Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any foods you can never eat again???

Hi gang,

Ive been banded for 3 months on the 5th of Sept. I have trouble with almost anything. Somedays I can eat o.k. and the next day the exact same foods will get stuck. i have not had any fills yet. I cannot touch bread, meat, Pasta, etc. mushies seem to be the only thing that goes down easily. I have lost weight exceptionally fast. In less than 3 months I have lost about 45 lbs. I'm not bragging I just wonder if this is normal? Most everyone I know who has been banded has not lost that fast. also they do not seem to get stuck the way I do. I wonder about my band slipping? I can drink anything fine for the most part. Does anyone know

the signs of slippage? I am not planning on worrying to much because of the quick results. I figure "you gotta suffer for beauty!" Ha.. any way if anyone would like to offer ideas it would be great. i don't want to live without my band ever again. I hope it is not slipped!:phanvan

Thanks,

Lorrie:)

The only thing I couldn't eat is raw carrot. I can only east very small quantities of bread or Pasta and I have to be very careful with meat, eat slowly and chew very well but overall I can eat everything.

Hi Lorrie,

As long as you haven't noticed a dramatic change in your restriction, I am sure your band is fine. Usually with a slip (from what I have read..) ppl either arent' able to keep their own saliva down or swallow Water or they suddenly are able to eat everything in site whereas before they were tight. As far as not being able to eat meat and sticking to only soft foods I would be concerned. Not now b/c you are doing excellent and still losing but do you really want to be living on only soft foods forever? Once you get to your goal weight then will you still eat only the foods you can tolerate? Maybe you could get a little saline removed and that would help you get more meats and Proteins down. I do PB too from time to time and it does scare me that it will cause my band to slip BUT if I could never eat meats and other solids i would want to get a teeny tiny bit out to see if that helps. Sometimes just alittle bit can make all the difference in the world. But CONGRATS on your superb weight loss. If you are ok doing what you are doing then I would say keep it up b/c whatever it is it seems to be working great!

~Liz~

241/169/160

5'7''

Thanks for the encouraging words Liz, The thing is I have never had a fill!

I guess I'm still in the learn as you go phase. I have been leaning mostly on soft foods because they do not hurt. It's hard to want to eat things that have caused pain in the past-- but I no that nutritionaly I have to do something.

my favorite fast food is wendys chili--never had a problem with it--low fat/high protein/great fiber/veggies it is noiw the only fst food i eat...and mandarin orange segment for dessert if ther is room. banded 6/13/06 down 40 lbs as of this am....i love my band

Hey, has anyone else had problems w/ apples? I don't know why, but the only 2 times that I've ever felt sick were just after eating an apple (or not even the whole thing)! I was just wondering if this was a common occurrance b/c I'm new to the band (8/12) and also from NY and we have great apples this time of year = )

It is wierd, but I can't eat anything that is thick and gooey. That includes things like guacamole and cottage cheese. Tomatoes won't go down, either.

I just found out that I cant do broccoli, even if it is cooked to mush. I was stuck bad the only 2 times I have eaten it. I guess if I really want broccoli, I will puree it and mix it into mashed potatoes.

I can eat anything, but some things are harder than others. I avoid corn.

I just found out that I cant do broccoli, even if it is cooked to mush. I was stuck bad the only 2 times I have eaten it. I guess if I really want broccoli, I will puree it and mix it into mashed potatoes.

I make a killer broccoli cheese Soup, if you'd like the recipe.

I forgot, I will never have MILK or carbination again. My Dr says drinking milk is off limits and the carbination streches the pouch. For me it sucks cause I did love my Coors light :)

Never more than 6 grams of sugar in a serving either.

ITS WORTH IT TO ME :D

Why can't you have milk? If it weren't for my 2 servings of skim milk each day, I don't know how I would get my Protein.