Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleevers Who Started At 200Lb And Under

My weight loss is in a major stall. A little discouraging! I know that us starting out under 200 lbs dont have nearly as much to loose as others. I am thinking that this may be why its going slower? I was sleeved 3 months ago and have only lost 34 lbs. Given I only need to loose a total of 65 lbs, so this is actually more than half way there. Not sure what to make of this slow loosing. Can any post oppers who were in the same boat chime in?

I was over 300 when I was sleeved, but basically, what I was told is that the more you have to lose the faster you lose it. Part of the reason for this is calorie restriction done by the sleeve, and it takes a certain amount of calories just to sustain you through the day. Heavier people burn more of these, and if you add in exercise, heavier people burn even more calories, so it seems like the weight just falls off. It sounds like your progress is about where it should be, as most people lose the majority of their excess weight at 6 months to a year from surgery.

I'm in the same boat. Every lb. has been a struggle. I even gain a few this week. I a little binge. Ugh

My current weight is 196 and I'm scheduled for surgery in a couple of weeks. Are you ladies exercising? Protein intake? Water intake? I'm sure that you will continue to lose, just at a much slower pace. You will catch up and be at goal within the year... That's the pattern I've noticed from sleevers that start at 200 or less. Good luck and keep up the hard work!

My weight loss is in a major stall. A little discouraging! I know that us starting out under 200 lbs dont have nearly as much to loose as others. I am thinking that this may be why its going slower? I was sleeved 3 months ago and have only lost 34 lbs. Given I only need to loose a total of 65 lbs, so this is actually more than half way there. Not sure what to make of this slow loosing. Can any post oppers who were in the same boat chime in?

How often are you excersizing and exact;y what are you doing? What kind of foods are you eating? Mine is coming off a lot slower than I had hoped also! I was even up 2 pounds this morning! UGH! I'm kinda thinking about going to bootcamp OR maybe ordering the Tapped Out or P90X bootcamp workout videos. Up your Water and lower your fat and carb intake. Thats all I have to offer....sorry.

loose a total of 65 lbs,

did you go to Mexico? - if so is it easier to get approved there? My daughter has about 65 lbs to loose.- she is only 5'1 and weighs 180. but with her height or lack of do you think she she could be approved? just asking for an opinion?

thanx

kathy

did you go to Mexico? - if so is it easier to get approved there? My daughter has about 65 lbs to loose.- she is only 5'1 and weighs 180. but with her height or lack of do you think she she could be approved? just asking for an opinion?

thanx

kathy

Her BMI will probably qualify her in Mexico. Some places here in the US too, just not covered by insurance.

Likasulema, your daughter sounds similar to me - I started at about 190. (I've carried 60 extra lbs for about 15 years now). You should contact Dr. Kelly, he can talk to you more about it. I'm about a week out and starting to feel really good and happy about all of it! Now I am feeling confident that I have avoided diabetes and high blood pressure, which was looming over my head for the last few months....

Dr. Kelly's info:

619-395-5347

email: wls-clinic@hotmail.com

As for loss... I think we have to be more patient. We are not supposed to lose more than 1-2 lbs per week in any given week. More than that really is not healthy for our sizes.... and yes some weeks you will gain, secondary to Water gain, etc. Just keep doing what you're doing, get your Protein in, and drink your water! It will come off!! :)

I can't speak for the weigh you started at, but over 10 lbs a month is great...if you did that for a year you would lose 120 lbs + !!!

At this rate your skin will recover much better than it would have otherwise.

Just take it slow and easy - relearn your body - get rid of your old habits and create good ones...read alot and not just here - I will make a book list for you if you are interested.

"The Power of Habit" has been an incredible find...