Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeve June 19 And Really Hating It.

I am three weeks out. Havent stopped vomitting since the surgery. Everything makes me up chuck. Even Gartorade and Water. I feel like crap. Everyday I try something different but always ends up the same I have gone once to get rehydrated. Thirty pounds are gone mostly fluids. I got the mother of all cold sores across my lower lip and chin. It's taking forever to heal. Never ever in my life had one. I have tried every drug out there Prevacid, Zophran, Reglan, Tums , Gas ex. On and on. I even throw up when I am sound asleep. Gross and very scary. And I pooped alittle last week. And then the horrible dumping episode which freaked me out as I hardly had anything to drink. The Protein Powder drinks really upset my stomach. And the Isopure clear gives me asthma attacks. My lower extremities itch so bad they are raw. And now my long hair that took me seven years to grow out is now going to fall out. I am so pissed at myself for doing this to myself. I could scream and my shrink and doctors say it will get better but when. At this rate I will starve to death. I am scared and so tired. I am a nerve ending. I barely get ten ounces of fluids down and I can't drink or sip any slower than I already am. I think I am lactose intolerant which is new and almond milk and soy milk just makes me vomit more. Is there anyone out there who has survived this type of reaction? So sorry to be a negative Nelly I am usually an upbeat, extremely funny and happy person. So this too is something new for me. Can't afford to cry and lose more liquid.< /p>

I feel so sorry for you and pray you'll soon get better. You are the rare person that has problems. I hope you are talking to your doctor. You might need hospitalization for dehydration. Keep on the board for support. xoxo

Oh no! I hope your doctor figures out what is wrong. Maybe a stricture or a twist? Feel better soon.

I am three weeks out. Havent stopped vomitting since the surgery. Everything makes me up chuck. Even Gartorade and Water. I feel like crap. Everyday I try something different but always ends up the same I have gone once to get rehydrated. Thirty pounds are gone mostly fluids. I got the mother of all cold sores across my lower lip and chin. It's taking forever to heal. Never ever in my life had one. I have tried every drug out there Prevacid, Zophran, Reglan, Tums , Gas ex. On and on. I even throw up when I am sound asleep. Gross and very scary. And I pooped alittle last week. And then the horrible dumping episode which freaked me out as I hardly had anything to drink. The Protein powder drinks really upset my stomach. And the Isopure clear gives me asthma attacks. My lower extremities itch so bad they are raw. And now my long hair that took me seven years to grow out is now going to fall out. I am so pissed at myself for doing this to myself. I could scream and my shrink and doctors say it will get better but when. At this rate I will starve to death. I am scared and so tired. I am a nerve ending. I barely get ten ounces of fluids down and I can't drink or sip any slower than I already am. I think I am lactose intolerant which is new and almond milk and soy milk just makes me vomit more. Is there anyone out there who has survived this type of reaction? So sorry to be a negative Nelly I am usually an upbeat, extremely funny and happy person. So this too is something new for me. Can't afford to cry and lose more liquid.

You need to go insist upon another leak test. The only time i've heard of such violent reactions on this board, is when there has been a leak or stricture involved. Not saying thats it's for sure, of course, but it really screams "problem." Have you consistently had a fever or pain in your left shoulder? The stricture also causes a lot of throwing up of even Water. DEMAND tests. That's all I can say.

I agree, your story sounds so familiar to some here who discovered a leak or stricture and you must insist on having every test possible to rule out something life threatening. You shouldn't feel like this...how can you get proper nutrition and vital fluids like this?

Please don't be afraid to be really assertive!

I haven't had ANY pain at all from the surgery. And no fever. I am cold all the time which is again something new for me. The doctor seems to say that it is just very tight and since I am not throwing up bile there is no leak

However I will bring it up. Will go and get fluids at ER tomorrow. Keep you posted. I just really need to vent. Thanks for listening.

Hmm. No pain, no fever. The cold thing is pretty normal. Most of us get that. Still sounds like a stricture could be a possibility. Keep us posted and take care.

I'm sorry I don't have any answers for you. I just wanted to say I'm sorry you are going through this and I hope you feel better soon. Please keep is posted.

If your surgeon refuses to take your problems seriously then you need to to go get a second opinion. What's happening to you sounds really serious and you can not just ignore it and hope it "gets better" if it has not improved at all in 3 weeks. Please, seek help from someone who will listen to you!

I am struggling with finding anything that "tastes good" but reading your post makes me know I am doing GREAT! Please seek help. I had my surgery on June 11 and although I don't feel great, I now recognize it could be so much worse! Hang in there and as others have said, please let us know how you do. Praying for you!

Hi everybody, so I have had a rough 20 days. I am still barfing but mostly milk things. I am back on a clear liquid diet and it's going well. Every day I will try one new thing and see if it agree. I did find a Protein supplement in a 3 oz tube with fifty grams of protein that tastes like left out Jello but it's only three ounces and it take me and hour and a half and it goes down do that's a good thing. I found some b complex sublingual drops that supply the energy I desperately need. I mentioned the stricture and he is going to look into it. I have an appointment thursday. I feel like Ghandi. I've gotten to the point that food is well gross. I will say, a friend brought some deli chicken broth and it WAS restorative. I kept it down and it was delicious and I don't care if its to high in sodium. I felt so much better. Thanks again for the prayers. I am down 35 pounds mostly fluids I know but I am drinking Water now which is a great improvement. Gatorade is still on the menu. Along with green tea mandarin flavor and Popsicles. and one very thin Protein Drink 40 grams of protein. vanilla only. To make up the 80 grams I need. gummy vitamins and Calcium. And sublingual Biotin. Pretty much the menu for the day. and my mood is much more hopeful.