protein Shakes and stuff.

Congrats on starting your thread, Lila. Your question is a good one. I have been told to use either Isopro or Isopure, and I found one of them at GNC. I haven't bought or tried the stuff yet. Can anyone tell me what the stuff is like. I got banded on Thursday and so far I've been drinking apple juice and Water. I tried some beef broth but was grossed out.

I have all the info for the Unjury, and I'd really like to order some. I'm thinking I'd like to at the very least, drink a shake in the morning. Do you do anything special with the chocolate, Loriely? Or is it good enough 'as is'?

Hi Green, i did not like the bought beef broth either, the chicken flavor is not to bad. I made a pot of my own broth, i just threw away the vegetable's, chicken, or Soup bone's what ever i made it with, you have the goodness of the veg. in the flavor of the broth. Just an idea.

Maria:)

Hello everyone

Since I live in Northern Ontario, I have not been to the clinic and all the communication with the TLBC has been on the phone.

This must seem wierd, but living in the middle of nowhere it is quite the norm.

Again I was reading my brochure and my question is ... During the clear liquid stage can I have coffee? Maybe I should stop drinking it now .

I think it would be fine. I drank it, and have lived to tell!

I never saw the clinic I went to, or met anyone until the day before surgery... only phone conversations, too. I came from SK for surgery, so same thing for me.

Also... I made chicken noodle Soup (lipton), and removed the noodles, after surgery. It was very yummy! Well... the yummiest thing I'd had in weeks! One night we went out for sushi, and the only thing I could have was wonton Soup (minus all the goodies in it), but it was still ok. Something different at least!

I went on GNC web site and found the ingrediant list and nutritional values of Isopure.

I was so excited I cut and pasted on a message and then I posted it on the wrong thread so, I deleted it. I was so excited by my advance in the tech department!!:dance:

Anyway, I'd like to know...

What's your favorite protien drink?

Hi Argon.The Unjury chocolate is good with 1%milk or with milk and a little ice cream. It tastes like chocolate milk.When dh can eat solids i want to make some goodies that has Protein in it.Unjury gave us recipes to try.I also bought there weight loss surgery for dummies book. Green i bought can of chicken noodle Soup add 1 can of Water ,strained the noodles.