Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Lopez And Dr. Osana

Day 6 pre op diet. Good times bad times. I'm gonna make it thru this. Those last three days are gonna be tough. I can do it!

Anyone who has already experienced their surgery -- were there any "additional" costs you were not expecting?

Goodluck let me know how it go's I have mine sept 14th with Dr Lopez you will do good.

No additional cost. If you have someone going with you tell them to eat early if they intend on eating at the cafeteria that is in Mi Doctor...it closes early! A real good burrito place is just around the corner too. Sorry to those of ya'll on the pre-op and me talking about food....

If you haven't tried Premier Protein shakes, you might give it a try. Each one has 30 grams of Protein. That much protein tends to make you feel full longer. Ya'll hang in there....it is so worth it and it gets easier! I got sleeved by Dr. Lopez, in Tijuana, on August 27th.....down 20 pounds already and ya'll will love him and his wife, they are great!

My friend that is going with me asked about money. Should she bring travelers checks or is cash good enough? What about Walmart, will they take American money? I will be in Puerto Vallarta.

My friend that is going with me asked about money. Should she bring travelers checks or is cash good enough? What about Walmart' date=' will they take American money? I will be in Puerto Vallarta.[/quote']

Good question!!! I will also be having my surgery in Puerto Vallarta in a cpl months and would like to know the same thing.

My surgery is scheduled for Nov.16 in Puerta Vallarta. Just booked my flight and I am soooo excited!

My surgery is scheduled for Nov.16 in Puerta Vallarta. Just booked my flight and I am soooo excited!

It will seem like it will take FOREVER to get here. I scheduled my surgery for 9/21 on 8/2 and time has going by so slow.....

I know you're excited..

Well I had to schedule mine in Jan in order to have time to save the money and cause I already had time scheduled at work to be off for most of Jan.......So Jan 17 2013 will be my new beginning in Puerto Vallarta with Dr. Lopez. I am so excited and anxious and it can't get here soon enough!!!!!!

No additional cost.

Aprilsolea can you give us a run down of your experience and would love to hear how your doing now....how were the facilities in Puerto Vallarta? How was the trip home?

Hello all, my surgery has finally been approved for Oct. 8th in Tijauna with Dr. Lopez. !!!! I am sooo ready and excited to start my new life. It took an agonizing 3 additional weeks to be approved because Dr. Lopez wanted me to get an echocardiogram, due to a previous heart attack. I'm glad he's taking precautions with my health, it was just a frustrating process with my cardiologist here in the states.

Thanks to everyone here for their posts. I've been lurking for several months gathering information and thanks to everyones input I believe that I made the right choice in Dr.'s for me.

Is there anyone out there having surgery October 8th?

Sherri297, Good luck, you will do fine. My surgery is FRIDAY!! I'm super excited. When I get back on the 25, I will tell you all about my surgery. Plus you can follow my journey on Youtube, VSGJean.

I hear a lot of talk about a drain. How does Dr Lopez do it? Will we have drains at all? If so, for how long?

The drain is put in at surgery. I was sleeved August 27th, a Monday, and Dr. Lopez took my drain out on Thursday evening. It did not hurt, just felt "foreign". You will be glad to finally get it out.