Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question about Moderators

LBT is my second home. I come here for help & support. However, whenever Delarla, Lisa Bones or "Fitter" get on here - the entire atmosphere of this place changes.

I like Delarla!! From the first time I read one of her posts, I was laughing so hard & couldn't believe the guts this woman had to say the things that she did!! However, she can get real mean sometimes. She likes to point fingers at other people who "follow" her around as she says. But Delarla really knows how to stir the pot. She writes hateful posts saying out right terrible things about people. I can understand why she was banned. When she came back on here & posted about her poor dog that died I thought that perhaps she was coming back peacefully & I was hoping that we'd get to read her funny, intriguing posts again. But, I was wrong. Soon after, there was several threads started by her that caused a war. I didn't see PSusan following her around as she says. I only saw hateful & terrible things said about her. It was very sad.

I have no idea if what was said about Penni is true or not. But I do know that this board belongs to Alex & he has the right to do what he wants. I will stand behind any decision he makes.

I'm sorry Delarla was banned. However, her posts were just way out of line. I will miss her whit & great threads. I wish her the best.

So...I guess this is how it feels to be the only virgin in town the morning after the gang-bang...you THINK you're glad you weren't involved but feel somewhat left out anyway.

How poetic :D

And as for everything else. I file it under SEP: Somebody Elses Problem (Thanks Douglas Adams).

This is Alex and the Mod's problem. Maybe if we were a public trading company and we were share holders we could demand answers.

If it was a democracy we could demand answers.

It isn't either of those things. It's Alex's world and he calls the shots.

Wait a minute...

I *thought* Lisa wanted the "Delarla" membership be terminated. This was her decision, not Alex's - right?

So, what about the "Lisa Bones" account? was this done from Lisa's request or Alex's?

And adding my own 2 cents to all this madness..

we're all held accountable for our own actions. Whether in real life or computer world.

What troubles me the MOST is that Im so sad that a beautiful friendship has ended over all of this bologna.

Over computer life!

How horrible. :D

For those of us that have been here long enough to remember, Penni nursed Lisa when she had a gaping hole in her abdomen. She opened her home to Lisa. Room and board. Brought her to the doctor and did for her better then most relatives! Not just once, but several times.

I dont forget things like this, whether its done to me or others.

Penni is genuine.

She is also humble enough to admit failure.

Come'on Lisa, its ok to be angry! But geez - Penni doesnt deserve this.

i love you both.

Penii's a big girl and the one person that can stop this.

Penni, were you in fact personally involved in the Bigchix scandal, and did you lie to your friends and members here at LBT while using your moderator privileges in the worse possible way by deceiving and manipulating the board and your friends? Did I speak with you on several occasions and ask out to step down as moderator out of self-respect and to allow other moderators to "moderate" my threads instead of being so unfair?

Why are you still pretending? How can you not tell these people the truth already?

I did come to this forum until April of this year so I am not privy to what went on as discussed in DeLarla's post. What I do believe is that the position of "moderator" subjects a person to being held to highest standards. While the job is voluntary and appointed, it's not without responsibility and morality.

I can't imagine why one person would confess and apologize for hurting a group of people and lie about other peoples' involvement. It would seem to me that Alex (owner) is the one who could best address this problem since I'm rather certain that he has access to these private messages and can track them by screen name.

On a personal note, I have never had a problem with any member or any moderator on this board. If I don't like it when a thread goes "off topic" with ridiculous banter, I simply avoid the thread and don't participate. I have disagreed with the positions taken by some of the members from time to time. If I feel strongly about it, I comment in a respectful and diplomatic way, the same way I want people to handle differences of opinion with me.

The bottom line here is that members HAVE to TRUST that the moderators are acting in the best interest of the forum mission as well as the members who make up the forum. Accusations have been made that can only be addressed by the people mentioned and the board owner. This could all be laid to rest if those people addressed the issues mentioned. At this point, I think it's the right thing to do. Again, this is just my opinion.

Ya know what? I dont really honestly care.

The only thing this is doing is making this board look bad. Its tainting the information.

He said, she said, i hate her, she hates me.

I dont care what Penni did, I dont care what Lisa did, I read the crap that went down in the city.

I want to know how much food is too much, what happens if I PB, not who can play with who.

Last night, I was afraid to invite the wrong person to into the chat room in fear that someone would start crap, because people can leave well enough alone just to get information out and have a nice time.

Enough is enough. People are here for support and its nice to make friends.

I have made several thru this board.

But my first reason I can here was to find out about band, not if XZY person was nice or naughty.

Its great we can chat and have a good time on here and make friends.

But stop this, now, before Alex decides its not worth the time and money to have to deal with children and their childish complaints.

I dont want this thread locked, I want this one and the other ones that are locked DELETED.

This board has helped me more than you all know. It has helped me make a life changing decision, held my hand in doubts and fears, kept me company on sleepless nights while my house was dark and quiet. I do not care about anything else except the band and experiences with the band.

As for the moderators-I don't care one way or another about pms or pms for that matter. It is time to stop this negative energy.

First let me say I am friends with both Lisa and Penni. We all had our surgeries at the same time and eroded at the same time. I have met both of them personally. They have offered me support and love all the way through my journey.What concerns me here though is this

This "consider the source" thing is b.s. Photonut let me ask you a question if it were me or any other member here who you did not have "personal issues" with who posted this instead of Lisa, would you still be saying "consider the source" would it still be ok for a moderator to do the things she is being accused of? Do you think Lisa is lying? One thing I know about Lisa is she speaks the truth and some of us may not like it but she does not lie, she says it like it is. Regardless of who is saying all of this if there is any truth to any of it it should be treated the same way if it were any other member here who brokew the rules. If Lisa was banned for her actions in all of this why is Penni not banned? She broke the rules as well as Lisa. I feel either they both are banned or they should both be able to stay, whats fair is fair. Both Lisa and Penni offer so much to this board. Lisa and her spunk and dynamic personality and crazy posts that make us all laugh our ***** off and Penni with her caring supportive ways who is always there to help and offer support.

The bottom line here is that members HAVE to TRUST that the moderators are acting in the best interest of the forum mission as well as the members who make up the forum.

I agree 100% with this statement.

I think that the situations need to be considered seperately. Lisa was banned due to, from what I can tell, personal attacks, venomous pm's, and not following the rules. that situation I am sure was handled the best they could, and the ultimate outcome was her being banned. I doubt this had anything to do with penni. And from what I can see Lisa was given many many many warnings after many many many awful incidents.

Penni's situation is one that has to be considered by the mods as well, and it is their choice on how to handle it. Not ours. Arguing about it is not going to get us anywhere. Trust me. We all argued till we were blue in the face about posts in the past. but it was the mods that made the choice in the end, whether we liked the choice or not.

I think we all need to let this be and let the mods do their job. Once the choice is made, then you can decide if you want to stay on the site or not. But it is ultimately their choice, and their job. So lets let them be to do it.

Hi LaMadam :D

"Consider the source" simply meant that when people are clearly upset and bringing personal fights and vendettas to the board, it IS important to consider the source of the motivation behind the post.

(I edited this post to remove any reference to people in particular. I'm trying very hard to be careful about expression my views and opinions in a respectful way. I guess I also need to work on writing a post, walking away for a few minutes, then coming back to read it again before posting it. My apologies to anyone who responded before I could edit this note down to what I feel is a fair response to LaMadam's question to me.)

I still think it advisable that we all take a big step backwards and allow the moderators to do their work.

I have no doubt that all allegations will be thoroughly investigated and all we can do is make the situation worse.

i have only been here since march,so i do not really know anyone "personally". but if these allegations are true, it is very disturbing to me. i have read, but not posted on some of the very nasty, argumentative threads that have been around from time to time. when i noticed delarla was away, i also noticed that there were still nasty threads going on, so it could not have been ALL delarla, as some folks tried to say. many of the nasty, mean members are still here, posting all the time. i do wonder why delarla, lisa, would post an apology to all and then supposedly tell a lie about penni

perhaps there is some truth to the allegations she made.

i am sure that i am considered just another member who is a fan of one or the other, but i am not a particular fan of anyone....i read most posts by ALL members and get much info and enjoyment from what i read, except from the nasty, mean posts..that are locked now. perhaps, we need alex to intervene on the members behalf to settle this matter concerning penni. i hope allegations are not true, but i am also saddened that there is a chance that they are....i want to say, i am glad that lisa has admitted her part in any scams, etc.--and i wish her the best. and i hope penni can have this matter resolved for the best also.:straight

OK I will make an effort to address some of the comments made about me and my past behavior. I am not at all shocked by the berating, hounding, spiteful, and deceitful behavior of Lisa aka Fitter, Delarla, Lisa Bones, BigChix, etc.

<O:p

To set the record straight I was involved in the BigChix scandal over a year ago. I had my desktop signed on to my screen name. I had my laptop signed on to Lisa’s then Delarla screen name. All the posting was done by Lisa as BigChix. I only posted as myself. I NEVER posted as Delarla or BigChix or as anyone other than myself EVER. The idea for BigChix was Lisa’s. Her reasons to me for starting that name was to give one particular member grief. For the life of me I can’t even remember who that was now. <O:p></O:p>

As a Moderator I should not have been involved in that but I was, even if it was something just having an extra computer (laptop) to perpetuate this scam. I apologize to everyone new and old members for not allowing my better judgment to overtake Lisa’s influence.

<O:pI have tried as a Moderator to be fair to all. When Lisa’s behavior required a moderator step in I would double check with the other Mod’s to make sure I was seeing things clearly. I also told them on several occasions that I would back away from anything Lisa did or said just to be fair. <O:p

What a lot of you don’t know is that Lisa and I had a fun relationship early on. Then it soured by some comments Lisa made to me after a weekend visit when she had her port removed. I won’t dredge all that ugliness up but suffice it to say that Lisa really hurt my feelings and I was devastated for months afterward and that was the reason I did not go to the Second Vegas Bash.

<O:p<O:pWe got past that bump in the road or so I thought. Then she kept asking me to get into doing the Slumber Parties with her. I tried to get people interested in Slumber but realized that it isn’t and wasn’t for me. I applaud Lisa for being so successful in her career. I had no doubt she would be and will most likely become the HIGHEST seller they have ever had. CONGRATULATIONS in advance Lisa. You will have more than earned that title.

All I can say about being a Moderator is DO NOT have friends who are as explosive as Lisa while trying to do your job. I have called her on several occasions to talk about her posts. I have asked her on several occasions to NOT post something and she said “TOO LATE”. I have asked her to let things just go and she has said to me that she will post what she wants when she wants and isn’t backing down from a good fight no matter what.

She never asked me to NOT moderate her posts. Who has the control over the board then if ONE member dictates who can moderate whom?<O:p

I will abide by whatever the other Moderators and Alex (whom I told a few days before all this mess started about my involvement) decide to do.

Again I apologize.<O:p