Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Chronicles of Cloe!!!!!

Well, I had to go back in the pages to find my thread. How sad is THAT:( !! Anyway, just thought I'd update you on my life, :bored :bored :bored ....ya, kinda boring. Oh well, read about me anyway....lol.

The Christmas junk food is finally out of my house, and I'm sitting at about 265-266, so I'm almost back to 264, geesh!! Doubt I'll hit my goal this month.:phanvan

My oldest daughter is still living with her dumb-ass boyfriend, apparently she wants to be a doormat a little longer.:)

Lambing starts again this Monday for 10 days, hopefully I'll work and shiver my butt off a little, lose a few more pounds:flock: (why are the sheep green?).

Green, I'm coming to stay at the Royal York at the end of February for 3 days. Usually we stay at the Sheraton. I usually do all my shopping underground between the Sheraton, Royal York and Eaton's Centre. This year I want to come out from underground and visit some neat shops and restaurants. Can you suggest some, within walking distance, that is???

Thanks for reading about my boring life. I'm still working on those pic's, I just cannot seem to remember how I made them small enough last time, Ahhhh!!!!!!

:flock: (why are the sheep green?).

Ahhhh!!!!!!

You should ask cloe why the sheep are green, she's our sheep exper....wait a minute,YOURE cloe! oh maybe we could ask GREEN why the sheep are green!:)

AHEM AHEM....aaaahhhheeeeM....

*Yoda stands on soap box*.

....and what, praytell is wrong with being Greeeeen?????? All of THE bestest and wisest carrier's of the Force are green, I remind you, I dooooo.

...oh yeah and tks for the update Cloe.....all interesting......

good luck with the lambing.....(them poor buggers!)....

AHEM AHEM....aaaahhhheeeeM....

*Yoda stands on soap box*.

....and what, praytell is wrong with being Greeeeen?????? All of THE bestest and wisest carrier's of the Force are green, I remind you, I dooooo.

Green is good.........:)

Cloe, it is great to get an update on your goings on! I was fortunate in that I didn't bring any crap in the house for Christmas, but my work was a different story....then...I got in my car yesterday and out of the corner of my eye I saw a box of chocolates that someone had given me for Christmas. I had been having a brutal sugar craving for about an hour previous to that so I decided to have one. I had one, bit into it and spit it out! Gross yes, but I am proud of myself.

Sounds like you are doing well losing. I have gained a few since going back on solids. I am being more careful now.

Kids...what can I say. I wish we could control them forever, or just be able to turn off a switch so that our hearts wouldn't break when they make mistakes.:faint:

As for green sheep...I don't know, all I can think of is that they might be moldy....:)

Keep up the great progress...you are doing awesome!

heheheh....moldy!!! The special ingredient at the Cloe Sheep Ranch!!!

Yeah Green....don't forget to give Cloe some recommendations....I think I kinda got off her topic there!!!

Forgive me Cloe!!

:focus:

Green.......recommendations???????

My favourite places for walking and browsing and shopping are along Queen Street West - I like to start at University Avenue and then walk west for quite a long distance - and the Bloor Street West area, including Yorkville and the Manulife Centre. There is some very good eating on Bloor past between Spadina and Bathurst and there is Book City which is one of my favourite discount bookstores. On that strip of Bloor Street you will find a number of Japanese restaurants, a good Thai restaurant near Bathurst (on the north side of Bloor) and a great Lebanese restaurant, Laila, on the south side of Bloor. If you walk further west the street gets a little less interesting but there are a lot of Korean restaurants and if you walk far enough west you come to my street which is just past Dufferin Avenue.;)

There is also a store that sells stuff, including some pretty neat silver jewellery, from around the world. This store is also on the north side of the street. I forget the name but you can easily recognize it by all the neat stuff in the window.

The rich part of Bloor Street is the part just west of Yonge. It is fun to walk around in order to window shop. And window shopping is what it is since none of those stores cater to anyone other than wealthy normos. Even the Winners on that strip doesn't have a plus size department. I did buy a great pair of boots and a fabulous bag there, though. There is, however, a Hudson's Bay on the north east corner of Bloor and Yonge.

Queen Street West is interesting. When you walk past Bathurst Street the street becomes a weird mix of ugliness and furniture stores; some of these sell trendy modern furniture, some antiques, and some sell furniture from exotic places. My favourite store is Jalan - they sell exotic stuff - and over the years I have bought a lot of stuff from them.

Down on Queen Street West you will also find a lot of clothing stores for young people, for Goths, etc.

If, when you are walking along Queen Street, you turn south on Spadina and start walking towards the lake you will find a Winners' store. I am a real fan of these stores. They are great for recreational shopping. You never know what you will find on sale and the pickings seem to vary store by store.

Getting to all these areas is actually really easy. The core of Toronto is a grid. A subway runs up Yonge and another runs along Bloor. All the other street names I have mentioned are subway stops: either streetcars or busses run from these stops. To make proper use of the system it is crucial that you get a transfer after paying your fare. In the subway stations there are transfer machines which are found on the other side of the entrance just after you pay your fare. On streetcars and busses you have to ask the driver.

If you want to meet up with me or if you have any questions, let me know.:)

Oh, and then there is Chinatown, another neat place.

Hi everyone!!

Yoda...............Hmmmmmmmmmm, wellllll yaaaaaa your forgiven:) !!

Astrotoes, our breed of sheep are called Rideau-Arcotts, they are known for having mutiple lambs and out-of-season breeding.:huggie:

Green, I swear, my husband never goes near the computer. But he walked past and saw the words exotic stuff and he's like, whoa, whats that about. I'm like it says exotic, not erotic stuff!!! So now he's saying, Oooooo ask her where the REALLY GOOD shops are. You may have to PM me with that info. God, I'm so sorry!!:nervous

Anyway, thank you for the info. I'm making a promise to myself to come up from underground. I say that every year, then I get to scared. I'm afraid of freaks or maybe I'll get shot, I dunno. But I'm going to make myself go walk around. Thanks again!!!;)

:update: .......Okay, had to go to the docter today for a physical. She was totally impressed with my weight-loss. I think that is the first time ever, I didnt dread getting on their scale.

But, 2 new NSV's

-my blood pressure went from 147/94 to 125/73!!!! Woo Hoo!!!

-my doc cut my asthma medication from 250 mg to 125 mg!!! Woo Hoo!!!

ummmmm Cloe....errrrr....not to burst your bubble or anything but ahhhh, in TO there are JUST as many "freaks" underground as there are above ground!!! Perhaps even more because of the colder weather. Seriously!! So, if you can handle it underground you'll be just fine atop as well!!!

ya silly girl!

Listen to Yoda Cloe, come into the light. Call Green she will help you out. That was great news from the doctor's, my blood pressure was down at my last dr. visit also, and he took one of my pills away, it is a great feeling to know that losing the weight is helping us to get healthy. :clap2: :clap2:

Maria :huggie: