Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

news about Lisa (Delarla)

SOOOOOOOO glad to hear that Lisa is on her way home! I was really worried and look forward to hearing all about her adventure!

Darcy

Praise the Lord! I read all 10 pages of Lisa's original thread -- it was so intriguing and scary -- but she kept a sense of humor which can get us through the worst of times.

I'll tell you what -- her experience makes all my bitching and moaning about gas and reflux and slippage and whatever else seem insignificant -- in the big picture. It's a good reminder that, while I've had some challenges along the road, I should have lots of gratitude that my problems haven't been so severe and that my surgery and immediate recovery went so well.

So glad she's on the road back to being a healthy bandster.

Gratefully,

Elizabeth

8-28-03

Hey Francesca -

The meeting location changes each month. The July meeting will be on the 11th at 1pm at Bonnie's (have no info on where that is yet - usually comes out about a week before meeting time).

I will try to post the info in the CA San Diego thread, and those interested in attending can email me for details, or join the San Diego Bandster group through Yahoo!

And don't feel bad about missing Lisa this time around - we spent maybe 30 minutes together, and then she was off. That girl is on fast forward!!! I told her we were going to have to take away her speed prescription. :)

Penni - congrats on your recovery. I still am finding it hard to believe all that redness and swelling was from irritation, but am so glad that's all it was! Whew!

Alex, we're going to have to get you down here, girl! And yes, there was a LOT of laughing... lol :)

Her port was "fixed" not removed? I'm sure she'll fill us in on the details. Thanks for letting us know shes on her way home.:)

Vera,

yes Lisa's port was removed, the Dr. is going to put it back in 3 months.. I am sure she will tell all when she gets home.

thanks Donali for the info, I will try and find the yahoo site,

:)

I haven't cried since my port was removed, and I had this long "I'm back" story for you guys... but I'm a wreck now (a happy wreck) because I can't even see through the tears cause I'm feeling the love! There are no words to describe how touched I am at all these posts, e-mails, phone calls and private messages. I have so much to tell you, but hubby is dying for some attention and can't understand why I logged on here first before even kissing him hello. OOPS. This was so cool to come home to. Big-fat-happiness.

I was filled, then band removed under a local anesthesia. I completely freaked beforehand but Dr. Kuri said, "you want a pill Honey." YES PLEASE. Then he said, "how about a shot, you want a shot instead, Honey?" YES, hurry please!

So I went from nearly fainting from fear, to cracking jokes and offering to assist with my surgery during the procedure, which took less than 45 minutes from the time I walked in the hospital. The receptionist is a Nun, a Sister of God, and she knew my name and was waiting for me when I arrived. Not the prettiest place, but Dr. Kuri and the female surgeon that assisted and stitched me up were impressive. What is her name? I adore her.

Donali, awesome meeting you, and thanks for not calling 911 and having me & Babs put away in the looney bin. We were physical, mental and emotional car-wrecks after our adventure. I looked like my dogs' shredded rag doll after a few rounds of tug-of-war, and my heart was still racing and my hands shaking from our "border incident." Will tell you guys all as soon as hubby stops humping my leg!

Welcome back to me! So good...., so, so, so very good good to be home. And then some!

xoxox

Frannypants, I missed you terribly. Babs and I had a rough time at the border, so by the time they let us through, she friggen ran me across to the US side as I begged her to slow down. She weighs about 90 pounds but even carried all our luggage just to get us to safety. We were both panting and exhausted and freaked out and then missed the freeway entrance. I even told Babs how bad I wanted to see you... sniff sniff. We had our sugery together... we're band-bonded silly!

I regret my meeting with Ms. Don was so short and intense. Seriously, the whole Mexico experience had a permanent tape of "there's no place like home, there's no place like home" running through my head. After we got to the US side the tape finally flipped to "On the Road Again." Babs and I were exhausted. Donali, wouldn't it figure the first time I'm actually sleeping I get 2 calls? Chris called me an hour before you did! Yes, I'm normally up at that hour, but you try spending a weekend with that wild woman! Now I truly regret not going straight to my hotel room after the procedure instead of shopping, and because I'm so brilliant, partaking in beverages of the alcoholic nature. Dr. Kuri should have put me in a straight jacket till the good drugs wore off. But I couldn't help myself cuz I felt so damn good. Not only was that alien out of my body, but I likey mucho the shot. I hope I didn't screw myself up.

Don't let Donali fool you guys either. Just cuz DeLarla wasn't pole dancing doesn't mean she wasn't tormenting Tijunana.... if you only knew! Uh, Donali, you forgot to tell them about the mariachis. Yes, I can now play the first several bars of Cielito Lindo en la guitar! After Lisa's surgery was over, DeLarla took over and by midnight was singing Mexican love songs at the top of her lungs at La Rocak, the bar across the street from the hospital. Sing with me... La cucarocha, la cucarocha, ya no puedo caminar....

DeLarla managed to con the guitarist to hand over the guitar and show her a couple things. Babs and I are both engaged to other men. About 4 each, so don't let Donali worry you that D's gone dull.

Damn, how can I have a fever? Maybe I should just dial 911 already and demand a few R & R days in my local hospital, just for sport!

Love, Fartypants.

Lisa, I am so glad that it went well for you, I've been worried ever since I read about the problems you were having. I'll keep you in my prayers, like so many others. Take it easy girl, and get well! Denise

Donali, take notice to the time I'm posting this... 2:30 a.m., which does not mean I'm ever, ever up at this hour (laugh here.) Yes, our friend, Susan, recalled many moons ago that we told her if she ever plans on driving drunk to please call us instead. At 1:44 a.m. she called falling-down-drunk, crying, blubbering "Lisa, appreciate your husband cause he loves you" 23 times. So Chris went to get her and she asked me to stay on the line till he got there. I had to laugh cuz I may partake in beverages of the alcohol persuasion from time to time, but I haven't been that drunk in years and remember the humiliating morning after. Poor Suzy.

So here I am, getting in a quick post in the middle of the night, slurping on a lil Koolaid Jello... full from 1/4 cup. My fever is got to 100.9 but is down to 99.1. Not feeling too shabby considering I was waken up. Sore boo boo but feeling pretty good for 2am.

Hubby home & thinks we should take advantage of one of Vegas's cheap 99cent Breakfast right now and nickles for the mamma! He calls me NickleFoFickle or Gambalina. Hell, my TJ adventure is beging extended, why not? So I'll see you guys at some other weird hour. Peace, babies!

DeLarla, really, you gotta stop doing the speed! You're scaring me, girl!! :)

I'm up this early on a Sat a.m. to get ready for my own TJ adventure, but am CERTAIN it will not be even 1/100000000th as interesting as yours. And that's a good thing... ;)

And just for clarification (Lisa, I'm sure you won't mind), Dr. Kuri removed Lisa's PORT - not her band, as she wrote it earlier. Her port will be reinserted at a later date.

So glad that fill is working for ya - sounds like it'll hold you for a while!

HUGS and KISSES, everyone -

Gotta hit the road.....:)

Good luck, Donali!! Here's wishing that everything works out beautifully for you and you're back with us before we have time to miss you. :)

Donali, I miss not seeing your face already. I could have visited with you for hours. Too bad I didn't go to TJ for a simple fill, cause then I could have seen Madam, Francesca, and you all in the same trip.

Meeting Donali was one of those weird little coinkydinks. Babs was driving like a bat out of hell to get away from the Mexican border once we finally made it through, but she was starving to death. She'd been looking for a fast food joint at every turnoff. Just then I phoned Donali to tell her we finally got past the border and asked Don where a fast food joint was. It was a coincidence that Donali's exit was just a few exits away, so by the time we got off the freeway, she was already waiting for us at Carl's Jr. It was meant to be, and that's why we were able to meet - just cuz Babs was hungry. But I was frazzled and looked like death, wearing something scrappy, hair wadded in a rubber band, smelling like TJ. Clothing options were extremely difficult for me. I dressed like I lived in TJ because I wanted comfort and nothing I own was working. I didn't want anything touching me or my skin.

Hurry back healthy Donali. What a shame that Dr. Lopez neglected me because I hold him personally responsible for me not getting to be with you in TJ, and for me not getting to see my banded-bond-buddy, Francesa, and for not getting some free decaff off Madame! Please scuze spelling & writing... waiting for antibiotics to settle to get some sleepy... yanking phone outta wall first!