Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am having surgery Oct. 9th no matter what the insurance company says

I have decided to go ahead and have the surgery. I have had the psych exam and consult all my papers sent to the insurance company. I have been waiting about a wk if I am not approved I will appeal twice but after that I am taking out a loan. The surgery would be 14,000 self pay in Nashville,TN so I will do it.

I need this tool to change my life,because I have been on diet pills for the last 3 yrs I would lose 70 lbs gain 90 back but they have trapped me. If I go off of them for a wk or more I gain weight like crazy the thing that ticks me about the diet pills is it has been doc supervised and he let this happen.I feel let down because he told me at my last visit I need lapband because my body will gain weight w/o the pills. I hope I can stop anyone else from falling into the diet pill trap because only 4% keep it off for a 5 year time I don't like that result at all... On a happier note I am so excited about lapband it is the answer to the obesity prayer I really believe this thanks everyone for posting on here as it has really help me decide lapband is for me ....:clap2:

Good for you! Welcome to LapBandTalk! There are usually groups for people banded the same month. No one has started one for October yet as far as I can see. Though I am sure there are a lot of people on here getting banded same month as you - you could always start a new thread for October bandsters! Lots of great info and support here on the forums, if you haven't allready search out the FAQ threads for loads of helpful info.

XO

Leila

Welcome! Have you checked out Dr. Ortiz in Mexico? He is a much more economical option for self-pay patients. I am self pay, myself. If I could do it all over again, I would go to Dr. Ortiz and save $5,000+. I was banded in August and out of 35-40 bandsters in August, it seemed like 20% of them went to Dr. Ortiz. All of them came back very, very happy. The August thread is August Band Crew if you want to see their comments.

Good luck and welcome to the board. Another helpful feature is the "Search" option on the blue navigation bar. I feel like I have barely read 3% of the information here. The search option has been very helpful to me in finding information on a specific subject pretty quickly.

I went to Dr. Ortiz and am very happy with that choice - he has a book you can buy - lapband for life through his website obesitycontrolcenter.com or thru Amazon i believe. One thing about going to mexico is you will not have as much aftercare as some stateside docs offer - granted he has a website for patients and patient care coordinators you can call (and he gives you his phone number and associates cell phone numbers) so its not like he isn't accessible. Its just no local support groups, weigh ins, regular contact, - i get that here and i'm not knocking him - again, i think he is beyond wonderful - just consider what your needs might be after surgery re: fills, etc. Congrats and good luck to you!

Its just no local support groups, weigh ins, regular contact, - i get that here and i'm not knocking him - again, i think he is beyond wonderful - just consider what your needs might be after surgery re: fills, etc. Congrats and good luck to you!

Ah, I didn't think of that myself. Very true, its all about what your needs are bkwalling. If aftercare is very important to be with the same surgeon then maybe not such a good idea, but if saving money is a consideration......

thanks for the great advice..I didn't realize their was even a search place on here that will help me alot with my research

thanks all who posted still waiting for a answer from the insurance giants

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches