Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June Sleevers! Hows It Going?

Hey June sleevers, we're 2 months away from our one year, how is everyone doing? I've lost a total of 94 lbs, though it feels great I am still 40lbs away from my goal. I did slack off on working out consistenly, taking my Vitamins for the past 2 months which resulted in a stall. But I'm glad to say that I am back on track and now I'm hoping to loose the last 40lbs by my birthday in August. I hope everyone's journey has been great so far.

post-32958-13813664964461_thumb.png

Hey fellow June surgery friends!

So I've been at goal since about the end of February.

Starting weight was 280

Goal: 180

Current weight: 176

Been doing good, then all of a sudden 3 weeks ago, about an hour after eating, I would have this TERRIBLE abdominal pain that felt like a heart attack. It happened two nights in a row, one night with greasy fried pork chops, the other with spicy food. Went to the doctor and found out, despite being on the prophylactic gallstone medicine, I still got them. I even took all 6 months worth or my medicine, but the doctor said even when taken correctly about 20% of people it doesn't work for. So a week ago today I had my gallbladder taken out. Same surgeon as did my sleeve, so it was cool because he checked on it for me and said it looked awesome. He even video taped this surgery (because I asked him too) and gave me a copy on dvd, which is awesome because I want to go to med school.

It's funny because my husband in pre-op before my sleeve took a picture of me right before they wheeled me back to surgery, he did the same thing this time and it's freaking crazy how different I look. I don't really feel like I've lost weight or still feel "fat" until I see pictures. It's almost like my brain hasn't caught up with my body.

I will post the pictures tomorrow for you all because it's crazy. You would swear it isn't the same person.

Other than the dang gallbladder everything has been wonderful! (and wouldn't you know it, my first gallbladder attack was 3 days after my deductible reset... Figures). I recommend the sleeve to everyone I've talked to thinking about WLS. best decision of my life easily.

Hi everyone! I need your help! I was sleeved last June and have lost 70 pounds. Originally 168. I let my work and personal life get the best of me! Any suggestions to get back on track? I am ready to recommit to my goal. I still have at least 40 to my goal weight. Your suggestions are welcome.

Slim, your Jody will stop where it needs to be. I had never exercised after surgery other than a few walks. I always look for higher Protein foods to consume thought like chicken, Greek yogurt, eggs and Protein Shots from Walmart or the grocery store. Some months I would lose 8-10 lbs then I would stall 1-3 months my heaviest was 240 I was 215 pre-op and m now down to 141. My body likes to go between 138-145. I just go with the flow. I did buy some exercise bands to use for my arms and butt which have lost a lot of muscle tone. Here are before and after photos.

post-29492-13813667179848_thumb.jpg

post-29492-13813667180633_thumb.jpg

Damn auto correct. Meant your body, not your Jody.

I went for my 1 year check with my surgeon I he said I am doing great! I have never had a BMI low enough to be classified as overweight, and now I do. I still have work to do, but to move from morbidly obese to overweight in a year is huge for me! How are you guys doing?

I was sleeved on 6.18.12 and ive lost 20 lbs. It has got up to 25 lbs but it seems i gain i loose i gain i loose.... so im assuming im doing things wrong~

I know the feeling. I am just stuck in this cycle if losing 2, gaining 2... Been fighting the same couple of lbs for about a week & it's driving me batty!! Trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong but can't seem to figure it out... UGH!!!

Had my 1 year checkup today, here are my photos from the Drs office. Down 125 lbs!

Sent from Gaye's iPad Mini using VST

post-31245-13813667321259_thumb.png

You look phenomenal!! Congrats on 125 down. What are your secrets to share? Haveyou noticed any changes in your tastebuds or textures of food you don't like?

Sent from my BNTV600 using VST

You look phenomenal!! Congrats on 125 down. What are your secrets to share? Haveyou noticed any changes in your tastebuds or textures of food you don't like?

Sent from my BNTV600 using VST

Hi Skane10! I don't really have any secrets, just do what your Dr says, don't eat anything you shouldn't and work out all you can! My taste buds have definitely changed, I used to love Crystal Lite mix in my Water and now I just can't stomach it, I have never liked fish of any kind and now i love any kind of baked or grilled fish. It is really weird how this surgery really changes everything about food. I love my sleeve!!!!

Sent from Gaye's iPad Mini using VST