Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is Apple Juice Bad?

My Dr says 100% apple juice is good for us , because it healthy any 100% juice is for that matter,we cant eat to much of the natural stuff cuz we need to focus on protien, so hes all for it, I drank it for a long time with Water ,but I just got tired of it,might go back to it later.

My Dr says 100% apple juice is good for us , because it healthy any 100% juice is for that matter,we cant eat to much of the natural stuff cuz we need to focus on protien, so hes all for it, I drank it for a long time with Water ,but I just got tired of it,might go back to it later.

My NUT says absolutely NO juices of any kind they are to high in sugar. She said if we want something like juice to use the oceanspray diet cranberry,cranapple,or crangrape.

crystal light gives me headaches. I make Koolaide with splenda. A trick to get off juices since they are high in calories is to mix it with Water. Our peditrician said it wasn't healthy for kids to drink more than 4oz a day and Adults should be around 8 oz. It is your choice but helpful advice since you asked is not meant to burden but uplift you. :) I need help in other areas like ice cream. I had to stop eating full fat sugar and switch to low carb.

crystal light gives me headaches. I make Koolaide with splenda. A trick to get off juices since they are high in calories is to mix it with Water. Our peditrician said it wasn't healthy for kids to drink more than 4oz a day and Adults should be around 8 oz. It is your choice but helpful advice since you asked is not meant to burden but uplift you. :) I need help in other areas like ice cream. I had to stop eating full fat sugar and switch to low carb.

Thanks love, i just meant with my nut yesterday and juice is fine just needs to be diluted. I love juice and dont want to give it up for the rest of my life. My nut says as long as its diluted i can always drink it. Thank you for your advice. [= try laughing cow ice cream its low fat and still tastes good.

-d'andra

You should try the recipe for Protein ice cream from egg face I hear it's pretty good!

MIO has PROPYLENE GLYCOL the same ingredient as ANTI FREEZE.

It's sort of like people saying that blood thinners are Rat Poison. They have it backwards. One way to poison animals is to give them blood thinners in high dose but that has nothing to do with the use of the same chemical in an appropriate dose as a medical treatment. The poison is in the dose.

Propylene Glycol is not poisonous but is used in a lot of foods. It is an anti-freeze but it's nothing like the Ethylene Glycol used in most automotive anti-freeze. You could drink raw propylene glycol and not harm yourself a bit. I believe that high doses are used to cleanse the colon prior to a colonoscopy. The literally give it to you by the gallon.

Isn't there also Water in the Fluid? I could be wrong but just sayin...

Just to add, I personally love apple juice, and I saw where someone else had mentioned a brand sweetened,with Splenda, it sounded expensive.

However, Walmart has their store brand of apple juice, next to all the other juices and it is already a little watered down but sweetened with Splenda. It was $2.86 for a gallon and really delicious!!

A few days out I would drink almost anything that tastes good! Leaning too heavily towards no-calorie drinks will cause you to not have any energy because you're probably eating very little food. I was an apple juice junkie for a while and it really helped me. (BTW, I'm 102 pounds down from my original weight so I must be doing something right!).

A few days out I would drink almost anything that tastes good! Leaning too heavily towards no-calorie drinks will cause you to not have any energy because you're probably eating very little food. I was an apple juice junkie for a while and it really helped me. (BTW, I'm 102 pounds down from my original weight so I must be doing something right!).

I would agree that leaning towards no-calories drinks can cause you to not have any energy. However, most of us have food addictions and since we can't go cold turkey on food, I try to always counsel people that if you can avoid calories through your choices, your chances of success increase. The sleeve is not a guarantee and we have to make lifestyle changes to succeed. Some people can handle the exceptions and some can't.

They have a new apple juice where one 8ounce cup is 5cal. Forgot the brand tho.

I was told not to drink any juice because of acid and sugar content, but if I wanted a little bit, dilute it with Water. I personally can't see using my calaries and carbs on juice, so I never drink any juice anymore.

If you like apple juice you might try diluting it half and half with Water. I haven't had surgery yet but I've read that suggestion as just a general weight loss suggestion for everyone. Apple juice is so sweet I can barely drink it without diluting it.

My staple fruit juice is Old Orchard Healthy Balance. I use it to dissolve fiber/laxative in, as needed.

8 fl oz:

25 calories

0 fat

0 cholesterol

60mg potassium

5g carb

0 Protein

At our local grocery store which is one of the more expensive ones, a 64oz bottle is usually priced around $2.50 but they're frequently on sale 2/$3, and coupons.com often has $1 0ff coupons. I don't consider $2.50 for juice expensive, tho - I buy it whenever. (IMO)

hb-apple-64oz-shadow-300x548.jpg