Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know twin mums love these stories.. But! I have a friend who had 2 put back in her late thirties and had twins. Early forties she went back and said, just 1 please! --- transferred one and the egg split!! Haha she has a pair of frats and a pair of ID's. Needless to say, she is all done now!

Does that mean you could have up to 6? ;)

I hate to laugh but that's funny! A huge part of why we put off our transfer so long was the very real knowledge that we could get more than one. I had a lady tell me once never to put back more than you'd want back, plus one. So if you put back three, mentally prepare for four. She felt this way because after having twins from a transfer of three, they had a set of triplets from a transfer of two. One of the embryos split and she got another surprise! Needless to say, she was done, too!

I did wind up transferring three but they were my last embryos and my clinic wouldn't freeze a single. I just felt like I couldn't destroy one and transfer only two, so I had them put all three. I'll take whatever I get, and even if it's challenging at first I'm sure we'll hit our stride eventually!

~Cheri

Yes, I can understand not being able to choose 2 and leave 1 behind so to speak.

And you are so right, whatever hardship it is in the beginning is way more overshadowed by the sheer joy of that special bond!!

Love love love twin giggles!

Congrats on your pregnancy!! Such a blessing.

Congrats!!! I'm also having this surgery with the hope of having a successful IVF pregnancy after. Also scheduled 7/27. I'm a mom to an awesome baby through adoption and I'd love to give her a sibling.

So happy to hear a success story!

Congrats to you my lovely friend... such great news! It has really cheered me up! Make sure you look after yourself and stay safe! I'm over the moon for you x

Congratulations and please keep us posted!! Can't wait to find out if you're having triplets!

Wonderful news! My fingers and toes are crossed for you.

Sent from my iPad using VST

How did your beta numbers look? High enough for twins?

Man, I've heard so many triplet jokes in the past two weeks I swear I'm already mentally prepared for three!

So, my betas are pretty inconclusive. Reason being, I have no basis of comparison as this is my first frozen cycle.

My beta at 12dp3dt (or 15dpo) was 306 and at 14dp3dt (or 17dpo) it was 1095. So the doubling time is around 26 hours, and they expect 48-72 hours for doubling.

Many FET cycles result in lower betas (I expected a number between 50-170 for my first beta), but there are those "oddballs" that get normal fresh cycle numbers even on a frozen cycle. Since this is my first and only frozen, I have no idea if I'm an oddball or not.

But I will say that my clinic was concerned enough that it might be more than one that they insisted I do an ultrasound between 5 and 6 weeks instead of between 7 and 8 weeks like usual. So, I've scheduled one for Monday the 30th. We'll see what we find!

My gut still says more than one but it really could be one super healthy baby in there. And yes, I'm on the very fringe of the triplet possibility, too, based upon other women's stats I've found. So there is absolutely no telling until ultrasound.

I swear I'll update as soon as we know. :)

~Cheri

Oh, and I wanted to add, I guess as a method of accountability, that I'm currently weighing between 134-142, a much bigger range than usual. I blame the hormones and I'll be on them for another four weeks. My size sixes all fit comfortably everywhere except my very middle. I'm actually insanely bloated and look like I have a pregnant belly already, even though it's not possible that my uterus is that large yet. I mean, one baby would be the size of a sesame seed, and even three sesame seeds don't expand a belly like this! It's purely hormones and my body preparing, but I thought I'd put it out there so everyone knows where I'm at. Maybe I'll start a pregnancy journal thread or something for the women that are TTC or thinking about it, so they know what I'm experiencing.

Anyway, that is all. I will definitely post the u/s picture and a picture of my rapidly expanding waistline on Monday. ~CK

Whew, net gain is finally back at zero. The bloat thing is nuts! One day I look a few months pregnant, the next I look pretty close to normal. I have hormone shots for four more weeks, though, so I should get used to it.

I still see a crazy fluctuation on the scale but most days I'm within my normal range so I'm not counting it. It's crazy, though! Up four pounds overnight, down six pounds the next day...if I was in the losing phase I'd have lost my mind and tossed the scale out the window already!

Ultrasound is Monday and it can't come fast enough. I'm nervous and it's even more nerve wracking that we might not even see much. A lot is based upon this ultrasound, because I'm in a remote location with no real medical support. It doesn't help that our international medical team in London is absolutely freaked out that a woman with a history of multiples is pregnant here. I think they'd evacuate me tomorrow if it were up to them! It's kind of silly, because most women would only just be discovering they were pregnant at this point.

I'll update Monday evening, my time.

~Cheri

Exciting!!!! Congratulations!! Look forward to the update!!

How was your ultrasound?

Ultrasound wasn't fully conclusive. We saw what might be empty sacs or what might turn into additional babies. There was one very healthy little one with a heartbeat (before six weeks!) and I was very happy and relieved to see that. I'm due for a repeat ultrasound at eight weeks. At that point we should see everything there is to see and be able to say for sure what we've got. Six weeks is VERY early for an ultrasound, and the equipment in Bishkek isn't exactly state of the art.

With my twins (now four), we saw one at seven weeks and two at nine weeks. So I'm not going to announce anything for sure until we get that next ultrasound.

Fingers crossed for one, but I'll be thankful for whatever I have.

~Cheri