Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just gotta share. I just came back from the Drs office. I walk up the stairs to the third floor. As I get to the second floor, a nice looking 20 something girl comes through the door in front of me also going up to the third floor. She stops, turns and looks me up and down. She smiles at me and says, "I like your shirt." It is a shirt I got from a 5K race I did on the 4th. Nothing special. I smiled and said "Thanks".

Again ... NEVER would have happened last year.

I just gotta share. I just came back from the Drs office. I walk up the stairs to the third floor. As I get to the second floor, a nice looking 20 something girl comes through the door in front of me also going up to the third floor. She stops, turns and looks me up and down. She smiles at me and says, "I like your shirt." It is a shirt I got from a 5K race I did on the 4th. Nothing special. I smiled and said "Thanks".

Again ... NEVER would have happened last year.

Whoa...LOL! Chalk another one up for PdxMan!!!! That's awesome. Now what's funny... is that this girl went out of her way to make conversation about something that's really irrelavant. Now that's proof in the pudding that the attention definitely increases. Congrats on your sleeve! You deserve it all man!

So, turn this around. How important is weight in a woman to a man? Assuming the woman/lady has always

taken care of herself. Attractive being overweight also. Does it make a difference to a man that the woman

is not the perfect size 8? Its like the saying size doesn't matter....does it matter in a woman to a man?

So, turn this around. How important is weight in a woman to a man? Assuming the woman/lady has always

taken care of herself. Attractive being overweight also. Does it make a difference to a man that the woman

is not the perfect size 8? Its like the saying size doesn't matter....does it matter in a woman to a man?

Well...personally I've never been attracted to a "skinny" girl. I've always liked a women with a little meat on their bones. (Know what I'm saying. ;) ) Having said that.... I would be lying if I didn't say that I more often take a second look at woman that's in shape (not skinny), rather than looking at someone that's obese. Does this mean that I am conditioned this way? Is this the way society has led us to view life? IDK. Now certainly it's very attractive to see women taking care of themselves, whether overweight or not. So... I think most men...if they're honest...would admit that they're attracted to women who are physically fit and pay more attention to them too. Having said that....I am not turned off by all women who are not physicall fit. At least for me that's the difference. There's men and women out there that would not give the opposite sex the time of day if they carry any excess weight. As soon as the weight is lost.... then they come around. Those types of people simply irritate me. IMHO...lol

Glad you offered for the women to pipe in. I've thought the same thing. I've lost weight before and gained it back so I feel I have a little experience with your statement. When I lost 88 lbs and felt..sexy' date=' I acted different, spoke different and walked different. It was the self esteem that made the difference. Not the weight. When the men would approach me, there was a part of me that, in my mind, gave them the evil eye. B) I felt that had I been a bigger woman, they wouldn't have looked my way. I'm not so sure its the weight that attracts the opposite sex but the self confidence that comes with it. If you already have this self confidence, I don't see you'll have a huge difference in women who are attracted to you. When I lost the weight, I caught myself looking for a different "type" of man. I wasn't so much into the buffed tall dark and handsome..but I was wanting the soft hearted, understanding, mature man. Funny, because when I was bigger, I wanted the same but in a gorgeous body. Funny, we always think the opposite sex is the ones who want so much more, when in fact it might be the losers (weight that is).

Anyway, its an opinion. ^_^

In the end, you get what you give. If you don't, either you are not giving or you are in the wrong relationship.

Good Luck[/quote']

I agree 100% with this! I'm 110lbs lighter now and my confidence is thru the roof. So I'm getting more attention and loving it. When i was heavier I didn't even want to look ppl in the eye. I was so embarrassed by how I looked. Now I'm dressing nicer, doing my hair nicer, so yea ppl start to notice u more. Love it.

I haven't noticed any more attention. Maybe I'm just not seeing the looks or hearing comments, but I'm guessing it's going to take more than me losing weight to turn heads. -_-

Is it superficial? Maybe on a baser level, but am I not equally superficial for loving it and appreciating the level of attention I used to get? It is what it is. <shrug>

Simple Answer is YES YES YES!!!!!

98% of women and men are superfiscial. All the I am nots ..... Ummm quit fibbing lol.

Do women talk to me more now. Yes big time. Everywhere I go.

Does my wife get mad? Yes she does lol

I live in NYC, where people can judge you on how you dress, look, walk, stand, pee etc... hahaha. When I was 560 pounds, I NEVER EVER got attention from the ladies, not even a smile. Maybe one or two but probably missed it. And I was on that went out a lot and constantly being surrounded by the ladies. I have great friends (both male and female) who are very supportive from day one, and all they said to me was "I hope you dont change your personality, your such a sweet and amazingly good man".

However, after losing nearly 250 pounds in one year, Ive seen a huge increase in women showing me attention, looking at me, smiling at me, everything! Ive gone back to the same clubs I went to when I was super morbidly obese and see those same women there and their reaction and attention to me is first "wow and then wow how did you lose so much weight? How much do you weigh now? Do you work? Do you have a GF? are you looking for one?" THESE women are the one I give to attention to, these are the superficial ones for me. Fake is more like I call them, women who chose not to see past our weight. Also, Im not gonna sit here and say I never tried talking to ladies, Im excellent at conversations, I can start a convo w anyone at any given time, seems like I cant strike out now hahaha. Weight loss is a marvelous thing, but at times I get overwhelmed w attention. Life completely changes for us and at times can get confusing...well for me it does, and I get frustrated. But one day at a time.

Is it superficial? Maybe on a baser level' date=' but am I not equally superficial for loving it and appreciating the level of attention I used to get? It is what it is. <shrug>[/quote']

I agree. It is what it is. ;) It's just the reality.

I live in NYC' date=' where people can judge you on how you dress, look, walk, stand, pee etc... hahaha. When I was 560 pounds, I NEVER EVER got attention from the ladies, not even a smile. Maybe one or two but probably missed it. And I was on that went out a lot and constantly being surrounded by the ladies. I have great friends (both male and female) who are very supportive from day one, and all they said to me was "I hope you dont change your personality, your such a sweet and amazingly good man".

However, after losing nearly 250 pounds in one year, Ive seen a huge increase in women showing me attention, looking at me, smiling at me, everything! Ive gone back to the same clubs I went to when I was super morbidly obese and see those same women there and their reaction and attention to me is first "wow and then wow how did you lose so much weight? How much do you weigh now? Do you work? Do you have a GF? are you looking for one?" THESE women are the one I give to attention to, these are the superficial ones for me. Fake is more like I call them, women who chose not to see past our weight. Also, Im not gonna sit here and say I never tried talking to ladies, Im excellent at conversations, I can start a convo w anyone at any given time, seems like I cant strike out now hahaha. Weight loss is a marvelous thing, but at times I get overwhelmed w attention. Life completely changes for us and at times can get confusing...well for me it does, and I get frustrated. But one day at a time.[/quote']

Thanks for sharing. I'm sure your experience has been life changing. Thanks for keeping it real.