Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

help did dumb thing

Ok i am totally paranoid and freaked out.

I corresponded w a guy from one of thoses online dating sites

I was looking for a 'friends only'deal but then things got out of hand quick before i could think of the consequences of doing this from work.

Ok so i reeled it in and unsubcribed but now this is my problem:

I have microsoft outlook.we were not chatting through the datind site.

I deleted the e-mails but if i go to tools i can 'recover'the permanatley deleted stuff.

Is there a way to erase my messages so there is no record?

Or do i have to live with the fact that my employer could at any time open this stuff and see these messages if they choose?

Lesson SOOOOO learned.

help please!

So...i figured out how to purge the permantly deleted folder.

When i go to the retrieve deleted item there is nothing.There is no record anywhere of those emails.I don' know much about computers so could anyone tell me if my employer could still find those somehow?

Thanks

Oh, Chantal!!! :D:( :(

I am so sorry this happened.

Highlight the deleted items icon (the trash can). Under tools, select "Empty Deleted Items Folder". Say yes to the empty confirmation. Then under tools, select the "Recover Deleted Items". You will see the list. Select the first one, and then holding down the shift key, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the list and click on the last item. Everything should be highlighted now. Click on the red "X" at the top of the window. You will be asked if you want to purge the items permanently - say yes, and they should be gone.

It is not out of the question that your employer has some sort of programs running in the background on your system that captures everything you do. I think most employers don't, but there is software out there that would let them do that kind of "spying". So although this will remove the obvious evidence, you are not necessarily 100% in the clear, but this is the best you can do at the moment, that I'm aware.

:(

Thanks it worked as far as the purge thing goes.There is no record of any of the emails anywhere that i can find.

Geez i promise myself to not do anything dumb like that again!!!

I love my job and would be totally lost without it!I don't know what i was thinking...wasn't thinking that's the problem!!

Oh well it was a mistake and if it comes to light i am prepared to acccept the consequences.

just hope it all vanishes into the background!!:D