Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

Bjean - I just went through the same thing. Finally had that unfill a little over a week ago and wonders immediate relief. Can't say the scale started moving any lower but atleast I could sleep without practically sitting up. And I'm no longer on the prowl for foods that I can keep down.

Texrose575: Glad your surgery went well. Be patient the weight will come off! You're in for a grand adventure!

BJean: So glad you're feeling better. I bet you'll be losing more now with the proper restriction and the exercise that you're doing. Congratulations!

TexRose: Hope your surgery went well!

Mimin: Please keep us informed on your lower body lift. 20 more pounds and I'm going to get one! Are you going to start a separate thread?

Sorry I haven't been on here in a while. I've been very busy! I'm a grandmother now. My son had a little boy 2 weeks agon and I've been nursing the momma and helping out. It's so exciting. I'm in love. I'm going to try and attach a picture: Okay, I will have to go to photobucket and size it and then I'll attach a picture of the cutest little baby ever!

Congrats Karey!! Where is the picture?? I just LOVE babies... Not enough to have one of my own but I love everyone elses!! :)

I really had not thought about starting a thread about my LBL, I just might. I am very excited and am not too nervous just yet. The time is draggggiiiiinnnnng, still 7 weeks to go, blech!

Mimin: I hope you start a thread about you LBL. How did you know when it was the right to time to have one? I know that sounds like a silly question, but several threads have talked about how you don't need to be a goal weight, that the LBL actually takes off some weight and helps to speed up your metabolism. Have you heard this? I'm about 20 pounds from goal and really want to get a LBL before my daughters wedding in May. I'm not sure I'm going to make it, because the weight is really coming off slowly now. I now you have been awesome with your weight lose. I'm just wondering why you decided to do it now. Thanks.

Mimin: I hope you start a thread about you LBL. How did you know when it was the right to time to have one? I know that sounds like a silly question, but several threads have talked about how you don't need to be a goal weight, that the LBL actually takes off some weight and helps to speed up your metabolism. Have you heard this? I'm about 20 pounds from goal and really want to get a LBL before my daughters wedding in May. I'm not sure I'm going to make it, because the weight is really coming off slowly now. I now you have been awesome with your weight lose. I'm just wondering why you decided to do it now. Thanks.

Hey Karey,

I knew from day one I would need something and have been planning it from the beginning. I decided shortly after I had my breast augmentation that in the fall I would get a LBL. I had stopped losing and have been fighting the same 10lbs on and off that I just decided it was time. Bottom line: I am not a patient person, although I should wait I want to have a bikini bod next year and not be wrapped in support garments so I am diving in!

I have heard that it increases your metabolism and a lot of LBL patients experience additional weightloss after the surgery. You will also lose a bunch from the surgery. For me it is an estimated 8-10lbs of skin and flab. However, my surgeon did tell me the smaller I am, the better my results. I am trying my hardest to lose another 10lbs before surgery. I bought a bodybugg and am back on track but the dang scale is not moving! My body likes where it is I guess, lol. I had to put my surgery off a month (had hoped for 10/30) because of work obligations but that gives another month to lose whatever I can.

It is a very personal choice when the right time is, if you think you should wait then I would wait. You may want to book a consultation with a surgeon and get their input as well. You may be able to set your date a few months out and use it as a goal to work toward (that is what I did!)

My DIL got a lower body lift at Christmas and she's looking fabulous! She has lost additional weight since the surgery but I don't know how much. I do know she doesn't eat much these days. She's also very young and I am sure that makes some difference as compared to someone who is in their late 40's and older. (Although I do not know that for a fact.)

kareyquilts: The surgery and recovery are very lengthy (at least it was for DIL) and if you are wanting to participate in wedding planning and events as well as the new baby, you should remember how out of the loop you're going to be for 6 to 8 weeks. Personally though, I think 20 lbs. from goal is a decent weight to be for considering that surgery. However I'm no doctor, just lots of miles under my belt.

Mimin and BJean: Thanks for the info and advice. I love my Body Bugg and have lost 7 pounds since I started using it. That said, I haven't lost any weight in a few weeks. My trainer says that I am building muscle and to be patient. Easy for him to say! I'm inclined to keep working out and trying to lose and maybe waiting until after the wedding, even though I won't like the pictures as well or being in a bathing suit (It's going to be in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico). I want to feel well and really enjoy it. Also, need lots of energy to make sure it all goes smoothly! It's hard to be patient though and sick for the summer... Just not sure! Anyway, looking forward to hearing all about it Mimin! Maybe in another 10 pounds, I'll at least have a consult with a surgeon! HMMM....

i was banded 7th sept in australia melbourne ,it has been over a year ,ive lost 20 kilos,had 6 times has fluid..im doing good,slowly but steady.

thanks lappy1

karey: I keep hearing great things about the Body Bugg. I'm tempted to get one for my DH and I. I bought the scales that give some of the data, but I don't use it like I should. I do think that the Body Bugg gives more info and inspiration. Keep up the good work. I'm sure you are at a plateau and given enough time and continued exercise, the weight loss will kick in again. 80 lbs. is bluddy (to quote green) fabulous!

You look fantastic!!!! GREAT WORK and stop beating yourself up, plenty of us hope to be as successful as you've been!!! YOU GO GIRL!

Sorry, this newbie should learn how to post appropriately! I was responding to a post by GHost.....oops...I'll try to do better! At least it was generic enough I could say it was for all you guys!!! I hope I'm as successful in one year as you all have been!

Thanks TexasRose - got a love your band-date (its my birthday) by the way. Looks like your staying on track as well. You go girl, and we'll see you on the passing for thin thread sooner than you think.

I'm still recovering from my TT but am hopeful that the loss of excess skin will help me get over that last hump in my mind.

BJean: I do like the BB, but it's like everything else. You have to use it and be diligent about meeting your calorie deficit for it to work. I think that after a year with LB that it's good to have a little boost to help with the continued motivation. Plus, you're exercising now and will find all the information that the bugg gives you very useful. It's amazing how just moving around a little more can really pay off. It would be fun to do it with your spouse too.

Hi girls...I've been gone a while, very busy with life but it looks like everyone has done great!

I finally have slithered into a size 12. It's very unreal but I can say I feel great physically and don't really have any significant complaints about my body except saggy boobs. (and smaller ones, how weird.)

My sister and I are running a half-marathon in January in Houston. Just a year ago I couldn't run a half a mile without collapsing.

Needless to say I am very pleased so happy belated bandiversary!