Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello there,

We seem to be scattered all over the world & I got to wondering, where are you all from & how far have you come & how far have you to go?

Hope you don't mind me starting this thread... :guess

here's my info

My name is Audrey, I'm 32 and come from Glasgow in Scotland. I've been married to Chris (my second husband) for a little over 2 years. I don't have any kids. but do have a black floppy eared rabbit called Eddie... He was born on the same day as I has my band ! lol & he's WAY too cute!

I was banded on 26th August 2003 and to date have lost Lost 104 lbs/7 stone 6 lbs/47.1 kg - I am 5 fool 11" tall (180cm)

I've gone from a size 32 to a 22 in clothes & have even lost a shoe size ! lol :D

I still have a long way to go i'm only at 56% of excess weight lost.. in it for the long haul as they say! lol

How about you?

Aud x

Hi -

San Diego area. 43, single, childless, petless. (All alone in the world... sniff, sniff... lol)

Surgery with Dr. Lopez in Tijuana, Mexico, 1/23/03.

Four fills, current restriction at 2.6cc

97.5 pounds "released"

Port revision 11/03, after tearing a suture in June from over stretching to reach something in the back seat of the car.

Size 28/30+ to 18

5'6"

Still would like to lose down to at least 185 (another 25 pounds or so), would be super thrilled to hit 160, dead with excitement at 140, in total disbelief at 135.

Would do this again in a heartbeat.

I am 30 years old, married almost 5 years (been together 10 years) have 2 dogs, 3 cats, a hedgehog, and a 125 gallon salt Water tank. No kids yet but maybe in a few years. I live in the Willamette Valley of Oregon in the Eugene/Springfield area.

I just finished my Bachelor of General Science at the U of O last weekend. Going on to do the masters for teaching middle and high school science and math.

I was banded 5/8/04 by Dr. Lopez and am down 27 lbs as of day 33 (last wednesday). After all the graduation get togethers I'll be curious if I have a loss this week. I would love to do as well as you two ladies. Best wishes, Teresa

362/335/?

I'm a Nor'Easter, originally from NYC (a native Manhattanite, really!) and now living in the Garden State. Michael and I just celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary, and we have two wonderful daughters, ages 3 and almost-6.

I was banded last summer after realizing that my weight endangered my children, and have so far lost 52 lbs on three fills. Being banded has changed my life infinitely for the better, in that it has improved my present and VASTLY improved my future. I've had no complications of any kind (knock wood) and would do it again in the flutter of an eyelash.

Donali, my bro lives in Santee. When I go out to see him next we'll have to have a major league BASH!! :D:( :(

Hi

I live in Ottawa Ontario Canada.

I had my surgery in Bay- St- Paul QC in May 2002.I've only gotten a fill

recently April 2004 and have lost a total of 40 lbs.

There are a few reasons for not getting a fill:

Originaly Dr was 8 hrs away by bus.

Went over there 2nd month after sugery had not lost any weight

and he refused to fill me!Total of 16 hrs on a bus with 1/2 appt in between!!

I though i was a failure and just went about as normal.

THEN i found this place!!!

When i finally went back he had relocated to Montreal which is 1 1/2 hrs away and i can get there by car and i went armed with knowledge.

I had to have a port revision then went for a fill in April of this year.

Fills DO make a difference!!

I've gone from a size 24 to 18!

I have one son who's 5 and a 2 year old daughter.

Chantal

When I go out to see him next we'll have to have a major league BASH!!

Alexandra, you are ON!!!!!!!!!! :D:( :(

Hello I'm Vera, 44 year old Cancer crab

Started working right out of high school in the electronic field, Silicon Valley and I'm currently an Antenna Test Engineer. When I was 21 a guy Billy 18 started working with me. We worked together for 11 years every day seeing each other. In that time he married a girl who also worked with us and I married Bob when I was 29. Bob was verbally abusive and an alcoholic, divorced him after 6 years. Meanwhile Both Billy and I started new jobs, 2 years later his company bought out the company where I was working, thus we're working together again. Actually he was my boss. This was about the time I was divorcing and he had divorced his wife also. We had become best friends and did allot of bowling, camping and outings to the beach. 6 years ago we had Roxanne and 3 years ago we had Hunter, and how have know each other 23 years have a beautiful house on Anderson Lake in Morgan Hill California. Yes we still work together and we've been engaged 3 years. Planning "the Wedding" maybe in Yosemite or on a cruise. Just thought I'd tell you my love story.

Now for the Band stats:

Banded 8/14/03 at 244lbs size 20

AMI Swedish band, 3 fills @ 5.7cc's

Now 184lbs size 12/14

I'm so very blessed!

Hi, I'm Marie, married to high school sweetheart, 2 sons. I was banded 5/26/04.During all this drama, I found food to be my constant companion. Now I've taken time to get ME healthier. The first really major aid has been this band. I've lost 24 lbs. so far. For the first time in years, I feel good!

Hi all!! I'm Carmen from Milwaukee, WI. I have 4 kids - 2 boys aged 4 and 14 and 2 girls aged 7 and 11. 33 yr old Leo (hence the name Lioness) and have been married for little over a year to my husband but have been with him for almost 13 years. I was banded on Nov 25th, 2003 and to date have lost approximately 55 pounds - but that changes depending on which way the wind blows!! :D Anyways I have about 80 more that I want to loose.....it's slow but I don't mind!! I wouldn't change it for the world nor do I ever regret having the surgery. I would do it again in a heartbeat!!!

athykay 45 here in Castle Rock, WA. Born and raised in the San Fernando Valley.

Married at 16, 3 daughters by the time I was 21. And this month Mike and I will Celebrate 29 years of marriage. We have 1 grandson (Jaden), and a grandaughter (Nevaeh) on the way anyday. A Dalmation (Sara) and 3 cats. Tinker, Tissy and Tessa, 4 fish in the pond.

I had my surgery on May 21, 2004 by Dr. Lopez. I am down 25 pounds as of today.

It's nice getting to know all about everyone. Thanks for the post Audrey. Great idea.

Kathy

Hi, I am Kimberly

I live in the northwoods of Wisconsin (can you say "middle of NOWHERE??), I am 40 years old, have a peach of a guy for a husband and an "almost 5" year old son.

My husband and I met thru my work--and we married 6 weeks later! Sometimes you just KNOW! :D

I have yet to be banded--I am working with my insurance company to get all my ducks in a row for their preauthorization process, then hopefully, it will be "ready, set, go!"

My BMI is currently 39.5, so I have to nudge it over 40 to make the ins. co. happy. eeeeee gads!

If all goes as planned, will have ins. auth. by the end of summer and a surgery date shortly thereafter!

Ever hopeful!

xoxox

Kimberly

Oh, forgot this--I have one fat, sassy cat named Kitty--pure white and smart as the dickens--LOVES my son and protects him like a dog would........

attached is a pix of son and husband. Hope it isn't too big!

post-204014-13813131247388_thumb.jpg

Hello Everyone! My name is Kelly. I am from Bridge City, TX. I am 26; will be 27 on June 21st. Will be married for 9 years in Sept. Have one son that turned 2 on June 11th. Two dogs, a lab and a chihuahua. Oh and fish, a frog and a loach in a tank. I have been with the same employer for 7 years doing medical billing. I got banded on August 20, 2003. Have lost 65 lbs, with another 30 to go. Just recently had 1 cc taken out; go on the 21st to get some back in. I guess that is about all. Hope everyone has a great day!!!!!!