Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are July Sleevers doing to pass the time? I have another month left for the end of the year and I don't know what to do. I was told not to start my pre-op liquid diet yet , I have not a clue as to what to do while waiting? I am hearing all these numbers about percentage of weightloss after surgery do you know is the wightloss percentage 30% 50% less or more?

Hi my date is July 10th and I'm so ready too! It's practically all I can think about. I've had my date since march, and the months feel like they're going so slowly! I'm a teacher, so I chose to wait until the summer so I could have a nice long time to recover and get usedc to my new life. I've been trying to get heathier by working out 4-5 times a week and making some of the dietary changes now. I think I'm going to start replacing one of my meals with a Protein Shake now so it won't be so hard when I start the preop liquid diet. Besides that, I just come here and read a lot of posts to see how it's going for everyone. July can't get here soon enough!

KS Dallas, I am a day before you and I am worried that I am a bit obsessed right now. I am grateful that I have a super busy schedule until then; perhaps that will help the time to move more quickly. You are very fortunate that you will have several weeks to recuperate. Right now, I plan to return to work after eight days. I am currently taking off vacation time, but I might switch that to sick time.

ChristyLove, I also was told not to begin the pre-diet yet. I thought it would help me to get into practice and help me to jumpstart my weight loss, but my coordinator said they don't want me to do that because I might be tempted to cheat later. I get it.

In response to your question, the statistics I have seen indicate that people should expect to lose 75-80 percent of their excess weight, although many people clearly exceed that.

Hey there...I'm new to this site & just have been confirmed for a date of 7/15/12. I'm really excited, scared & nervous! Glad to see ter are other July sleeves, nice to meet you all, I'm Sharnae!

I just wanted to created a topic where I can talk to some July sleevers and find out what they are doing to pass time. I am also excited and nervous. Stay in touch sharnae.

mine is July 2nd. I'm nervous about some things, disappointed at some of the people that wont support me, but overall extremely excited. I can't wait for July 2nd to be here! I stay busy at work so I don't think about it much there. but it's constantly on my mind when i'm at home. my boyfriend keeps me busy so it's not too bad. i've become obsessed with this website though. :P

My surgery is July 18th so I have some time. Until then I'm supposed to be following a low carb, high Protein diet. However, I have a ton of food in my cabinets that I need to fix and get rid of so I'm continuing in moderation while cleaning out my pantry.

I've also begun working out at the local gym.

Other than that, I check the forums and keep on living!

Hey, - if anyone is interested - I created a FB group just for us July 2012 sleevers! It's a good easy way to stay in touch..

http://www.facebook.com/groups/sleevers0712

thanks for the offer patrick, but my Facebook people don't even know i'm doing this. i stopped telling people i'm having it done.

Hi everyone I am sure I will be getting sleeved next month....I just don't know what day! I too am beginning to be obsessed with this sight!!! I am excited and nervous....and to the comment about people not accepting your decision I am getting that from alot!

Site I meant stupid iPhone auto correct...I am on here more than Fb now!

Hi Patrick. Is it a secret group?

I could make it secret, so you'd have to PM me your email on here, and I could add you as a member.

Hi everyone I am sure I will be getting sleeved next month....I just don't know what day! I too am beginning to be obsessed with this sight!!! I am excited and nervous....and to the comment about people not accepting your decision I am getting that from alot!

Yes that is the plan for me July 3rd Hope insurance approves.

July 3rd Hope insurance approves.