Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Infecting threads

As someone who is new and doesn't understand what "infecting threads" or "going off topic" means, wouldn't the kind thing have been for someone to PM me that this is not appropriate instead of attacking me.

Yes, I am my Mom's daughter, but I am not my Mom. I don't even have a band yet.

I may have intervened in the wrong place because of the fact that I run a forum that is about one subject and that is horseracing. There is no such thing as going "off topic".

People that are kind take the time to explain this shouldn't be done. They just don't jump on you immediately and say you "infected a thread". It seems that is the kind of behavior that causes more problems then my posting wrong on a thread.

I have indeed gone back and deleted the offending thread or off topic thread, but I feel this could have been handled differently.

Thanks for your time.

How odd! I just looked through your posts (24 of them) and not ONE is about your looking into the band for you. But if info on the band is why you're at a band website, here's a good place to visit:

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Bandsters/

I said in my first post I was looking into getting the band.

Thanks for the link. It is much appreciated. I also have been reading everything on here related to the band for hours every night for the last few days.

Brooklynn

Like I said obesity seems to cause cruelty in some people. You are a shining example of that. You must be very proud of yourself :)

WOW! The fruit doesn't fall far from the tree, does it?

Brooklynn - I understand you are considering the band and have read a great deal of posts on this site. I also understand that you are here to "represent or support your mother" who is Dody.

Maybe just hold off on posting for a while until you get the "vibe" of LBT. It does come across in your posts like you are here to stir the pot in a passive agressive way. Whether you mean to or not, it is how you come across. That is why I think if you are true in your intentions that you just sit back for a while and let the dust settle.

More people were affected by the recent drama than the few who were banned or allegedly attacked. It has been a serious buzz kill for the entire board but most of us are trying to move forward.

I have kept my mouth shut since all of this began and I hope to remain silent, but I thought you should be aware of how you come across.

Like I said obesity seems to cause cruelty in some people. You are a shining example of that. You must be very proud of yourself :welldoneclap:

Very nice!!! What a lovely thing to say. But what should I expect from a self proclaimed "lover, not a fighter".

It does come across in your posts like you are here to stir the pot in a passive agressive way.

I'd much rather lick the pot than stir it. Could that be why I needed a band in the first place?

I'd much rather lick the pot than stir it. Could that be why I needed a band in the first place?

mmmmmm. Cake batter bowls.....

I was wondering why the poster Brooklyn was posting about some argument I know nothing about in poor Steve Irwin's memorial thread. It ticked me off and you all know it's hard to tick me off, but I mean really, have some sensitivity and tact, not everyone is following or cares about the arguments here. It's. not. all. about. you.

Even if your angry, please be considerate of others that have nothing to do with whatever is going on.

It's. not. all. about. you.

Even if your angry, please be considerate of others that have nothing to do with whatever is going on.

Amen! I am new and have no idea who these people are that got banned or why they are even mad. I read a few posts and to be honest I couldn't make out why people were upset in the first place.

I have been on message boards long enough, (and just life experiences in general) that when someone blatently disagrees with you in a provoking hostile manner, they are just trying to bait you and bring you down to their level. Something I have been teaching my 7th grader since he was in pre-K.....If you ignore them, they have no control of the situation, you do.

Guest Sew N Sew

Who died? you mean Irwin?