Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 cc band

Who has a 10cc band and how much of a fill do you have?

I have 7.5 cc and minor restriction.. I think once I get to 8-8.5 I should be good...

I have 7 cc's. I feel some restriction but don't feel its enough. I am scheduled for another fill in 2 weeks and hope to up to 8 - 8.5. The post-op councellor at the clinic where I had my surgery said that the average level for maximum restriction is 9 cc's.

Carol

Goodness, I feel like the odd man out. I have a 10cc and just got my second fill two weeks ago. I am now at 2 and have major restriction and am loving it. For the first time, I truly understand what restriction feels like. I can't imagine being at 8 or 9. :D

Susan ~ I bet you have the same band I do, the 10 CM band. It holds 4 cc's. I'm pretty sure the Vanguard is the one that holds the 10 cc's. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. The Vanguard is the largest band that Inamed markets.

I have a 10cc band and it is filled to 4.5 and I can definately FEEL it for the first time almost, but not complaining because I can hardly eat anything. Really don't want to because it seems to keep getting stuck right now anyway.

I had my surgery in May of 2006 and have a 10cc band. It is now filled with 6 cc. I feel like I can eat almost anything I want and almost how much I want. I do get full, but eat a whole meal (steak or whatever) The first day that I got my second fill, I ate rice and it got stuck!!! OUCH! Ok, since then, I have been able to eat whatever I want!! This is not how this is suppossed to work. Isn't 6 cc a lot????

Hi,

I have 10cc band and only one cc in and I got my first fill today (after 4,5months after surgery) and the doctor said that it was a last one for a long time,cause she doesnt like to give fills cause once the weight loss stops there are no more options if the the band is filled.

so restriction or no restriction Im not getting any fills anytime soon:-( Im so mad, isnt the band supposed to be filled so you HAVE some restriction and dont have to rely on your discipline only????

If you have to rely on discipline what's the reason for spending 20,000 dollars? Seems to me your doctor must of misunderstood you or you him.

I get fills every month and have the 11cc VG band I am currantly at 4.75 now and can feel that things get stuck very easy. I don't know that I feel full because it is such a pain in the butt to eat that I just quit before I feel any kind of restriction. I would love to know if that is the way it should be or what? I would love to feel full instead of just scared to eat anymore for fear of getting it stuck.

I have 6.3 cc's in the 11 cc Vanguard band and have some restriction but not enough. I was good for about 3 weeks after the 3rd fill but the last fill of 0.3 cc's really didn't do a thing.