Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Infecting threads

I am starting this thread, as I do not feel it is appropriate to continue to post in a thread about a man who was tragically robbed of his life today about subjects not pertaining directly to that. And for the record, I accessed that thread via the main forums at the top right where it shows recently posted topics, but does not show which thread they are in.

I have now been on LBT for several months and love being here. Every board I have ever been on has sections for off-topic discussions, and people know that is what they are for and that anything may be discussed there. Those can and do include topics such as politics and religion. Most of the time, while all do not agree, the discussions are usually kept civil and are an enjoyable debate, whether one chooses to participate or simply observe.

I personally am saddened by people who have decided to join our board after all of the drama finally died down and restart things again, especially by attacking some of our older members and the way our forums are set up. My personal opinion, and I am saying this because I have simply had enough of the drama queens, is if you don't like LBT or its format, then don't come here. There are plenty of other boards on the internet that you can go to. If you choose to say, then wonderful, we are happy to have you here and offer our support to you. But please, leave the drama out, stop attacking our beloved members and LBT and do not ruin it for the rest of us.

One approach that seems to be working is to ignore those threads and/or people. Just keep posting about the subjects you are interested in. If you want to be even more pro-active, answer questions of new members, and greet people on the introduction threads. That has an added advantage of pushing these supportive threads to the top of the "new posts" list.

Maybe I'm dumb but I have no idea what your talking about

Edit,

I dont wanna know :) I just float around trying to answer peoples questions :)

Just posting cause I read this lol

Nana~

You started your own thread after it was you who dragged my mom into a thread. Like I said maybe it isn't about being obese, but how you treat others, and you are certainly not at the top of my list for treating people nice. You had no right to drag my mom into anything at all, and yet you did.

You brought this garbage into a thread about a man who has passed away. That's not very "nice", now is it? You spread BS all over a very well intended thread, Thank You very much. I guess you are your mothers daughter, you just don't get it, because you had no right to drag this crap into an innocent thread and yet you did. Go freaking fight somewhere else for hell's sake. This shit is getting old.

Peace is not attainable, apparantly. These people aren't even here and the shit is still getting slung. I have kept my mouth shut because I don't care, but jeez, cut it out. Move on. It's just a freaking message board, already!

I'm not talking to you, mouse.

I'm pissed because I am trying to avoid this stuff and it's all over everywhere. I just wanted to see a nice respectable post about someone I admire who passed away. Nooo, this crap had to be brought on there, too? If she was half respectable she'd at least delete what she wrote on that post. Hello???

One approach that seems to be working is to ignore those threads and/or people. Just keep posting about the subjects you are interested in. If you want to be even more pro-active, answer questions of new members, and greet people on the introduction threads. That has an added advantage of pushing these supportive threads to the top of the "new posts" list.

Excellent advice. I think I will go check out the introduction thread and greet some newbies!

Quoted by Brooklyn

" I guess I've just realized this is no place for me. I know all obese people aren't cruel but I've met my fair share of them on here. It's not very encouraging. I don't agree with the Tired Old Man...none of his posts. It is nothing but dribble and one-sided opinions and God help anyone that doesn't agree. Is this what obesity does to you people. If so perhaps you need to look at another reason for saying people treat obese people differently...maybe it isn't how you look but how you act."

I didn't appreciate my mom being brought into this conversation by Susan. Her business is her business and yes it did hit a sour note I'm sorry to say and it was totally uncalled for.

I wish you the best of luck. You seem like one of the nicer ones here.

Best of luck to you."

Brooklyn,

I understand the upsided down situation you are in, and I myself dont always agree with eveyone here, but it clealy states in the rules not to attack people if you disagree with Ideas but to debate the ideas, yes I know that T_O_M can be a bit one sided ,but he is passionate about his oppinion and is not always open to hearing others disagree with him, but he ( to my Knowlage) has never attacked the person for disagreing.

I have found much support , love and help here on this board and I would REALLY like to see it go back to that.

If you have something to offer in the way of support without participating or causing such Drama, then Do so.

so If "this is no place for you" then please for the sake of all others here and yourself go ..

Like I said obesity seems to cause cruelty in some people. You are a shining example of that. You must be very proud of yourself :)

:tired :tired :tired

For someone who doesn't understand the point of having a rant and rave board, you sure seem to utilize it more than others.

You said you don't believe this is the place for you and I think you are right. Obesity causing someone to be cruel is quite an ignorant statement and the only thing you have said that I agree with is that this is NOT the place for you.

Like I said obesity seems to cause cruelty in some people. You are a shining example of that. You must be very proud of yourself :)

Absolutely, I am proud of myself. I have a life outside of Lbt. I'm not ignorant enough to throw Horse Shit around a thread about a dead man.

If you consider that cruel because I stepped to you, well I'd rather be cruel than rude and uneducated. You are a shining example of that.

If we are all as bad as what you think, why do you keep coming back, Dody, uh, I mean Brooklyn?

Lap-Band Talk Rants and Raves (NEW!) Gripe, complain, moan, fight, rant and rave. Enter at your own risk!

Mouse, I know your tring to help.. and I agree with you as far as ignoing, but this is The " Rants and Raves" so if you so belive in that please take your own advice, as I dont see ignore in the decription of this forum.

As someone who is new and doesn't understand what "infecting threads" or "going off topic" means, wouldn't the kind thing have been for someone to PM me that this is not appropriate instead of attacking me.

Yes, I am my Mom's daughter, but I am not my Mom. I don't even have a band yet.

I may have intervened in the wrong place because of the fact that I run a forum that is about one subject and that is horseracing. There is no such thing as going "off topic".

People that are kind take the time to explain this shouldn't be done. They just don't jump on you immediately and say you "infected a thread". It seems that is the kind of behavior that causes more problems then my posting wrong on a thread.

I have indeed gone back and deleted the offending thread or off topic thread, but I feel this could have been handled differently.

Thanks for your time.