Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A lot of people come on here for support and opinions and I Signed up for Vsg talk for that purpose but I honestly don't feel any support. I make comments and posts about what I'm going through and people don't really respond. I know everyone goes through different things and some need help and some don't but I like to get my opinions because like many people here, this is life changing an we're supposed to be going through this together, so I thought. So I guess I'll just stop posting and commenting and learn on my own. Dont Get me wrong, i have a very strong support system and loving boyfriend but they will never understand because they r not going through this. I'll just start asking my doctor instead of bothering everyone else on here. God bless

I'm so sorry that you are not feeling supported.

Please give VST one more chance.

There are some really awesome people on here.

Would you be interested in going us on myfitnesspal.com? That is also another great support system. I'm ChargersForever on MFP.

I'm only 2 months post op, but if I can help you in any way, just PM me!!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Hey sweetsusie,

I feel that same way sometimes.

I see several posts where you asked questions or made comments and people replied to you. What are your expectations?

Susie, you are a great person and I am fortunate enough to have met you in person, and thankful for the bond that we will soon share together. I appreciate you always being there for me as you are my leader since your surgery will be before mine, but I am always here whenever you need to vent, chat, laugh, cry or just be silent and breath on the phone with the peace of knowing that someone else is there. lol. Keep head held high, this too shall pass.

I feel the same way sometimes...my expectations would be that more people would respond. Guess that's part of it tho. I don't always get a chance to log in everyday and I figure that may be the case with many. I have the my fitness pal and would love to have others join me but not sure how all that works!

@mely

When your on MFP, just go to friends, click add friends, then enter your name and the freind you would like to add!! There is also a thread for Official MFP add a friend, I have joined many friends and they are so nice!! Join us, hope to see you there 

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I've been here a couple of years now and you have to give it a chance. Sometimes people are reading your comments, questions, etc., but maybe have nothing to say or that it may not pertain to them per say. I am one of those who read and do not answer and I am a victim (no pun intended) of not having my comments responded. But the times where I need support, I may just login and read some post, and it will get me through whatever I have going on at the time. So, don't give up the fight. (smile).....

Krys

A lot of people come on here for support and opinions and I Signed up for Vsg talk for that purpose but I honestly don't feel any support. I make comments and posts about what I'm going through and people don't really respond. I know everyone goes through different things and some need help and some don't but I like to get my opinions because like many people here, this is life changing an we're supposed to be going through this together, so I thought. So I guess I'll just stop posting and commenting and learn on my own. Dont Get me wrong, i have a very strong support system and loving boyfriend but they will never understand because they r not going through this. I'll just start asking my doctor instead of bothering everyone else on here. God bless

Sometimes it helps to go through the posts and respond to people who are coming up behind you and help them out with questions and comments, and that can be very fulfilling in itself. I know sometimes you personally need your posts responded to, and I believe most posts are responded to quite well from what I've seen. If you have really specific questions that need answering, just PM any one of us that you know have been around a while and we'd be happy to answer if we actually know the answer. I don't think anyone is ignoring you. It's all a matter of perception. Just keep participating and remember- "ya get what ya get, and ya don't throw a fit!" HAHAHA (just a little humor there...)

I added you as a friend so I will get notifications of your postings. I am sorry you do not feel your being supported. I will help you anytime I can. Just stay with us a little longer.

Thank you everyone, very supportive responses that made me feel better. I'll give it another chance . As far as my fitness pal, I plan on getting on there soon. I have the app downloaded but haven't even got on there. ;/. I guess I'm being lazy, lol. But again, I appreciate all the responses, gave me some hope.

Sometimes it helps to go through the posts and respond to people who are coming up behind you and help them out with questions and comments' date=' and that can be very fulfilling in itself. I know sometimes you personally need your posts responded to, and I believe most posts are responded to quite well from what I've seen. If you have really specific questions that need answering, just PM any one of us that you know have been around a while and we'd be happy to answer if we actually know the answer. I don't think anyone is ignoring you. It's all a matter of perception. Just keep participating and remember- "ya get what ya get, and ya don't throw a fit!" HAHAHA (just a little humor there...)[/quote']

Lol I like ur sense of humor dooter, made me smile ;)

Susie' date=' you are a great person and I am fortunate enough to have met you in person, and thankful for the bond that we will soon share together. I appreciate you always being there for me as you are my leader since your surgery will be before mine, but I am always here whenever you need to vent, chat, laugh, cry or just be silent and breath on the phone with the peace of knowing that someone else is there. lol. Keep head held high, this too shall pass.[/quote']

You're awesome jenn, thanks a lot! I appreciate u being here also. I hope I can lead a good example for you and others and I will always be here ;).

I see several posts where you asked questions or made comments and people replied to you. What are your expectations?

Maybe I expected more ? Not sure but I'll give it another try.