Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whats for Dinner?

Didn't anyone like my fish!?!?!?

OK, here's a good weekend one.

Take some boneless, skinless Turkey breasts, and pound them until they are really flat.

Now, in a bowl, mix feta cheese, thawed, and strained frozen chopped spinach, chopped greek olives and some fresh crushed garlic.

Spread the cheese mix on the turkey, and then roll it up and tie with cooking string.

Lightly brown the turkey in olive oil, and then transfer to a roasting pan with white wine, rosemary, fresh chopped basil, and a little more olive oil, and bake at 375 until cooked through.

Slice the "rolls" and serve with a nice greek salad, or over rice pilaf.

The fish recipe I probably wouldn't make but this recipe sounds off the hook. Your recipes sound like you'd be on food network.

Eeekgad, olives... I'm Greek and I can't stand the f***ers.

But here is something I make that doesn't require olives:

Boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half width-wise.

Open 'em up and stuff them with delicacies of your choice. I use:

Butter shavings

Garlic

Asiago cheese

Salt

Oregano

Spinach

Then sew them up, wrap in foil with another small butter pat & some seasoned salt, and grill.

Solid happiness, baby.

Well, tonight is the first time Ive had people over for dinner since banding. UGH...I cooked a huge meal..BBQ pork loin ( homemade spicy BBQ Sauce cooked 8 hours slowlyyyyy), stir fryed veggies, homemade bread and homegrown blackberry cobbler...and promptly overate. Im not sick..and I didnt go crazy...but..Im way full. I remembered to eat protien first and I opted to eat a few pieces of potatoe instead of bread. I guess it could have been worse...but..ugh..I feel a total loss of control and bloated to the hilt...someone shoot me. lol :hungry: :help:

I made a rub of Cajun seasoning and Splenda brown sugar blend. I rubbed this into turkey cutlets and then sauteed them in a bit of oil in a nonstick skillet. It only takes a couple of minutes of cooking per side. I fixed this last night and my family was STILL talking about them this a.m.

Tonight is taco salad: taco meat, lf cheese, light sour cream, salsa, black olives, diced veggies (peppers, red onion, scallions, etc.). I don't always use lettuce...the veggies are heartier and have more nutritional value. :hungry:

I made a really good dinner last night I wanted to share.

I boiled up some penne Pasta

I steamed some frozen brocolli and then put it in the blender and pureed it

I took a square baking dish and layered the following:

The cooked Pasta, followed by sliced cheddar cheese, then the brocolli puree, then a package of soy nuggets (fake chicken nuggets), then over the top I poured on a bunch of mushroom broth (the recipe I altered was for chicken divan and called for cream of mushroom Soup but all I had was broth)

I baked it at 375 for 30 minutes. It was sooooooooooo sooo good.

I also made sauteed cauliflower with garlic, tons of fresh ground pepper, salt, and paprika done in butter. Yummmmmm.

It was a great dinner.< /p>

This is one of my DH's fav's!

Chili-chicken Stew

Recipe By :

Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:15

Categories : Main Dish

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

-------- ------------ --------------------------------

3 chicken breast without skin -- cubed

1 cup chopped onion

1 cup chopped green pepper

2 cloves garlic -- minced

2 14.5 oz pinto Beans -- drained

2 15 oz stewed tomatoes

3/4 cup picante sauce

1 teaspoon chili powder

1 teaspoon ground cumin

Cook chicken, onions, green pepper and garlic in dutch oven until chicken is no longer pink. Add remining ingredients and smiier for at least 20 minutes.

Yield:

"1 cup"

Start to Finish Time:

"1:00"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 333 Calories; 2g Fat (4.6% calories from fat); 29g Protein; 51g Carbohydrate; 18g Dietary Fiber; 34mg Cholesterol; 185mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat.

Serving Ideas : Optional Toppings: Shredded cheese, green oinions slices, diced avocado or sour cream.

My husband wanted tacos....and he cooked them tonight :rolleyes:

I have been trying to stay away from carbs, so I had like 2 big tablespoons of the taco meat, No tortilla, and FF refried Beans with some lowfat cheese and 2 slices of tomatoes.

(ok....and about 7 corn chips)

Im a sucker for the crunchy stuff.

Was yummy and now I feel very full.

Everyone else ate green chile smothered burritos, I ate a bowl of the burrito filling with extra sour cream, and I ate that one bite too much, and feel it still....someday I will learn!!!

Kat