Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone From Nepa? Geisinger Or Hazleton..

Hi Everyone,

I've been involved in Geisinger's 6 month Bariatric Surgery Program and will be going for surgery this Monday, August 6th in Geisinger Danville. I didn't think I would see many other NEPA ppl on here.

How did it go for you? i think i will be involved in the same program.

I originally planned on going to Hazelton, but found out they don't accept my insurance. I ended up going through St. Lukes, which it had been my first experience using them for anything (I live near Tamaqua/Hamburg but always go through Lehigh Valley). The dr is amazing, the nurses and the staff at the hospital were fabulous. I can't recommend them enough!

hi! I am from nepa as well. I am 5 months post op. I was sleeved with dr Gerhart at general hospital in Wilkes barre. I am down 53lb and it has been te best thing I have ever done! it's amazing how my life has changed. I have blue cross anthem and did not have to wait 6 months. I went to my first seminar in feb.. went to my first dr appt march 15 and I had surgery may 16! it was a quick 2 months :) I had to get blood work, egd scope done of my stomach and also ultra sound of all my organs. I ended up having gallstones so he removed my gallbladder while I had the sleeve surgery.

hi! I am from nepa as well. I am 5 months post op. I was sleeved with dr Gerhart at general hospital in Wilkes barre. I am down 53lb and it has been te best thing I have ever done! it's amazing how my life has changed. I have blue cross anthem and did not have to wait 6 months. I went to my first seminar in feb.. went to my first dr appt march 15 and I had surgery may 16! it was a quick 2 months :) I had to get blood work, egd scope done of my stomach and also ultra sound of all my organs. I ended up having gallstones so he removed my gallbladder while I had the sleeve surgery.

I recognize this post is super old but I'm getting sleeve surgery at Wilkes Barre general from dr.neale in 12 days and was looking to see how your experience was?

Sent from my LGLS770 using the BariatricPal App

Hey - how did your surgery go? I'm also from nepa and was considering gerhart for the sleeve. I haven't made my first appt yet.

I'm in Oregon now and don't know about surgeons, but I just wanted to say that I grew up in Lewisburg :)

It take 6 months I have to pay $375 because your Insurance doesn't pay for that. It's for the classes that you gonna be taking and the books they gonna give you I went through it 3 times chickened out 3 times this is my 4th time and I finally got my head on straight and I really wanted done and now I passed the green light for both Psychiatrist and I passed the Nutritionist class gave me the green light also so now I'm waiting for a letter from the doctor and then I will be seen the doctor February 1st to tell me when to come in for surgery I'm excited and nervous at the same time so far I lost 24.5 in half out

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

And this time you are committed to going through? If so congratulations and the best of luck on February 1st with your future surgeon!😷