Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Me Not So Horny......

Since surgery three months ago my husband and I have only had sex two times... Before surgery my sex drive was minimal and it hasn't changed since surgery... Last night was even his birthday and he didn't get any...lol

Since surgery three months ago my husband and I have only had sex two times... Before surgery my sex drive was minimal and it hasn't changed since surgery... Last night was even his birthday and he didn't get any...lol

That is just so wrong!

Hahaha. I know...poor guy!

Kmbrlycool, ok now I'm gonna need you to make up for yesterday, lol

I'm four months out yesterday and has had a low sex drive for about 3 years. After losing almost 70 lbs post op and still no increase in my drive even after following a million tips and trickes for years I went to see my GP. He ordered all kinds of hormone levels and turns out that has been the problem. We haven't fully decided on how to treat it since I want to discuss my options with my husband but my GP said that would explain the fact that I had a hard time getting pregnant.

I'm 8 months post-op and STILL have no sex drive. I LOOK GREAT, I FEEL GREAT, I EXERCISE REGULARLY, but my LIBIDO seems BROKEN. I am only 36 years old, and I had a VERY HEALTHY sex drive before surgery, and reaching "O's" was never a problem ...now tis the opposite.

Parkers Dad, sometimes birth control isn't the answer. . . for example, I am not on birth control at all. . .don't need too. . I've always hated sex ever since I can remember. . for me it's a total waste of time. . . but then that is just me. . . .don't understand folks who just "want to do it" all the time. . . i'd rather pick weeds. . . .lol !!! Just my 2 cents

I kinda feel the same, now it seems harder to get to the O. Still getting there usually ...just not as easy :( I also had read all the post about how they turned into sex maniacs and thought BOY we're in trouble bc I was before LOL. But I do think I'm going to do the saliva hormone testing, been thinking about that for awhile just need to make time to do it at my local pharmacy who performs the test. I fugure my body's went thru some major changes pretty fast so maybe it will all level out SOOONNN!!!

Goodness, mine is in overdrive. A couple of years ago, when I had none, it did turn out to be a hormonal thing. I have been living with a wonderful man for a couple of years now, and we can't get enough of each other. Because of the type of work we do, we are pretty much together all the time. So, we are constantly touching, giving each other hugs, special looks, etc. I think that helps keep the ol libido revved up. Even when I worked at a different job and we didn't see much of each other during the day, there were the frequent sweet, loving, and sexy text messages that had us raring to go by the time we got home at night.

Sent from my iPad using VST

You know I was really scared coz I thought I lost my mojo after surgery (July 11th) coz my sex drive took a serious nosedive. But today I got my nails and hair done and I feel kinda naughty!! Yay! I think my mojo is back. Thank God for B.O.B

Parkers Dad, sometimes birth control isn't the answer. . . for example, I am not on birth control at all. . .don't need too. . I've always hated sex ever since I can remember. . for me it's a total waste of time. . . but then that is just me. . . .don't understand folks who just "want to do it" all the time. . . i'd rather pick weeds. . . .lol !!! Just my 2 cents

I understand. I was just saying that it may.... without knowing exactly what someone is or is not taking. Just saying. Just giving my $.02 and take it for what it's worth. Everyone is different.

I would much rather be doing stuff lol than picking weeds... I think it's important to look at things that affect your partner as well. If not it may/may not lead to other issues. Think about it as important to them even if it's not to you. Not judging or being an ass, just saying.

Probably should have never even commented on this one...

Lesson learned.

I appreciate the input from a male perspective. Esp on the ladies room walls. :) you made all valid points regarding the birth control. I am on the Nuvaring and I have the same problems as everyone else on here. I am going to stay on it now that I am post op and see if anything changes, but if not, I am getting off of it. It sucks not wanting to be with your partner for no good reason. :) thanks for the input.

Well, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who has seen a decline in drive after surgery. My hubby and I are still pretty active because I like the closeness and making him happy, but it takes FOREVER for me to get there. Prior to surgery I was content with a quikie. Lol! Now, I could probably log it into my fitness pal- it takes forever. Sigh. Oddly, I'm enjoying the feel after a good run- its not an OMG moment, but my body feels great. I'm hoping the drive and ease of getting there comes back soon, otherwise I might need to talk to the doc.

Thanks all, I guess I don't feel so "off" now.

I wish mine would drop some. I've always had a very healthy appetite. Stronger than my husband's lol. In fact 90% of our arguments are about me wanting more "attention". So I'm at 3 months. Hoping for a dip.

Same here mine has always been strong and we have argued over it too bc I am an everyday kind of girl and my hubs is more 2-3 times a week. I am pre op and if I have a dip we might be even for once lol:)