Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So Many Views. So Few Comments?

This board has great potential. So many people pass through, but so few comment? Forgive me for trying to set the stage, but it's all right here...

As you browse through the recovery topics on the "12 Step" board, please take a moment to talk about your day, your abstinence, HP, your challenges, 12 Step solutions, your Experience, Strength and Hope! Let's share a power that is right under our noses to deal with our own, and share in helping others with, food addiction... {:>} rd

Not sure what to say on this topic so I thought Id share my day. Woke up this morning to a 3 # loss after a week no weightloss at all. Had to come home early today due to light headed, blacking out and heart pounding. I'm 4 weeks out and have no idea what I'm doing as far as eating right and enough. I think I get my liquid in but food is a scary subject. Not eating would be a breeze for me but obviously not an option. So, today is a struggle. Hopeful tomorrow will be better.

Just for today I will NOT be Obsessed with the Scale! :wub: ...........

P.S~ I'm on the waiting list about 3-4 months out from my surgery date~

You asked for it. I'm pissed off today because I was told my case was submitted to insurance last week, to find out that it hasn't left the coordinator's desk. No one wants to hear a whiney baby, though. Sorry.

I had a guest staying with me for the last two weeks while we celebrated our birthdays as well as the 4th of July during that period. I ate out more than I usually would, as well as having guests over, cooking and keeping food in the house for my guest and my family. My weight fluctuated up and down about 1-2 pounds over this period. I am glad I didn't gain big time, and tonight I am cleaning out my fridge and cupboards and stopping at the market to resupply with my healthy, high Protein, low carb food choices so that I can really get back to business.

It was great partying and all...but it feels great to get back on track!!!!

I'm six weeks out and have been in a stall for 2 1/2 weeks. the inches are coming off but the scale isn't moving. Do I need a new scale?

I'm six weeks out and have been in a stall for 2 1/2 weeks. the inches are coming off but the scale isn't moving. Do I need a new scale?

Nope! If the inches are coming off, you need to put the scale away for a while. The numbers on the scale are only part of your story. Do you feel more energetic? Clothes fitting more loosely? Better endurace/stamina? Have you started doing some exercise (even just walking is great!).

The scale can be a thorn in our sides, especially during the famous "stalls" (often at 3 week, but sometime later in the early days).

Let your tape measure give you some feedback, but mostly, just "keep on, keeping on". It takes time for our bodies to adjust to everything that's going on.

I had been stalling for 2 weeks at a time then dropping 2-3 pounds then stalling. I try to track but I just can't get in the habit of it. I found that if I concentrate on getting pure Water in I lose more quickly. So I haven't been tracking carbs or Protein just water intake and dropped 5 pounds in a week. Could be a fluke but I'll take it!!!

Great idea for a post. I am going thru some family issues right now. My dad is dying but we had a great visit last weekend and he is at peace ( as much as he can be) I broke my 2 week stall, only 1 lb but a loss is a loss. The weather is nice here in Northern Ca, high 70's, abnormally cool but it could be over 100 so I am not complaining. Keep up the fantastic work everyone,we CAN do this!

Wow what a great response. I really need a place to whine and crow, knowing that I will be accepted either way. And then there are days when I just claim my place (chair) in the community of recovering food addicts who are lucky (crazy) enough to have the tool of WLS!

I am three pounds on the right side of the scale today, as a result of my "Midsummer Reboot!" Thanks to my HP and nature when this happens! {:>} rd

Nope! If the inches are coming off, you need to put the scale away for a while. The numbers on the scale are only part of your story. Do you feel more energetic? Clothes fitting more loosely? Better endurace/stamina? Have you started doing some exercise (even just walking is great!).

The scale can be a thorn in our sides, especially during the famous "stalls" (often at 3 week, but sometime later in the early days).

Let your tape measure give you some feedback, but mostly, just "keep on, keeping on". It takes time for our bodies to adjust to everything that's going on.

thank you, I've been walking a mile every day. can't do more than that due to back injury. It gets frustrating at times

Wow what a great response. I really need a place to whine and crow, knowing that I will be accepted either way. And then there are days when I just claim my place (chair) in the community of recovering food addicts who are lucky (crazy) enough to have the tool of WLS!

I am three pounds on the right side of the scale today, as a result of my "Midsummer Reboot!" Thanks to my HP and nature when this happens! {:>} rd

Ricky.... for sure, it is nice to have a place to just talk about whatever is on your mind rather than asking a specific question you need help with...it can tend to be very subject (thread) based dialogue. But just chatting between WLS friends means alot and that is the building of the community!!

How are you doing on your journey??

Katie

I have discovered that Maintenance is not like retirement! If anything I have to eat cleaner, and exercise more than before.

This board has great potential. So many people pass through, but so few comment? Forgive me for trying to set the stage, but it's all right here...

As you browse through the recovery topics on the "12 Step" board, please take a moment to talk about your day, your abstinence, HP, your challenges, 12 Step solutions, your Experience, Strength and Hope! Let's share a power that is right under our noses to deal with our own, and share in helping others with, food addiction... {:>} rd

My blabber mouth is all over the place! ;) Sometimes I think I should shut up and let other people talk. LOL

My blabber mouth is all over the place! ;) Sometimes I think I should shut up and let other people talk. LOL

Blabber On! lol