Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's July! 11 Months Out - August Allstars!

Check in time! If you see any of our fellow August Allstars around the forums let them know about our check in! I am trying to spread the word in my signature below too!

I am down 5.2 lbs to 134 since June 2nd check in. I'm 10.2 from a normal BMI which is my goal (for now)!

I went on vacation to sunny Florida last week and wouldn't you know TS Debby was there too - BOO! But we did lots of indoor walking at malls and we did spend a couple days at the beach which was nice. I felt great - not exhausted and sweaty the whole time like it has been the last few years. I did good with food. I am so happy to have my traveling life back!

I am so glad I had this surgery just under a year ago. It was hell for a brief time with my leak but I made it through and here I am.

Hope to hear from everyone!

Hey Libby! I'm still around and down 95 pounds but have been acting like a back-slider lately. It's been almost 2 months since I lost any weight and the fact is, I'm not really trying anymore. Does that suck? I'm really happy with my weight loss, I just wish I could get my emotional issues with food under control. There isn't a support group in my area so I hang out on this site and myfitnesspal for connections. I've never regretted my surgery and I do a lot more now than I ever did. My life has changed for the better 100% and I praise God I was able to get the sleeve. Now if God and I can just work on those emotional over-eating issues.

Hey AllStars!

Hope everyone is doing well. Can you believe next month will be our 1 year surgiversary?! WoW! Remember all of us being excited and scared last year at this time? It has been an incredible journey and I am so thankful for all of you and my bariatric surgeon for giving my life back to me. I am in maintenance and loving it! I have not weighed 127lbs since I was in my early 20's. Still need to tighten up the skin but it will happen sooner or later.

Now if God and I can just work on those emotional over-eating issues.

Hi there - hope you dont mind me hijacking your thread- but I noticed the emotional eating in your post and I deal with that as well (as do so many of us) and I am trying to work on that with the Lords help before surgery (scheduled 8/3).

I have just downloaded a book yesterday on Amazon called "Shrink Yourself: Break Free from Emotional Eating Forever" by Roger Gould. I have not started reading it, but it has great reviews on amazon and has come highly recommended. One thing I have heard is, it WILL make you dig deep so dont tackle unless you are truly ready to get passed the emotional issues that make us want to eat!

I will start reading today...hope its as good as Ive heard!

Hi All

I'm just 1.5 lbs down since 2 June but more than happy to take that :0)

I have 5.75 to lose until I'm 'normal' and a further 2 to my ultimate goal.

11 months for me today - I am 8.8lbs from my goal. I think I will revise it when I get there, but am not ready to do that right now. My goal of 123.8lb is based on the BMI scale and is the very top number in my normal range of 93-124 lbs at 4'11''. I am not sure where I will stop. Honestly I would love to have a Tummy Tuck and arm lift then re-evaluate. Not going to hold my breath on that!

Hello fellow August sleevers,

I have lost 76 lbs and down to 191. I was stuck at 200 for the longest time. I am back to losing 1 -2 pounds a weeks and I am just fine with that.

Wow, I never knew having an overweight BMI of 30 would excite me so much but I can't be listed as morbid obese ever again!

This site has helped me when the going got rough. Being out of work since January has caused a lot of stress on me and I think that is what caused the stall. Can't wait to hit the 100 pounds goal.. Hope I will be getting close to that goal by my birthday on August 21.

It has been so hot here in Orlando Florida, it is 80 degrees by 7:00am which limits outside activities. So stay cool everyone and we will check in again next month. Congrats to all of you who have hit or passed your goal weight.

I have lost 91 pounds so far and I am 8 pounds from my goal of 135. I want to be there by my 1 year surgiversay so I am following my NUTs advice and keeping it very low carb for the next three weeks to try to make that goal. I also am in the Labor Day Challenge to try to lose it by then, if I dont sooner.. Hopefully sooner but you never know when a stall will rear its ugly head. I have been strength training and walking this past week and so I hope that pays off too.

I am a solid size 6 now, some are a smidge tight but not uncomfortable enough not to wear. That was my Goal Size! I am thrilled to be there! Now on to 4's if that is possible! Woohooo! Come on August Allstars, check in!!!!

Got this in a personal conversation reply but I think it was intended for here! Wanted to share!

Congrats MAKF!!

I am now wearing mediums! Mostly size 10 a few 8's and am happier with my body than I have been in 15 years!

I still want to lose another 19 pounds. I had thought I would reach my goal weight by my year anniversary, but since that is in just 9 days, I don't think that will happen.

I am thrilled to have come this far!

I have uploaded 2 new pics taken in New York and will upload a couple more tonight!

This has been the absolute best decision I could have made!

I wish you all continued success and happiness!

BTW, My husband had the surgery too, and has already lost 100 pounds in 8 months!