Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay, it's just two pounds but MAN! I've been maintaining with almost no effort and now that I've done my first hormone shot the scale already bumped up on me. I'm a little concerned about starting all of the estrogen and progesterone in a few weeks.

Oh well. I'm doing a frozen embryo transfer sometime in very early July. We had five embryos frozen from our IVF cycle in 2007 that gave us our twins. I'm excited but also very anxious. I wonder if everyone that chooses to get pregnant after surgery feels this way? I mean, I hit goal, why am I trying to have another baby now? I'm worried I'll get fat again, that I'll stay fat, that I'll start to feel insecure about my body again...ugh. And then I worry because

In any case, if anyone else is doing fertility treatments or just trying to get pregnant, chime in and keep me company.

~Cheri

How about you try to lose a little weight before you get pregnant. If I decide to have another child I plan on losing 10 pounds prior.

I've been trying since goal to shed a few more - my idea was to initially set goal at the highest weight I could be with a normal BMI and revise lower later. It took 17 months to get to that goal, though, and nothing I've done since then has done anything to drop more pounds. All my efforts have done is redistribute the same weight. I'm maintaining easily but I will not lose anything else, I think. I'm VERY thin under my excess skin with bones jutting out everywhere. There simply isn't much left to lose.

And at this point, I'm already IN the cycle. No losing now! I'm on the hormones and trying to keep more active than usual to counteract them. They really do pack on the pounds if you aren't careful!

~Cheri

Hey Cheri,

I get this completely but for different reasons... I am perimenopausal and the HRT Patches I was in, I am sure, was a contributing factor to my huge stall and massive weight fluctuations... I could go up 5lbs in 24-48 hours. I am now on HRT tablets and although it has only been a week of taking them, I feel better.

I wish you all the very best with the IVF treatment... and as far as the weight goes, you know you will be able to shed whatever you gain during the treatment and pregnancy. Like you said, there isn't much of you left to lose now, so that is a really good place to start with!

Keep us updated on your progress... hugs to you my friend x

Waiting for my period to show before I move onto the next step. Doesn't it figure that when I actually WANT to start I'm a little late?

Is anyone else actively trying to conceive right now?

Coops, you rock. Thank you for the reassurance. The couple-a pounds fell off already but I'm sure they'll be back once I start the estrogen next week. :)

~Cheri

Happy to report my weight has stabilized, but even with the scale saying the right numbers I just feel swollen and bloated. Probably from the hormones.

We did our transfer on the 5th and just need to wait until the 16th for the first blood test. I probably won't make it that far. I'll definitely take a HPT before my blood test. This is our last shot, so I'm a little more anxious than I was last time.

~Cheri

Cheri I am pre-surgery (date is July 27), but we are doing the surgery at the recommendation of my RE. Thanks for sharing your journey because it is extremely motivating. I packed on 28 pound from all of the hormones during our previous iui cycles, so I feel your pain there! It is for a great cause though!

How many embryos did you transfer?

Ugh, those hormones are a complete pain! Literally!!

We transferred three frozen three days. All were in great shape, fully thawed and eight cells. They were the last we had and I didn't feel right discarding one. So we took the risk and put them all back.

The good news is that despite the fact that I feel a bit bloated in the middle (darn progesterone in oil) I have actually LOST weight this cycle. That did not happen last time. I packed on 20 pounds during my fresh IVF w/ICSI cycle in 2007. I'm only down four pounds but the extra two I had gained plus four more have come off, putting me under goal weight for the time being.

So there's hope for you once you guys start cycling again that you won't pack on like prior to surgery. Maybe it's that I no longer have all those excess hormones stored in my fat cells? I have no idea.

I'll update with my results once I know. I did a HPT today (7dp3dt) and got a very faint, barely there, gotta tilt the test to see it line. I really am unconvinced, so I'm going to re-test on Saturday and then my blood test is on Tuesday.

I hated it when my docs told me losing weight would help me get pregnant. It felt like judgement and yet another person blaming my weight for my problems. And yes, I did experience success even when I was obese and carry to term with a mostly complication free pregnancy. That said, this cycle has been much easier on my body. Not just because it's a frozen cycle but because I really am healthier and (I hope!) more fertile.

Best of luck to you guys. Really! I hope you'll see great success after your VSG and follow it up with a nice, healthy pregnancy. Tiffykins and some other ladies here also waited to lose a bit before TTC, so you're not alone.

~Cheri

Praying for you! Let us know how it goes!

Pregnant! :)

Betas (blood tests) on Tuesday and Thursday, which should give an indication of how it's going but I'm putting off the ultrasound until I'm in the states in August. I have a hunch it's more than one again.

~Cheri

Betas (blood tests) on Tuesday and Thursday' date=' which should give an indication of how it's going but I'm putting off the ultrasound until I'm in the states in August. I have a hunch it's more than one again.

~Cheri[/quote']

Yay! So u have multiples already and want multiples again? No intonation there, just curious!

I have 2 yr old ID boys :)

Betas (blood tests) on Tuesday and Thursday' date=' which should give an indication of how it's going but I'm putting off the ultrasound until I'm in the states in August. I have a hunch it's more than one again.

~Cheri[/quote']

Wow!!!! Congrats

~Cheri[/quote']

Congrats on your pregnancy! A baby or babies is/are always such a blessing. I hope you have a healthy, complication free pregnancy.

I've read another thread and answered my own question, you had a twin pregnancy in 2007! Fantastic!

Enjoy your pregnancy! Can't wait to hear 1,2 or 3 on board!!

Yay! So u have multiples already and want multiples again? No intonation there, just curious!

I have 2 yr old ID boys :)

Congrats on your boys! I'd actually LOVE to experience "just" one baby. My two were easy, amazing babies but kinda evil toddlers. They had the supertwin power of destruction. :) Now that they'll be five this fall it's back to fun again, but they still have their moments. I have a boy and a girl.

This time, just like last time, I can't shake that feeling that there's more than one but whatever I have in there I'm hoping for a healthy, safe pregnancy.

~Cheri