Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking At The Sleeve...

Hey guys/girls,

I guess I should start by introducing myself. I am 31 years old from Paris Ky and I am looking into getting the sleeve. I found this site a couple weeks ago and have been doing a LOT of reading at a number of different topics. Luckily I was looking around and found this KY portion and saw some stuff that I was actually looking for. A couple things that I saw were the mention of Georgetown Bariatrics and of Dr. Weiss. I would be going this route due to my insurance and upon several very positive suggestions concerning Dr. Weiss. I tried searching the hospital/surgeon sections with limited results. I would be very very interested in hearing anything you guys have to say regarding both the hospital and Dr. Weiss. I want to hear the good, the bad, the indifferent. How was your experience?? How are your results?? Complications?? Would you recommend them??? Thanks guys. Gotta run. Dave.

Dr Weiss did my surgery on 8/23 at CBH in Lexington because that's where my insurance required me to go. He is brilliant; my daughter calls him Dr Badass! I went home on 8/24. Felt great, still feel great. No complications and I would recommend them without reservations!

Hey Peach,

Thanks for the response. Where are you from in KY?? I will be ending up in Georgetown with Weiss, like you because of insurance. Doing a ton of research and looking so all info and advice is appreciated. Thanks, Dave.

I live in Louisville. Going to Lexington wasn't like driving cross country, but it was a pain in the rear. I had been going to Bluegrass Bariatrics in Louisville and was a lot more familiar with Dr Oldham. I didn't know how I would feel about Dr Weiss. After meeting him and especially after going through intake, any reservations were gone! Have you done intake yet?

Dr. Weiss did my surgery as well, at CBH in Lexington. I was self-pay, so I chose him after doing some research. He was awesome--answered all of my questions, and did a great job. I was sleeved 2/9 and went home 2/11. He came by to check on me every day I was there. No complications, went back to work after 2 weeks. I would say the only negative is that I haven't seen him since I was discharged from the hospital. All of my follow-up appointments have been with a Physician's Assistant. I get that he's busy and has a ton of patients, but it would have been nice to see him again at least once after discharge. I did call his office with a question once during recovery when I wasn't feeling well and they called him and called me back pretty quickly, so that was a plus. Good luck to you--have you started the process yet?

Hey guys. I finally got to make it to the seminar last week. Between work and family stuff time is hard to come by. I am gonna get the paperwork started but it will be after the start of the new year before I get anything done as I am gonna upgrade my insurance and it has to take effect. I have made several changes and am currently in the 290's right now. Weiss seemed OK. I expected more in depth info in the seminar but I guess that is just from coming here and doing a lot of my own research. We will see how things progress and go from there. Thanks for the replies. It is good to hear of first hand experience...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches