Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm Lois, 44, single and a hospital pharmacist in Bryan, Tx. I grew up in Redding,CA. (way up north) so Lakeview, OR, I've been there! I sure miss the mountains, but not the high cost of living. I spent a lot of time with friends either at sporting events (Hook'em Horns) "thelogy weekends" or shopping. I read voraciously and love to ferret out a good buy on an antique. I've been exploring the ABG option recently, as I have struggled with obesity since I was a baby. I have never known "normal", whatever that is. For some reason, this year I'm not willing to go peacefully down that road anymore. I don't want thin, but I do want to feel good again. I've been in seriuos counselling and am ready to take another step if I can. I love this "roll call" idea! Lo

Hi my name is Janie. I am 53 years old. I have 3 daughters and 1 step son. Each of my daughters has a baby except the oldest daughters baby is still inside the womb. Due any time. I have 1 grandson and almost 2 grandaughters. I have 3 wonderful christian son in laws. I have avery wonderful husband. I have 1 dog. Gidget is a shitzu. I have 4 great sisters and 2 wonderful parents. We are a very close nit family. My parents are slightly over weight but obesity runs in our family. I have one sister who had gastric by pass 2 years ago and one sister who had Lipo suction. Any way only 1 sister escaped the weight battle.(My sweet sister who had the by pass is gaining her weight back I wish so badly that she would have had the lap band, please pray for her.) I am 5 feet 5 inches tall my starting weight was 248 I now weigh 226 or 227. I am trying to avoid the scales. I am an artist I do murals for businesses and individual homes. God blessed me with a wonderful talent. I can paint anything. I have a websight with some of my murals on them if any one wanrs to see them its ( www.cywmurals.com). I live in N. Richland Hills Texas. I was banded in Dallas at my daughters Hospital. She is a doctor. My other daughter is a school teacher. And my youngest daughter is a prayer partner with James Robinson ministeries. I am truley blessed and I give God the glory. I wanted to loose weight because it was getting to hard for me to shimmy up ladders and scaffeling; My knees were really starting to hurt.Sorry Ive written such a book. Best wishes to you all...I love this board I think some of you are so funny ! Love Janie

Hi Jaine,

That wasn't a book. I liked your story and could relate in a lot of ways. I have been heavy since very early childhood and have never been "normal" either. I also experienced a flash of rebellion about the weight this spring and immediately took action as soon as I was able to get the money. I thank God every day that my father-in-law felt compelled to loan me the money for it. I never even had to ask. I am very close to all of my family too. I adore my mom, younger brother, uncle, in-laws, step siblings, the list goes on forever. All of our parents are desperately craving a grandchild but I am not quite ready for a child yet. My brother is 6 years younger and isn't nearly close to having children. I am going to school to be a school teacher. Just got my bachelor's last weekend. Now a year for a masters. Your children sound very successful and you were obviously very good parents. Pat yourself on the back. Unlike you my weight was further out of control and I started this adventure at 362 lbs. I am only 30 though and it hadn't had any drastic affects on my overall health yet. No high blood pressure or high colesterol, no diabetes either, I just was getting tired too easily, general stiffness and mild sleep apnea. I knew it would it only get worse so I made my stand. Now I am banded and doing great. Sorry for my novel:) Teresa

Hey there: I already know some of you from the OUCH message board.

I too married my high school sweetheart at the young age of 17. Had our first child at 18, second at 19, third at 23, and last at 27. I have 3 daughters 26, 25, 20(almost 21) and a son 16. After the son, we drifted apart and went our seperate ways. I went to school and became an RN to support the kids and I. He remarried and had another son. It took time but we are good friends now. We talk at great length sometimes about everything. We made a conscious decision to remain friends for the sake of our children. IT has worked thus far. He even lived with me for a time when he moved to the same city where I lived. Anyway, he is married now and doing fine. I am in a relationship now for going on 6 years. We are not married but I am hopeful. He, John, has never been married and has had some bad relationships. I am patient and can wait. We love each other desperately.

The only pets I have are coi fish. Well you could count the 100's of stuffed animals if you want. They seem like family at times. LOL!! I collect them and have one from every state except Hawaii. I even have one from Jamaica. Ya Mon!

I was banded by Dr. Lopez at Sanoviv Medical Institute www.sanoviv.com, in Rosarito, Mexico. The surgery was on April 6, 2004. To date I have lost 37 lbs and 21 inches. I weighed 296 at my heaviest pre band. I know weight 259. I was in a size 24W. I know wear an 18W. HOORAY!! NO FILLS yet. Still losing although I have hit a plateau but I am sure it will pick up again. I am not worried.

Just had a scare with my port. Thought I was rejecting it but was just an irritation from exercising and losing fat around the port. It will reposition itself in a month according to Dr. Lopez; if it doesn't then it will have to be removed.

Guess that is it.

Oh yeah I have 3 step grandkids I call my own. (2 boys Justin 13 and Alex 12 and 1 girl Haley 10) and 1 grandson Eli 18 months from my second oldest daughter. I have 2 beautiful granddaughters from my oldest daughter, Talley Jane 4 and Ashlynne 2. I am 43 years young and loving life. I am a retired Bone Marrow Transplant Nurse of 8 years employment. Thinking of rejoining the working stiffs of the world to have my own spending money. LOL!!

Did I forget anything?

Hi, I'm 51 years old, born and raised in New Orleans, home of awesome food and the obesity capitol of the U.S. lol I live in Slidell, LA., which is about 25-30 miles from New Orleans. I have been working in the dental field for 25 years and I mostly specialize in denture impressions and setup for esthetics and proper fit and function. Before I got in dentistry, I was a paralegal. I am married to a good man, both in our 2nd marriage. I have 2 grown daughters and 4 grandsons to brag about. I also have 2 dogs, a dachshound, and a yorkie. I was banded in Mexico by Dr. Rumbaut on 5-28-04. I am 5'7" and weighed 232 when banded and today I weigh 207. No fill yet, but I am satisfied with way less food! I was really blessed that I could be banded, and I am actually losing weight. I have yo-yoed all my life and it is so wonderful to hope for stable, healthy weight. I have enjoyed this site so much, lots of great people contribute, and it is so helpful to so many of us, love the comraderie! Denise

My goodness what a fantastic reply to this post !

I loved all your stories !

I feel like I know you all a wee bit better !

Thanks for sharing

Aud x

Hi :)

I'm 36... dangerously close to being 37... one daughter age 11 and a fantastic husband (2nd marriage). My hubby and I are coming up to our one year anniversary this July and I still can hardly believe we found each other! We live in Wisconsin but I was born and raised in California... I'm not going back until I can hit the beach in a suit!

I've been heavy/chubby since about age 8 and life hasn't exactly been a picnic but I think I finally found the party and am ready to join in! I am to be banded June 30th.. YAY!

Oh... can't forget the zoo... We have two doggums and 3 kitties... Jack, Rudy, Tassy, Jinx, and Ollie.

This is a great site... THanks to Jenye for telling me about it when I first started my journey!

Darcy

Hi,

I'm Sultana. I am 50 and a high school English teacher. I live in the suburbs south west about 15 minutes outside of Philadelphia.

I have been happily married for 27 years to a wonderful and THIN husband. I have no children, but I love my students. I was banded Dec. 29th of 03 in NYC and I am not a banding success story yet. I have had three fills and I am currently at 2cc. I am scheduled for another fill next week, and I hope it will be the one that will give me the restriction I need. I have lost about 25 pounds, and I do not regret my decision. I do already feel better losing only 25 pounds...I am just getting impatient.

I love to read and I have traveled to most states and over much of Europe. I am so very appreciative of all the support that I have received here. I have been whining lately about my lack of restriction, and no one has told me to just shut up! Glad to meet you!

Well I am new to this but so far so good. I am 35 married and live in Riverside. I was banded on 6/13 and now I am down 13bs. I am amazed at how this works it like someone put a magic stop button that I never had before. I worry that I am not like you all that have been so sucessful. I have tried and failed or tried and gained back the weight so many times. My husband and I met over the internet when I was 260. He did not want me to have the surgery but realized that my knees were beginning to go as I reached 296. This morning to my surprise I weighed 283. What a difference not fighting hunger has made toward will power. Well I'd love new friends who have gone or are going through this.

Rica

That is the only word that seem adequate....

Hi,

I am from northern CA, almost part of Oregon, really. I live in the beautiful redwood forests.

I am married with 2 grown sons who live nearby and a grandson who is almost 2. We have a cat and a dog and ride motorcycles all summer, which is lots of fun.

I was banded June 3 and have lost 15 pounds.

:) Hi All

Well I didn’t formally introduce my self, My name is Ellen and at the moment I live in Mount Vernon, Washington, I have one fish named J.J. I’m not married and I don’t have any kids but I do have two god Kids that I can Spoil and then send them Home to there mother. I’m 26 years old and work in retail.

Now for the wait stuff, I weigh 270 and my BMI is 45. I am not banded yet because of skijoring and financing problems, but hope to be banded in September.

This was a grate Idea to do intros this way

See ya Ellen

:)

Hello!

I'm 43, married w/ a 12 (almost 13) year old son and a 9 year old daughter. We have 2 dogs (a Rhodesian Ridgeback / Boxer named Rufus and a Chihuahua / daucshund named Sophia. Yep, one's 85#, one is 8# and they are best buddies!) We also have 2 cats, Wendall and Gunner.

A year ago I went on E-diets as a "last ditch effort" I lost 18# and have put on 32 since. I came to the realization that I had to DO SOMETHING or I would die. Literally. My "something" was to chose to have a LapBand. My surgery date is July 19th, less than a month away. I start my pre-diet on July 5th. I am so ready I could just crawl into a corner and sit there until the 19th. I want it done. I know that I will not change (size-wise) overnight but I also know that this is my line in the sand, or as Rica said ... my magic stop button! My rebirth!

Michelle, I think that you are an extemely brave woman! I do not think it is a coincidence that you are deciding to stick to your values at this time. I think you did a great thing for yourself getting the lapband, taking care of you; and leaving Steve now is a continuation of taking care of yourself! Best wishes to you in this difficult time!

rufus&sophie.bmp