Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

O U C H... Sympathy please!

Thanks, Vera. I can't even work. All I can do is sit staring at the phone and checking for new posts. Ann Marie is out of the office till Wednesday. Dr. Carmen has picked up her phone 6 times now calling out "Lisa, can you hear me?" so she knows it's desperate. You'd think she'd pull over and use a landline or have her office call me.

Lisa, this will work out. But I can only imagine how frustrated and scared you are. You're in my prayers. Take care.

My neighbor got through to Mexico for me. It's now 10:30 and Nora just called me (Dr. Carmen never called back.) Nora said Dr. Lopez will call me at 1:00 p.m. when he is out of surgery. I gave her an earful. She told me I should have seen Dr. Teng. I explained that he refuses to see Mexican patients except for fills. She said she just got Saturday's message this morning. I reminded her that they promised 24 hour emergency service. I'll be sure to tell all this to Dr. Lopez when he calls.

For heaven's sake Lisa!!!! I just want to crawl through those telephone lines and shake the people on the other end!!!! I was just catching up on reading this post and my stomach is just churning for you! I am so damned sorry that you are experiencing all of this and wish I could help you!!!! I know there isn't a hug big enough for this situation but I'll send one anyway. I feel like you need to be on your way to Mexico as I type... hang in there and honestly... I really want you to book a flight... your surgeon needs to see what is happening.

Glad you're finally getting some responses from Dr. Lopez's office. I think that the problems we've all been having getting in touch with his office will be coming to a head very soon, and hopefully will be resolved for the better. Anne Marie said she was going to tell Dr. Lopez he needed to have a gal from our SD bandster group work in his office, and be the U.S. liason between his U.S. patients and him. Hopefully something like that will go into place.

In the meantime, I'm sending good thoughts your way, and hoping you don't have to wait until this weekend to get fixed up. :D

Hi, Delarla. I've been off the boards for a few days. Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble! I'm glad you have such a great doctor at the Urgent Care Clinic. Such is not always the case. Maybe it would help if she called your surgeon directly. In my experience, doctors respond much more quickly to a call from another doctor than they do to a patient, unfortunately. And it sounds as though it would be beneficial for them to speak directly anyway. Just a thought. I hope you feel better soon.

Nancy

I agree with Donali..

Dr Lopez's office needs a wake up call. Having some one from the U.S as a patient liasion is a great idea. I know Dr. Ortiz's office has one and when I cant get through to Mexico directly, I call Robin and she Patches me through to Dr Ortiz or Dr Martinez right away on a three way call. We pay damn good money for our surgeries and should no way be treated like this!!! It is an outrage to pay the money you did to Dr Lopez and to not get the proper aftercare! Hang in there Lisa...there is light at the end of the tunnel ...if he does not call you back you call Ortiz or Kuri, I know both of them will be willing to help you.

Michelle

I called Lopez. He needs to remove my port. I said I'd be there Saturday morning. I'll have to pay to stay one night in the hospital. Donali, can you e-mail me at lisabones@cox.net with your number? I have it at home.

Brain racing.

Lisa, my thoughts are with you as well. Here's hoping all will work out smoothly and easily.

Hugs coming to you from New Jersey!!

Lisa, best of luck! If it will make you feel any better, my husband had to have his dialysis catheter replaced because of similiar problems. That was here in the good ole USA by a top transplant surgeon! So you could have had the same problems here. But I know the main thing has been getting someone to respond to your need for help.

Lisa... I'm just relieved that you got a hold of your surgeon and that you are being taken care of! I'm so sorry that you are going to have further surgery... (((((hugs))))) and hope that everything will go a smoothly as it should have the first time...

Darcy

I'm a Jersey girl myself so thanks for the hug from home!

I'm exhausted. All I've done today is yap and fret about this problem. I'll probably take off work Friday and drive down to Mexico. My crazy neighbor wants to come with me, so that naturally made me cry. It's a 5 hour drive. The way I see it is that I'll sit around the airport 2-3 hours wasting good driving time, so driving is only a couple extra hours. I told Dr. Lopez to expect me Saturday morning.

Gag, puke, hurl. The thought of another operation... eek. Plus a 3rd sometime down the line to replace the port.

While I'm feeling sorry for myself, they gave me a tetanus shot in Urgent Care the other day. Another OUCH. Darn thing is swollen & bruised! Maybe I should just go get some root canals to round it all out.

Peace, babies. Thanks for your friendships.

Maybe I'll save a buck and let Gross Darcy do the surgery since she likes blood & guts! Got a bottle of tequila and a butter knife? Just kidding about the Gross part. My best friend is Gross Mary cuz she loves gorey bodily fluids.

New Hope, yes, this problem could have happened anywhere. I doubt it has anything to do with my surgeon. I heard Lopez has done a few of these before. And I'm sure Ortiz has had patients that needed port revisions, it's just that his staff returns calls.

And yes, I cried when I told Lopez that it took me 15 calls to get through to him. He promised to call me directly on Wednesday to find out what time I'd be there Saturday.

Gross Darcy.... hmmm... that sorta has a ring to it! :D

I'd go with you in a heartbeat but thinking you are probably not going to want to "stop by" Wisconsin and pick me up.:think We could be just like THelma and Louise! (minus the driving off the cliff part) :(

I'm all about pulling a Thelma and Louise. If only I didn't have to work. My husband has been so nice lately, but he still doesn't "get it." All I want is for him to lay down and watch a movie with me, but he decided to spend the month in the garage working on a surprise for me. I'm scratching my head, thinking, "what the f..." He sucks at keeping secrets so he told me he's building me a huge bird cage. Scratching head again, "what?" He's buying me 2 parrots because I love animals. Uh, hello? I'm maxed out in the fur baby department with my cat, 2 dogs and 80 gallons of fish. I adore my babies, but they trip me, destroy my house, demand tons of attention, and cost a fortune. I asked him who was going to take care of my new parrots. He said, "the cleaning lady." He's a funny one. And my house already smells like a barn. Thelma, I'm on my way!